[Solved] How to enable wireless media transfer to the computer?

Search This thread

deepgrass

Oct 11, 2010
I am trying to connect my Z2 to the computer wirelessly.

I connected to my toshiba laptop, Clicked "To transfer media files wirelessly, pair" on the phone,
and followed the instruction to setup Wireless Media Transfer.

Then I got the error when to pair network configuration, it says I cannot make the wireless connection
because I need to enable UPnP connection if firewalll is enable.

I have turn off the firewall, enable UPnP as suggested below, and checked my wireless router does support UPnP and is enabled.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enable-disable-network-discovery#1TC=windows-7

But I still can't use wireless media transfer. Does anyone how to solve this? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Sh4dovv

Apr 1, 2014
Yes this works with my device - but I had no issues so not sure why yours isn't working..

Did you connect via USB first? I connected via USB and then the notification on the phone said "click here to go wireless" - I did that and now I can go into xperia connectivity and connect wirelessly at any time! Great for transferring files without hassle :laugh:

Reactions: deepgrass

deepgrass

Oct 11, 2010
Yes I have connected usb during the setup.
It think it must relate to my computer or router setting.

Thanks for confirm it is working. I will give it another try.

EDIT: Got it working.

Although my computer say it have problem with UPnP. It actually have setup successfully.
To get it connect. Settings>Xperia Connectivity > USB Connectivity > Under Wireless media transfer
Click your Compter name and connect. Done !

Last edited:

dealman

Aug 13, 2011
The fix is correct wireless transfers are working.

Thanks a lot ,

This was gold. this is what made it work for me.

Although my computer say it have problem with UPnP. It actually have setup successfully.
To get it connect. Settings>Xperia Connectivity > USB Connectivity > Under Wireless media transfer
Click your Compter name and connect. Done !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes this works with my device - but I had no issues so not sure why yours isn't working..

Did you connect via USB first? I connected via USB and then the notification on the phone said "click here to go wireless" - I did that and now I can go into xperia connectivity and connect wirelessly at any time! Great for transferring files without hassle :laugh: