Generic Z1 6906 bootloader unlock NO? :(

Search This thread

quailallstar

Jan 22, 2007
Google Pixel 8 Pro
So I got this phone thinking the bootloader would be unlockable... To my surprise I checked and it says no. I still submitted the unlock request through Sony and they generated a code that was e-mailed to me. So confused. The phone is used so does this mean it is already unlocked?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-29-20-58-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-29-20-58-51.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Well this is a huge disappointment. Makes me want to sell the phone now and get something else.

This situation can be very frustrating but actually you was not informed about that before brought the Z1, if you will know it you will bring one with Unlockable Bootloader, right? I guess you cannot go back to your provider and switch with another one. If you really give up then I will considering to buy Z2.

quailallstar

Jan 22, 2007
Google Pixel 8 Pro
This situation can be very frustrating but actually you was not informed about that before brought the Z1, if you will know it you will bring one with Unlockable Bootloader, right? I guess you cannot go back to your provider and switch with another one. If you really give up then I will considering to buy Z2.

Well I purchased the phone used from someone who has never even heard of XDA. I got it off Swappa at a great price and couldn't pass up it being sold. I mean it is a nice phone and I love the quality of the materials (glass/aluminium). I might just root it and keep the phone. Change the stock launcher and live with it until the Z2 price drops a little.

Would Sony ever consider unlocking the Z1 boot-loader if we complain enough?