Z8 smart watch $149

Search This thread

timtop

Nov 7, 2013
Yeah looks like the Omate Truesmart / AW414 ripoff. Looks pretty nice though.

I found another ripoff using MTK6572 hardware wrapped up in the Samsung Galaxy Gear body (by Jajatong, the famous ripoff artist of Samsung smartphones):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smart-Watch-JAJATONG-W007-daul-core-smart-watch-gear-500w-camera-1-6-inch-mtk6572-512MB/1748041635.html

Just be careful, this appears to be a "pre-sale" item (Google "Jajatong W007") - like Kickstarters, I personally won't give them my money until I see the actual model appears in the market - many people who bought "pre-sales" get faulty rush jobs!

One thing I worry about is the battery life of this watch. The MTK is known to be power-hungry. Previous models such as the EC308/309 and ZGPAX lug around a thick detachable battery and battery life is not great. The Galaxy Gear has a thin body and the battery is not replaceable.

Otherwise, it may be a success like the other ripoffs made by this company, selling at a deeply discounted price.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Not a rip off. If you have enough money, even you could get a contract with Umeox (Omate doesn't make any of these watches) and sell it as your brand.

Be forewarned, the firmware on all of them is unsecure as hell. Proper source doesn't exist outside of Mediatek and they are prone to issues.