[EASIEST ROOT/UNLOCK TOOLKIT] Wugfresh Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

FingerMove

Jan 14, 2012
I have some questions:

I installed every driver trough the Full Driver Installation Guide, is it necessary for the "Reboot Device" button to work?
My Galaxy Nexus is listed as fastboot device, but it only restarts when I'm pressing the power button alternatively.

I read somewhere that the Galaxy Nexus is nearly unbrickable, so are my chances to open the bootloader and root it like 99%?

ace-user

Feb 23, 2012
hi guys...i'm new to the nexus and i wan to root my phone...will the backup function is this toolkit backup all my data including song,movies,games data,contacts and messages?

Dakota0206

Sep 17, 2011
www.okc-tech.com
hi guys...i'm new to the nexus and i wan to root my phone...will the backup function is this toolkit backup all my data including song,movies,games data,contacts and messages?

No, you need to backup your sdcard to the computer, and I highly recommend syncing your contacts with your Google account.

The backup feature will backup your apps so you don't have to download them all again after unlocking the bootloader

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ace-user

Feb 23, 2012
No, you need to backup your sdcard to the computer, and I highly recommend syncing your contacts with your Google account.

The backup feature will backup your apps so you don't have to download them all again after unlocking the bootloader

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

so it will still backup my games but not my media,messages and contacts...am i right?

FingerMove

Jan 14, 2012
so it will still backup my games but not my media,messages and contacts...am i right?

Pictures, videos and other stuff has to be copied on your PC, the backup saves all Apps as far as I know. Messages can be backed up with SMS Backup & Restore and your contacts can be synchronized with Google. Just go to your contacts -> menu button -> accounts -> Google and just check if your contacts are marked and synchronized. If you want to be safe just mark, demark and mark your contacts and they sould be at least now synchronized to the Google servers :)

alphinux

Jan 29, 2012
Mexico City
Hi,
I've been trying to root in different ways my GN without success for over a week. It's an Unlocked GSM GN. Android 4.0.4 Build number IMM76I, Bootloader version - PRIMELA03
I did research on my problems but every solution is for a GN that is rooted already.

To start with when I turned it on about 2 weeks ago for the first time I got an OTA update and updated. When it restarted I had the open android laying on it's back with an exclamation mark. I restarted and all fine.

Since it's already unlocked I skipped the unlock step.
When I choose Root the GN shows on boot mode a "FASTBOOT STATUS - FAILInvalid command" then when it restarts normally (because either it stayed too long on fastboot or manually) I get the following:
Code:
 Booting your Galaxy Nexus...
-----------------------------------------
remounting...
adb cannot run as root in production builds
remount failed: Operation not permitted

pushing su binary...
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system

pushing Superuser.apk...
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Read-only file system

setting file permissions...
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory

done...

Then again goes into fastboot mode an I get

Code:
Flashing ClockworkMod custom recovery...
----------------------------------------
sending 'recovery' (5684 KB)... FAILED (remote: Invalid Command) finished. total time: 0.000s

At the end no root obviously.

I though maybe I should start "unlocking" it. Still no go. I get a "FASTBOOT STATUS - FAILAlready Unlocked"

So, any ideas?

Hi,
I've been trying to root in different ways my GN without success for over a week. It's an Unlocked GSM GN. Android 4.0.4 Build number IMM76I, Bootloader version - PRIMELA03
I did research on my problems but...[/CODE]
My suggestion would be a fresh wipe to stock and then starting over. Make sure you have proper drivers installed and you should be set.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kwoodall

Mar 23, 2007
I have a Gnex fresh from the Play store (got it hours before the temp. sales ban) and am trying to use the toolkit here. When I get to the Full Driver Installation Guide and select Automatic the cmd windows opens briefly and reports:

'pnputil' not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program, etc...

Manual installation of drivers also fails.

I'm on Windows 7. Play store Gnex w/4.04

Thanks!

Kermit Woodall

system60

Jul 24, 2010
LI/NY
Are you using the cable that came with it? I had the same issue but was able to do it manually with the cable that came with it.

SplitCold

Jun 21, 2011
Nexus 5
So im trying to use this and i just finished step 7 of the driver setup up. Im in boot loader and in device manager my device is listed as SAMSUNG Android ADB interface. However now on to step 8 and the phone will not reboot to bootloader while in bootloader.

List fast boot device works and I see my device.

Edit:
I unplugged my phone from USB and plugged it back in now I have a little error on the bottom right, fastboot command read error -2147483647. I did a search and it said to try a different USB port, i did same thing, I can not get my phone to reboot while in bootloader.

Do i still proceed or did i screw something up.

Last edited:

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
The Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit is now the 'Nexus Root Toolkit' v1.5 is released and it supports all Nexus devices:
  • Galaxy Nexus: GSM Models (both yakju and non-yakju builds)
  • Galaxy Nexus: CDMA/LTE Verizon Models
  • Galaxy Nexus: CDMA/LTE Sprint Models
  • Nexus S: Worldwide, i9020t and i9023 Models
  • Nexus S: 850MHz, i9020a Models
  • Nexus S: Korea, m200 Models
  • Nexus S 4G: d720 Models
  • Nexus 7: Asus Tablet

http://www.wugfresh.com/dev/nexus-root-toolkit/

Changelog and helpfile are in the works...

{{ WugFresh }}

eggwardo

Mar 12, 2012
How is this not in the stickies?
This is truely great. I was reading all of the stickied posts and all the links in those posts (the ones that work) and was getting quite frustrated with the info there. Luckily i found this. Soooo easy to use. This is what everyone should be using. The only tricky part is setting up drivers, but it's still easier than doing it manually.

thanks a lot :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

(yes i know theres a thanks button:eek:)

Reactions: Dakota0206

thenbt

Jan 1, 2012
Sydney
flashed 4.1.1 but i lost my root, if i reflash 4.0.4 and get the 4.1.1 ota how can i use this root toolkit to get root back?

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
I think I would like to consolidate support to one thread now that this toolkit supports the whole nexus line;

I also would like to be OP... Dakota, is that cool with you?

Here is the new thread I started
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766475

[Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5

{{ WugFresh }}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts