[Q] E4GT 3.0 vs E4GT 2 1.4

Search This thread
Mar 13, 2011
Im debating between these two roms they are almost identical. one is just ics and the other gb. does anyone have any suggestions? which has better battery life, signal, smoothness, any input is valid here guys.

euphoria

Jan 21, 2012
Pacific NW
Sounds like you should go for the gb build. Gb is incredible battery, signal, performance. While ics is not bad it is noticeably worse. Advantages of pics are being able to use launchers which resemble aosp ics launcher (trebuchet, apex, Nova) and the general swagginess that ics has

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

sinxjae

Apr 21, 2012
San Jose
sinxjae.tumblr.com
I was running E4GT 2 1.4 ICS for a day and I was getting random resets even after a full wipe. The resets were quick and most of the time I didnt even know my phone reset. I actually prefer the E4GT 3.0 even though it was GB, it seems a lot faster and more stable than the ICS build, esp with the modems being updated lightning fast for both builds, but nothing is really too much different appearance-wise between the two. Both have hotspot hacks, which is amazing and both a tweaked for speed and battery life.

moeinyoho

Sep 24, 2011
Im debating between these two roms they are almost identical. one is just ics and the other gb. does anyone have any suggestions? which has better battery life, signal, smoothness, any input is valid here guys.

if you wanna be cool and be like the rest of use you can try out AOKP build 32 (ICS ROM) while the battery life isnt as good as GB its still awesome.

Or you could try a GB rom like blazer 4.0 with incredible battery life and use nova launcher which resembles ics launcher.

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I would recommend using a Gingerbread based rom to begin with.
They are far more stable overall.
Additionally, the ICS based roms are not something to play with if you're just starting out. There are lots of posts here in the Q&A about ICS bricked phones.
This is a must read:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1525495

Mar 13, 2011
Yea im definately not just starting out and have followed the ops very carefully im very greatful i havent bricked this phone yet seeing as how i have over carelessness with my past 3 phones lol (evo shift, optimus s, moment) but im loving this phone emmensely and with the processor this thing has you rarely ever see a lag. and beat the crap outta battery life i had with past phones. im on E4GT 3.0 right now no complaints whatsoever. i miss ics tho lol thanks for all the input guys :)

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Upon following the suggestions of someone commenting in the forum, I flashed 2.8.1 and have not had any major problems. I tried the 3.0 and had issues. I forgot what they were but 2.8.1 with fd19 modem and no frills CPU control set to 200 1200 cfq set at boot, it had been very stable for me.

Right after you flash it and boot into system, you probably will not be able to choose which launcher initially. Its a simple fix. Hit the power button to turn off the screen, wait a few seconds, then hit power again to waffle up screen. You might have to do this a few times before it let's you select anything. I download stock gingerbread launcher from modaco and use that.