[SHV-E160][Root][Stock]How to Root Korean Note via Flashing with Rooted Stock FW

Search This thread

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Thanks a lot for posting the Wind V3 ROM link, it sure is great. I am using it since 4 days.. all problems solved related to Korean Notes;

SMS limit solved
Korean Keypad gone
LG U+ boot animation gone for good

Keep up the good work guys...

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Hey Dark...

Is there anyway we can port these solutions from V3 Windy ROM or 9000lang ROM in to the JB leak. I understand there can be a lot of work needed to do so.

Just wishing for a good JB ROM..... :)

I prefer 9000lang to Wind V3 as its a lot faster. More stable IMHO.
Currently building my own version of JB leak ROM.
So far :-
Debloated down from 1gb to 600mb
SMS fix (sorted of)
Speed tweeks (heavy research into build.prop)
Deodex / zipalign
Tweaked recovery
Adb side load
Su / busybox
Patching phone dialer ATM.
Patching layout
Language defaults to English on factory reset.
I am trying to only add what's really needed, suggestions welcome.
Flapjaxxx kernel
Over/under clock
Well that's the basics of it anyway.

Darkspr1te

sent from the Darkspr1te's lair

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
flapjaxx would be the greatest add on dark..
how about the multi -window and the ripple lock screen and the annoying log that comes in evrytime when you receive a text message? can you disable that one?

Sent from my SHV-E160L using xda app-developers app

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
flapjaxx would be the greatest add on dark..
how about the multi -window and the ripple lock screen and the annoying log that comes in evrytime when you receive a text message? can you disable that one?

Ripple is done and 80% of svoice is working.
Multi window is there in part, web/notes so far.
Kernel is on hold while I learn more about the new JB system calls
Darkspr1te

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
Ripple is done and 80% of svoice is working.
Multi window is there in part, web/notes so far.
Kernel is on hold while I learn more about the new JB system calls
Darkspr1te

and the lag???
sometimes, opening an app and closing it fast seem to give a crappy lag..
can we have the smoothness and speed that we have in the 9000lang?

woopsgoops

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
I prefer 9000lang to Wind V3 as its a lot faster. More stable IMHO.
Currently building my own version of JB leak ROM.
So far :-
Debloated down from 1gb to 600mb
SMS fix (sorted of)
Speed tweeks (heavy research into build.prop)
Deodex / zipalign
Tweaked recovery
Adb side load
Su / busybox
Patching phone dialer ATM.
Patching layout
Language defaults to English on factory reset.
I am trying to only add what's really needed, suggestions welcome.
Flapjaxxx kernel
Over/under clock
Well that's the basics of it anyway.

Darkspr1te

Great Dark!!

You are the man!!... thanks a lot for helping us all for getting the Korean Note on track. Keep us posted on the developments. Cheers!!

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
that's no surprise..they even got the leak jb 3months ago..so maybe we'll grt ours 3mos from now:confused:

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
that's no surprise..they even got the leak jb 3months ago..so maybe we'll grt ours 3mos from now:confused:

Well the good news is that the current leak is getting attention/tweaks.
Most of what I am doing right now will be transferable, most.
It also looks like they may be dropping the 80char limit for international keyboard/local, the settings are in the .apk but not all is implemented in the code, they also included a CSC section for the first time but so far I've not seen any effect from changing the settings.
Just finished initrd tweaks,
Boot logo changes and more build.prop work, testing that so far is the most time consuming. Further SMS work is on hold at 160chars
Darkspr1te

maestrobarako

Jan 4, 2013
davao
Well the good news is that the current leak is getting attention/tweaks.
Most of what I am doing right now will be transferable, most.
It also looks like they may be dropping the 80char limit for international keyboard/local, the settings are in the .apk but not all is implemented in the code, they also included a CSC section for the first time but so far I've not seen any effect from changing the settings.
Just finished initrd tweaks,
Boot logo changes and more build.prop work, testing that so far is the most time consuming. Further SMS work is on hold at 160chars
Darkspr1te

you're doing a hell of a job dark.. i was thinking that maybe well donate something in return for your hardcore work.. LOL:D

darkspr1te

Sep 24, 2012
Thank you, however I'm stuck at the verification code... How am I supposed to enter two Chinese characters...? :(

Awesome part of having a note, did you know there is a kanji translator using written kanji. That's how I got my access

Kanji is not mandarin Chinese BTW, its just a example.
Sent from my A210 using Tapa talk 2

Reactions: ugly_rose

marian16rox

Mar 9, 2013
Hi!

First, let me say I'm a total noob at this, so please excuse me if I ask a lot of questions or nned further explanations. My phone (SHV E160S) recently got stuck at the Samsung logo screen at boot. Thankfully I could go into Download mode. It was rooted by someone else for me & I can't remember the Baseband version and b/c it was frozen I couldn't check it out - just the model & Android version. I honestly didn't want to do a factory reset. So I decided to just go back to flash a stock rom as instructed because they don't have a Kernel restrictions, it just required the model.

I got the drivers, went into Download mode and got a PASS on Odin after hitting Start. Now it boots up, but only until a certain point.

Previously (before it got stuck on the logo) I got the Samsung Galaxy Note screen then the Samsung logo, then it would be ready to use. Now I get the SGN screen then a 4G LTE screen then a T (attached picture) which I presume is from a Korean company. It's still stuck on the T screen. Flashed twice already, same results.

I'm confused as to what to do next. Should I just do a factory reset? Please help! :(

Attachments

• IMG_5443.jpg
    IMG_5443.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 157
  • odin.JPG
    odin.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 182

ugly_rose

Jun 1, 2012
Hi there,

I just flashed the rooted stock JB for my model. The flashing T is the logo of SK Telecom so thats all good and well. However, I want to make sure you flashed the correct stock rom, only intended for the SHV-E160S. (there's also SHV-E160K and SHV-E160L in Korea, Korea Telecom and LG U+). Would you be able to provide us the filename of the ROM and the download website?

Hope we can help, there are some really knowledgeable people on here and I'm not one of them.

Sent from my SHV-E160S

vhmaster

Aug 14, 2009
Hi!

First, let me say I'm a total noob at this, so please excuse me if I ask a lot of questions or nned further explanations. My phone (SHV E160S) recently got stuck at the Samsung logo screen at boot. Thankfully I could go into Download mode. It was rooted by someone else for me & I can't remember the Baseband version and b/c it was frozen I couldn't check it out - just the model & Android version. I honestly didn't want to do a factory reset. So I decided to just go back to flash a stock rom as instructed because they don't have a Kernel restrictions, it just required the model.

I got the drivers, went into Download mode and got a PASS on Odin after hitting Start. Now it boots up, but only until a certain point.

Previously (before it got stuck on the logo) I got the Samsung Galaxy Note screen then the Samsung logo, then it would be ready to use. Now I get the SGN screen then a 4G LTE screen then a T (attached picture) which I presume is from a Korean company. It's still stuck on the T screen. Flashed twice already, same results.

I'm confused as to what to do next. Should I just do a factory reset? Please help! :(

I got the exactly same problem (even same photo!). I did factory reset (both clear cache partition and clear user data). Now it works normally. Hope that help. Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Admins- apologize for posting it here. Please feel free to move to appropriate location. I just want to help fellow Galaxy Note (korean version) owners. With the help of Google translate, and straining to interpret various chinese and korean websites, I was able to deduce a way to root the Korean note via updating it with rooted stock firmware (Samsung Original Firmware, only it's already Rooted).

How to Root Korean Note via Flashing with Rooted Stock Firmware

Flashing:
    general instructions taken from mycatisether post

• Put the Korean Note into download mode by holding down the volume down button + home button + power button
    • The Note will then display a tonne of Korean text on-screen, press the volume up button to actually enter the download mode
    • Run Odin in administrator mode (not really sure if it makes a difference but might as well), make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are the only checked items, click the PDA button and select the appropriate firmware file from the list below. Each ROM ~1GB+. Note that the latest firmware is at the bottom of the list for each model.

E160S

E160K

E160L

source: http://matcl.com

Note: Flashing this firmware will not erase your data. It will preserve everything (apps, accounts, SMS, etc), including keeping disabled all the bloat apps I've disabled in the system. Rooting will allow you to permanently remove all these and other protected bloat apps.
    Thank you OP...good work ....g
    How to Install Latest Rooted Tegrak Kernel/Recovery for Korean Galaxy Note SHV-E160

I’ve created a new thread on XDA for installing Tegrak’s kernel and recovery. Latest kernel and recovery links are also included.

My desire is to make the most definitive and easiest to understand procedure for us Korean Galaxy note owners.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32478601#post32478601
    This is awesome indeed, thank you so much jairrab!

I just got the SHV-E160S from a Korean friend and updated it to the latest firmware via KIES (IMM76D.UH24).

As I suspect many others have experienced, I noted to my dismay that I cannot send text messages longer than 80 characters, and that I only have G-service with my 4G plan on T-Mobile in the US.

:

Hi there,

I will tell you what I knows about the Korean Note till date;

1. You can't just flash any ROM and it will work with the Korean Note, especially the I717 ROM's they will not work. Even I thought it should but apparently there are subtle differences between these phones and Samsung Korea made it different than the I717.

2. There is a hidden menu for every Korean Note, I own the SHV-E160L and it is 319712358 then for the password it is 0821. You can manually select your data connection there. I guess E160L is locked with U+ on LTE and it is CDMA, so it will not work with 4G/LTE. But, you can switch to WCDMA, this gives you 3G speeds, and GSM only will give you GPRS. I am using 3G speeds currently in India.

3. These are the orignal ROM's. For my E160L Kies detects it as orignal and indicates that I am up to date with the firmware.

4. As I said earlier, flashing any ROM will not work, it will need specific ROM's for your particular SHV only. We all are wishing for a good custom ROM, but no success till date. There are some ROM's available for SHV's on KOXDA, but again the language is a big problem, along with the site securities.

I hope this will help you in some regards. Have fun.. :)
    Great work man!! I was also looking for this since long... thanks a lot.. pressed it too :)

Problem being now, I am seeing 2 superusers, one earlier superuser since I was rooted previously and now the new SuperSU from the new ROM. Any suggestions on how to remove. Tried though root explorer but can't see any superuser.apk there :(

Well, I think you can just simply decide which one of them you want to use, and uninstall the other. If it's a user app, it should be pretty easy to uninstall it. If it's a system app, you may need to use titanium backup to do it.