[Q] GALAXY NOTE 2 Metal back cover?

Search This thread

Bliznade

Sep 12, 2012
How about a metal one with NFC that we don't have to pay $300 for in bulk? Lol.

Last edited:

sshafranko

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
I'm interested as well

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Also the item mentioned above for $322 is no longer available for some reason.

bigdade

Apr 13, 2010
BLACK METAL ALUMINIUM Battery Back Door Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 II SPRINT T-MOBILE

I bought this one from ebay. Super fast shipping and awesome looking product. It really is aluminum. It adds a little weight to the phone, but makes it feel more solid. You do lose a bit of reception, but not too bad. I definitely recommend it.

scote

Mar 30, 2007
each to their own, I wouldnt want to lose signal, less signal equals phone transmitting power increases, equals less battery life. If you on the edge of a signal with a normal back you wont get signal with an alu back
I also have an asus transformer prime that has a spun aluminium case, the wifi is terrible and gps does not work at all, for that reason I would not inflict an aluminium back on my gn2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here ya Go

I just happen to stumble upon these today on Ebay, they seem like exactly what you wanted.

White Model http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-cover...614044?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1c2c14541c

Grey Model http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATTERY-COV...027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d5f67c13

I hadn't thought about these, but they are actually nice looking.
    I would be quite happy with a back cover like the one on the blue Note 1
    Interesting, i was goint to say, if NFC was the only problem, then I wouldn't mind sacrificing the NFC, as its main use, NFC payment, hasnt been rolled out much in the UK.
    But since everything else is blocked then I guess this thread and the idea is pointless.

Anyway, Just saw the links posted above, interesting indeed.
    The grey titanium one posted above seems to have plastic inside with a metal back,

busab, you said you bought one, when it comes, mind sharing any signal problems, if any?

Yeah I will share my results. I am waiting on the Tmobile version of the note 2 to be released though. Hopefully the battery door and the phone will show up around the same time :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Ha, small world I live in Columbia, SC.

Indeed it is my friend! :beer:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok so I got my metal back cover in the mail today and I also got my tmobile note 2 also today. Great timing huh?

Quality wise its decent. The only problem is the "galaxy note II" lettering on the back. The "note" part is kinda messed up. I'll see if I can get some pictures up here in a bit.

It fits perfectly, so no issues there. It feels really nice to the touch and I prefer it to the stock battery cover. It just makes it feel more sturdy.

As far as signal goes, I really don't see any difference. I am in a fairly strong signal area though. Maybe it will make a difference in fringe areas but I'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway that's my quick little review.

Edit: I went into the phone status menu and looked at the signal strength with the metal cover on and with it off. With it off it was hovering around -93,with it on it was staying around -97. So it does affect the signal a little bit.

y5u6epub.jpg
    tudu4y9y.jpg
    jadany4u.jpg
    pusa7egu.jpg
    y5a6evah.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2