I Hardbricked my i9500 :(

Search This thread

shivap1998

Sep 24, 2012
Gurgaon
Hello XDA,
So yesterday i installed the pac-man ROM 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4 (i9500) and all was going well. Then i tried installing Unicon ( a utility which manages your icon packs). I have installed this app on every android phone i have ever had and every time it asks me to go into xposed and enable it like it usually does.

So i go into xposed and i click on install/update. It shows a dialog saying that (some file name i don't remember) is already there and continue if you are feeling adventurous. Being the stupid person I am i continued.

After switching off the device, the screen is absolutely black and does not even go to download mode or recovery mode.

Please help me I'm almost crying as the warranty just ran out and it wont get replaced or anything. I don't even have the money to buy a new phone right now.
Please tell me what to do to fix this i don't care about the data or anything i just want my phone to be fixed please help me..........:crying:

Andy0625

Dec 9, 2012
Hello XDA,
So yesterday i installed the pac-man ROM 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4 (i9500) and all was going well. Then i tried installing Unicon ( a utility which manages your icon packs). I have installed this app on every android phone i have ever had and every time it asks me to go into xposed and enable it like it usually does.

So i go into xposed and i click on install/update. It shows a dialog saying that (some file name i don't remember) is already there and continue if you are feeling adventurous. Being the stupid person I am i continued.

After switching off the device, the screen is absolutely black and does not even go to download mode or recovery mode.

Please help me I'm almost crying as the warranty just ran out and it wont get replaced or anything. I don't even have the money to buy a new phone right now.
Please tell me what to do to fix this i don't care about the data or anything i just want my phone to be fixed please help me..........:crying:
Not an expert but try to buy an USB JIG that force your phone into download mode. At that point, you can flash a recovery or a rom directly via odin. :good:

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Well, it has nothing to do with Xposed. You can almost impossible brick it that way.

Did you try a simple thing like taking the battery out?

shivap1998

Sep 24, 2012
Gurgaon
Yes I tried removing everything I could including battery Sim card SD card. Still not working. some people have said that in hard brick their devices give out red led but my phone doesn't even do that. Its just like a brick. Somebody pls help me ;( my dad doesn't let me use the credit card online and I can't find the USB jig anywhere near me so I can't get it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

AnaMajhol

May 4, 2012
YOUR BACKYARD
Yes I tried removing everything I could including battery Sim card SD card. Still not working. some people have said that in hard brick their devices give out red led but my phone doesn't even do that. Its just like a brick. Somebody pls help me ;( my dad doesn't let me use the credit card online and I can't find the USB jig anywhere near me so I can't get it.

Try asking here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

shivap1998

Sep 24, 2012
Gurgaon
My phone is hard bricked where as that link is for soft bricked phones. Thank you anyways.....

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Your phone is not bricked. The way you descriped is almost impossible to brick it.

You got a faulty battery or a hardware failure.

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi,

I and a friend had a similar issue to yours. Our S4 was very slow and we took out the battery, now it doesn't even show Samsung Splash Screen (same issue, different context). Unfortunately, JIG won't do the work there (I tried).

While my friend sent it to warranty I didn't have mine because it was bought in US and I'm from Brazil. It looks like a viable way of solving it is using a tool called JTAG, I'm waiting for a friend to bring to my town his JTAG to see if it works, I'll report here the results, I recommend you searching for it ;).

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10

shivap1998

Sep 24, 2012
Gurgaon
Thank you but are you sure the jig won't work? As my case is different I think it might... Thanks anyway I will try looking for a JTAG......

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Thank you but are you sure the jig won't work? As my case is different I think it might... Thanks anyway I will try looking for a JTAG......

Hi,

JIG will only work
if you can get at least in Splash Screen, if it doesn't give any life signal, then I get that you can't get into Splash Screen, therefore, JIG won't do the work.

Here's a video showing exactly the same problem I had and a JTAG repair ;)
Samsung Galaxy S4 - JTAG Brick Repair Service (De…: http://youtu.be/PkfEhu4trRY

You sure you'll look for the JTAG device? The Jtag box cost around $210. :p

Hi,

There are people who can do the JTAG work, they charge some money but fix it. Even though it is way cheaper than getting a JTAG interface ;). Buying a device would be way more expensive, and I think it wouldn't be really worth, like you mentioned ;).

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Guys, I like the talk about JTAG, but I don't think it will do him any good.

His device is not bricked. Xposed only installs in /system/bin (if I am not mistaken). Thus it's impossible to brick it that way. It does nothing to the bootloader, download mode or any other partition.

He has clearly a faulty battery or an other hardware failure. He just had bad luck imo.

shivap1998

Sep 24, 2012
Gurgaon
Are you sure about that? I'll try changing the battery.... But as I said I can't enter download mode or recovery ,both are symptoms of a hard brick....
And any idea where I can find a person with JTAG in Gurgaon(India)?

mintec

Sep 24, 2012
Are you sure about that? I'll try changing the battery.... But as I said I can't enter download mode or recovery ,both are symptoms of a hard brick....
And any idea where I can find a person with JTAG in Gurgaon(India)?

Sounds like a dead battery. Get your battery charged using an external charger or using a friend's working S4.

jamesjerss

May 5, 2011
Nagercoil
www.facebook.com
If yur mobile is dead try this procedure link below, This procedure vil wrk on i9300, n7100,i9500 tested by me. no need to follow ful method create bootable memory card insert the card into yur mobile insert battery den connect usb jig wait for 10 to 15 min yur mob sud boot into download mode. aftr boot flash vit multi file firmware vit pit dnt flash kitkat. boz aftr deadboot repair yu hav to repair imei . 4.2.2 or 4.3.3 is better to repair .

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/gene...n7100-dead-t2647558/post50305456#post50305456

shivap1998

Sep 24, 2012
Gurgaon
Sorry but the IMEI fix is only for i9300 and I don't have all the required stuff for the procedure.

shivap1998

Sep 24, 2012
Gurgaon
Thank you all for your help guyz but now as you can see (signature) my phone is now fixed. I just went to a shop and got it fixed for Rs 900 ($15). Thank you all for your help ;).

Sent from my awesome GS4 (I9500)

shivap1998

Sep 24, 2012
Gurgaon
Sorry for the last reply but sorry I wasn't able to find out what was wrong....
Sent from my C2104 using XDA Free mobile app