Mugen Power updated their HLI-NexusSXL battery from 3300mAh to 3900mAh

Search This thread

nickespi

Feb 2, 2010
I went and got the Gorilla Gadgets 3200 extended. To tell you the absolute honest truth, its amazing!! I did my research, and seriously its kinda hard to take someones word for it, so you really just should pony up and buy what you think is best for your setup. As stated above from past experience, Especially as far as Seidio is concerned on multi battery purchases never lived up to its expectations, The mugen Battery disappointed me as well so i am a lil apprehensive to try them again. I want to see pics of the battery!!

The GorillaGadgets 3200 battery and Battery door is well worth the $ and cheaper $$.
Honest, i can get about 28 hours of moderate to slightly high usage - including about an hour and a half of 4g tethering 2 hours of Pandora moderate phone usage and a lot of texting and mod browsing/emails - weekends 35 hours plus!! as im not as busy texting phone calls. I stay in a 4g area so i use it often..

With That being said people seem to make $ vs. Quality comparison out of these statements which are simply not true or have any thing to do with a manufacturing process. QM AND Materials matter But its up to the Companies to oversee and provide a high quality product. Business make most their markups/profits based on packaging and placement and Promotion - that's business 101.

By any chance, does any one know an extended battery other than the Seidio that would fit the extended Seidio back cover for the Nexus S? That Cover is the sleekest extend back cover - the gorillagadets is slightly to big and wont close all the way!

Last edited:
Reactions: ajlunis

punitanasazi

Jan 31, 2012
Bombay
too bad I cant get my hands on any of these extended batteries back in India. Will probably have to wait till my next US trip to pick one up.

Thanks for all the info guys

BrianDigital

Sorry for the delay, here are some pics of the back covers would have had side by side but my woman left for an iphone........

anywho yeah she does become a brick with the battery but after heavy use during the day and not needing to shakled to a AC outlet life is good, just got the belt clip in a little snug atm but probably loosen up after some use doesnt look half bad either

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FRWX90/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 406

jokkir

Jan 24, 2012
For people who got this, what's your screen on time usually until you have to recharge?

BrianDigital

sorry for the update, I havent went balls to the wall with this battery over the weekend(its been kinda of a slow weekends since I said I would) But ill try my hardest today.

This battery does delivery though at work I genreally have no signal half of a ten hour day and can walk out and still have +60%

BrianDigital

42575593-83c2-2d70.jpg
42575593-83d2-9071.jpg

Note it was not fully charged when starting at ninety percent.
left Pandora streaming the while time on 3g with screen on when in car or during on desk and plus steam was on pretty much the whole time, which does add some battery drain

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jishnu7

Feb 26, 2011
If it is just 4 hours screen on time. I don't think it deliver more than what we loose (weight and thickness).

jerusry

Feb 2, 2012
San Diego
but ya gotta think... using 3g... not wifi... and probably doesn't have super battery saver configuring... I would say this is twice what most would get under same conditions.... I know with that running on 3g I can't get that much... data off and using wifi is a whole different story... I can log 4hrs using wifi....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

BrianDigital

but ya gotta think... using 3g... not wifi... and probably doesn't have super battery saver configuring... I would say this is twice what most would get under same conditions.... I know with that running on 3g I can't get that much... data off and using wifi is a whole different story... I can log 4hrs using wifi....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

you are correct sir I have no battery savings configured it runs everything as default I do believe 4g was idling the whole time to. The funny part is it wasn't fully charged either. If someone needs this(like I do, in my work place I get about
20% time without signal) its worth the money even has the nfc antenna in the new back plate.

And the my hip holster I got from best buy with that crappy clip together case well the phone sits in the holster just fine, but I do recommend that cheap leather case I got off amazon in the above posts

I havent been keeping up to date with the android bugs like the android os percentage is just visual in 4.0.3 or is actually a battery drain, once I update to 4.0.4 ill do this agian

as for weight and thickness if you cannot handle a phone that weights maybe a pound with the new battery yeah you might want to invest in some free weights. The phone doesn't really feel awkward in the hand either and as a added bonus its easy to make a call with it pressed between my ear and shoulder

Last edited:

okishead

May 20, 2011
So after two days of Pandora off 3g with screen on that's what it looks like, under normal usage this thing lasts for days

Thanks for the detailed pictures and tests.
I remember testing 3300mAh back in the days and it did last me very long time between charges, an extra juice upgrade will definitely make it last several days easily!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    485e9308-9228-cf97.jpg
    485e9308-9232-09fb.jpg

So after two days of Pandora off 3g with screen on that's what it looks like, under normal usage this thing lasts for days

Damn, guys!!!! After upgrading to ICS 4.0.3 on Nexus I'm getting 2d 19h 50m 10s on my Mugen 3300mAh battery! I should have waited and ordered a 3900mah later on...
    Check it here.
    Highly recommended!!

Also, does anyone know a good screenshot app? I cannot seem to get one that does not require root.
    This battery is the tits, five hours and in 92% still.

can you take a few pictures of this mugen battery and cover setup on the phone? side shots and up close and all that stuff. please... none of the pictures i find online are worth the time to even see how it looks. highly considering. what is the final overall thickness?
    can you take a few pictures of this mugen battery and cover setup on the phone? side shots and up close and all that stuff. please... none of the pictures i find online are worth the time to even see how it looks. highly considering. what is the final overall thickness?

I'll get the picture later (pm me for a reminder). Probably about a inch thick