HTC One X Included Earphones and Beats situation

Search This thread

furblue

Apr 17, 2012
I m amazing the stock headphone with beats sound profile is enough for me. Even better than iphone

kenshin1

May 29, 2009
I read somewhere that beats had to be enabled via poweramp for it to work.. Checked the playstore pics and I do see it on there sample pics but can't see it on mine...

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

schriss

Feb 6, 2006
Dublin
I read somewhere that beats had to be enabled via poweramp for it to work.. Checked the playstore pics and I do see it on there sample pics but can't see it on mine...

I havent seen any special option for that, but if you disable Direct Volume Control in PowerAMP, then Beats works. You can easily tell by changing profiles while music is still playing.

kenshin1

May 29, 2009
I got this from the playstore.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334790583661.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334790583661.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 256

kenshin1

May 29, 2009
Try this again... The first pic won't show for some reason.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334790959307.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334790959307.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

dave2

Jun 9, 2010
London
Shame the headset included are the type that doesn't fit properly or comfortable for my ears. Luckily I have my earphones from my Galaxy S2, and with Beats enabled, it certainly gives a bit of a boost in sound quality.

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
I tried mine out with a set of Sony XBA-4 in ear Balanced Armature headphones today. AMAZING!!!

Far better sound quality than my iPod Classic.

I'm very impressed!

Jan 24, 2012
Zürich
Dre iBeats just blow your top off !!

I'm no audio geek, but I was impressed with the sound quality of the One X and standard HTC headphones. Better than listening to my iPod
Forget your Ipod. LOL :D:D
?? I suggest you go to any carrier shop and test the 1X with the clumbsy dr.dres. !

It will blow your brain out. You will be shocked and really ashamed of your tinityni earbuds. My son is using them since January for his Iphone ( yeah an Ipod which can call mami..LOL:D)

Really,go and try them out. you will instantly opt for a contract which offers the dr. dres as a goody.

The 1Xs rocks thounderous with these ibeats. I talked the shopmanager into a free upgrade next month when they start pushing the 1X. He doesn't know yet if they come in a package or alone but I'll be the first to get one anyway.:)

I bet they work tremendous with my Transformer as well.

Last edited:

rohanwadhwa

Apr 14, 2012
S4i

I have been using klipsch s4i and Bose Mie2i with my phone and the output was great compared to the output with my iPod touch. Previously with my DesireHD there is no comparison of the sound quality. Thanks to the beats audio.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hey,
Can u please confirm if klipsch s4i's 3 button controls for volume and play/ pause work with the htc one x or not?

I am planning to buy a new set of in ear earphones for use with my htc one x... Which one would you recommend..?

Thanks.

andreimp82

Nov 12, 2009
Hey,
Can u please confirm if klipsch s4i's 3 button controls for volume and play/ pause work with the htc one x or not?

I am planning to buy a new set of in ear earphones for use with my htc one x... Which one would you recommend..?

Thanks.

Hi, I am also interested in this, can someone recommend a pair of in-ear (ear buds) that have music player commands (3 buttons) that work with the One X ?

Thanks.

G69D

Apr 19, 2012
has anyone tried out Soul by Ludarcis earbuds or headphones with the One X?i'm really wondering about how it would sound against Beats by Dre with this phone.

jsntrenkler

Feb 13, 2009
Palm Desert, California
I have the power beats headset and all the buttons work. They sound amazing on this phone. My ears don't hold the buds in very well and these have a hook on the that keeps them secure.

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

farnsbarns

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I've had 3 HOXs and not one came with the beats head phones. I'd really like to have them but 50 quid is the going rate on fleabay and I'm not paying that. Should they have been in the box?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so today i put my One X, Sensation XL, iPod and Sensation classic to music test

HTC didn't not really lie when they said now Beats is included in software and let me explain why

If you use the iPod earphones, standard old HTC earphones and urBeats with the Sensation XL, you find the best audio is coming from urBeats, second place goes to the iPod earphones and finally ofcourse the old messy HTC earphones

but then i expected the included One X to do badly on the One X, turns out urBeats is doing very badly even if you choose urBeats profile, the included One X headset actually comes best a bit better or equal to the iPod earphones, which are not bad to begin with, certainly miles ahead of the old HTC stuff, the One X earphones does best with urBeat profile very similar to the quality of urBeats on XL, which are for some reason rendered useless on the X

of course this is all subjective and depends on my audio preference

but my point is, it seems the Sensation XL was simply detecting the urBeats set and enabling the beats improved profile, has nothing to do with the quality of urBeats itself

on the One X those profiles are open for you to choose from and the include inbox earsets is so incredibly close to the iPod ones, not a bad deal if you ask me!

The included beats profiles sound really good and we have tons of profiles to choose based on our test and they work globally too, much better beats/audio than the sensation XL!
    to be honest, the earphones are good and i wouldt have mind them if they were in-ear and had music control instead of pause play function only..

been using in-ears for far to long to go back to non in-ear earphones.. :(
    I have been using klipsch s4i and Bose Mie2i with my phone and the output was great compared to the output with my iPod touch. Previously with my DesireHD there is no comparison of the sound quality. Thanks to the beats audio.

Indeed, the new earphones from the One X are not bad and way better than the standard HTC earphones from earlier phones. But I still have the Beats in-ear headset from my Sensation XE and that sounds way better than the ones out of the box.
    tested my klipsch s4i vs the included urBeats by Monster earphones. (beats headset is included @ vodafone one series devices)

the beats do have a better bass but the s4i sounds more natural, the midrange is a lot clearer.

sadly the cable remote of the s4i won't work completly, pause and play is possible, but no track jumping.

anyways, i will he selling my beats headset, the s4i are the better earphones for me, much lighter, much more confortable and i think the better sound ;)

(so if you want just testet urbeats... pm me, they are like new)

Install klipsch control app for play store, which will enable all the missing features of the button. But the volume buttons still won't work.
    Does the urbeats have the music control and volume control features?