[Q] Unable to uninstall 4.1.2 on touchpad

Search This thread

tpham56

Jun 28, 2014
i installed 4.1.2 first time w/ROM GUIDE how to install HP TP the easy way but after used for several days, got error "unfortunately, android kybd stopped".
i followed instruction on this website to uninstall used ACMEUninstaller2(and previous version) but screen displayed hp logo without any lines running up the screen as it supposed to.
i did at least 4-5 times w/same results.
Once i left screen at HP logo till battery drain and TP came back w/ANdroid 4.1.2 still alive but no kybd.
HELP, please!

thank you,
-t

gtallmadge

Apr 16, 2011
Veneta, OR
Sorry for the issues you are having.
I used JCSullins TP Toolbox to do my installs. Do you want to keep web OS or install just Android?

tpham56

Jun 28, 2014
Sorry for the issues you are having.
I used JCSullins TP Toolbox to do my installs. Do you want to keep web OS or install just Android?

i used CM10 Android 4.1.2 10 JB (20131019)cminstall package Download and follow the guide.
i found lots of replies in forum mentioned about after ACMEUinstaller2, run WEBOSDoctor. i did that and it seemed like the app fixed not only WEBOS(?) but also able to uninstalled after that.
But now I'm trying different packages in easy way guide and wasn't able to install any of them: either after reboot hanged at flash screen till battery drained or some conmponents missing(installed same package you mentioned above).

thanks for your response,
-t

gtallmadge

Apr 16, 2011
Veneta, OR
i used CM10 Android 4.1.2 10 JB (20131019)cminstall package Download and follow the guide.
i found lots of replies in forum mentioned about after ACMEUinstaller2, run WEBOSDoctor. i did that and it seemed like the app fixed not only WEBOS(?) but also able to uninstalled after that.
But now I'm trying different packages in easy way guide and wasn't able to install any of them: either after reboot hanged at flash screen till battery drained or some conmponents missing(installed same package you mentioned above).

thanks for your response,
-t

So, do you want to keep web OS? The advantage of using tptoolbox is that you can really start over, clean cache and and do a complete data reset which wipes previous installs of android and web OS.

For what it is worth, this is what I did as I found web OS to be almost unusable for me. I really liked the OS but the lack of support and available apps made it unsuitable for me. So, installing Android has made the TP relevant again for me and my family. We have Android on three TP's and are not looking back. We do have other Android devices but now the TP is once again our favorite and most versatile device. Kudos to all the developers here for giving life back to the TP.
Here is the link to the easiest install guide for using tptoolbox: http://liliputing.com/2014/06/use-touchpad-toolbox-install-android-erase-webos-hp-touchpad.html

Last edited:

tpham56

Jun 28, 2014
this TP belongs to my sister and she prefers to have both OS. While i was trying to install Android to her TP, i did successfully install 4.2.2 to two other TPs.
i think this troublesome TP is unique!
do you have another way to install android while keeping WebOS?

thx,
-t

goog888

Dec 26, 2013
this TP belongs to my sister and she prefers to have both OS. While i was trying to install Android to her TP, i did successfully install 4.2.2 to two other TPs.
i think this troublesome TP is unique!
do you have another way to install android while keeping WebOS?

thx,
-t
I don't want to keep WebOS, because HP touchpad hardware is near the end of life, and WebOS is useless and slow.
I used JCSullins TP Toolbox to help me to install CM11, and currently I stay with the CM11 by JCSullins.
Since CM11 is still under development, I have encountered several CM11 common issues on my HP touchpad, but luckily I found the workarounds for them.
If you don't want to deal with trouble, you should stay with WebOS, CM9 or CM10.

tpham56

Jun 28, 2014
i finally got it to work. i suspected the pkg i downloaded @home missed some bits. i downloaded @work and it worked fine.
i also google checksum app and verified the new pkg.
everything is GREAT!
thank you for all your help.
-t

:)