Is there a bypass to root XXUBMJ7 with Knox?

Search This thread

hansare

Nov 16, 2010
Berkelland
Nowadays in the Netherlands you can only buy the I9195LTE with the XXUBMJ7 firmware, so with Knox.

Is there a bypass / possibility to root and get CWM without getting a problem with Knox?

I ask because I want to flash custom roms and like to use Titanium Backup.

Hope that someone knows a solution.

hansare

Nov 16, 2010
Berkelland

OGroteKoning

Dec 26, 2011
I would also like an answer on this.

I don't much care for installing CWM/TWRP or custom roms (for now). All I want is to root my wife's i9195 without tripping knox or bricking the phone. The main purpose would be to use apps that require root (TB, SD Maid, etc), get rid of bloatware and make it a bit more battery friendly.

rogier666

Jan 27, 2011
androidblog.site666.info

I don't much care for installing CWM/TWRP or custom roms (for now). All I want is to root my wife's i9195 without tripping knox or bricking the phone. The main purpose would be to use apps that require root (TB, SD Maid, etc), get rid of bloatware and make it a bit more battery friendly.

Check your firmware version (settings -> about phone).
If it's MJ7 or higher, rooting and flashing will trip your knox counter. It's irreversible, and there's no way to prevent it (yet).
If you have old firmware you can root your phone without upping the counter (unless Samsung has hidden something that nobody found out yet).
So if you have older firmware, don't update it.

The method on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980 won't brick your phone.

Reactions: OGroteKoning

turbare

Sep 23, 2009
Bucharest
If you live within the EU you warranty isn't voided by the Knox flag.
There was some thread floating around with proper links and documentation.

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
Wrong post, moderator please go ahead and delete this.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Check your firmware version (settings -> about phone).
    If it's MJ7 or higher, rooting and flashing will trip your knox counter. It's irreversible, and there's no way to prevent it (yet).
    If you have old firmware you can root your phone without upping the counter (unless Samsung has hidden something that nobody found out yet).
    So if you have older firmware, don't update it.

The method on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980 won't brick your phone.

I bought an I9192 yesterday with MK4. I rooted with saferoot....the updated one on P4 post # 36. I followed the instructions and at the end it said that Knox was disabled. In download mode the counter was still at 0x0. I then flashed TWRP from this forum and my Knox counter is still at 0x0 and the phone works fine....FYI. From reading the thread about saferoot, if it cant root your phone, no harm will be done.