Trying like hell to root this thing...

Search This thread

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
So far ive tried superoneclick... froze on step 7

tried manually installing superuser... couldnt verify.

tried installing a root zip... couldnt verify.

the only thing that claims to have worked is clockworkmod... except that it will NOT allow me access to any of the actual rooted functions.

i was able to download superuser (which you cannot download from google play unless rooted- that worked.)

trying to keep the OS on it now while being able to delete bloatware, for a friend.

is it purely impossible to root a stock rom? why can i install programs that requre root but i cannot use them for their intended purpose (rom manager says it cant find superuser in either of 2 locations).

what the heck am i missing?? ive been googling and trying methods for hours to no avail. cant boot into cwm recovery at all, by rom manager or from powered off (it goes into stock recovery.).

what else can i do?

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
So far ive tried superoneclick... froze on step 7

tried manually installing superuser... couldnt verify.

tried installing a root zip... couldnt verify.

the only thing that claims to have worked is clockworkmod... except that it will NOT allow me access to any of the actual rooted functions.

i was able to download superuser (which you cannot download from google play unless rooted- that worked.)

trying to keep the OS on it now while being able to delete bloatware, for a friend.

is it purely impossible to root a stock rom? why can i install programs that requre root but i cannot use them for their intended purpose (rom manager says it cant find superuser in either of 2 locations).

what the heck am i missing?? ive been googling and trying methods for hours to no avail. cant boot into cwm recovery at all, by rom manager or from powered off (it goes into stock recovery.).

what else can i do?

What device do you have? There a several variations of the Tab 3.

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
Finally got it to work. i guess the magic step is not letting odin auto reboot. I was afraid not to let it because its not even mine. But, i followed the video in that thread exactly and that let my root zip install correctly.

phew!

Jctatis

Oct 14, 2012
Panamá
Finally got it to work. i guess the magic step is not letting odin auto reboot. I was afraid not to let it because its not even mine. But, i followed the video in that thread exactly and that let my root zip install correctly.

phew!

Well actually the guide say rem8ve the check mark of reboot. You most do it by your own.

Send from my SM-T210R (Rocket Tab Rom) using XDA HD Premium