[Q] Help M7 stuck in fastboot

Search This thread

thintin

Jun 14, 2007
Shropshire
Hi.

I've been trying to follow instructions from several threads about restoring an M7 to un-rooted, relocked, stock O2 ROM.

Things have gone badly from the start and I've tried so many different people's posts about what I should do that I'm completely confused now and need some help getting back on track.

At the moment all I've got is a hboot screen with fastboot working (unable to boot into recovery)

The last thing I did before this all went bed was to use 'fastboot oem relock' (which worked) I've tried 'fastboot oem unlock' but that says '[ERR] Command error !!!'.

I've tried flashing a stock rom.zip extracted from an O2 RUU but it fails with the code 'FAILED (remote: 22 loading zip info fail Please check if you flash part)'.

This is the 'getvar all' result.

C:\flashing\mini-sdk>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ????
(bootloader) imei: ????
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: O2___001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4229mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-1f512bb6
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Hi.

I've been trying to follow instructions from several threads about restoring an M7 to un-rooted, relocked, stock O2 ROM.

Things have gone badly from the start and I've tried so many different people's posts about what I should do that I'm completely confused now and need some help getting back on track.

At the moment all I've got is a hboot screen with fastboot working (unable to boot into recovery)

The last thing I did before this all went bed was to use 'fastboot oem relock' (which worked) I've tried 'fastboot oem unlock' but that says '[ERR] Command error !!!'.

I've tried flashing a stock rom.zip extracted from an O2 RUU but it fails with the code 'FAILED (remote: 22 loading zip info fail Please check if you flash part)'.

(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

remove your imei and serial number from your output above, its dangerous to post them.

according to your hboot which is 1.57 you wont beable to use that ruu, you cant back flash unless you have s-off.

also, only way to unlock your bootloader is at HTC dev again, you cant use a command to do it, so start there.

Reactions: thintin

thintin

Jun 14, 2007
Shropshire
remove your imei and serial number from your output above, its dangerous to post them.

according to your hboot which is 1.57 you wont beable to use that ruu, you cant back flash unless you have s-off.

also, only way to unlock your bootloader is at HTC dev again, you cant use a command to do it, so start there.

Thanks for the tip :) (oops) So is that the first step I need to do, unlock the bootloader again? Just checking before I go ahead. Thanks.

Update...

I went to the HTCDev site to unlock again (I know I'm impatient but I'm running out of time to get this done) but it didn't work. This is what the site reported back:-

We're sorry, but it appears your attempt to unlock the bootloader on this device has failed. This could be caused by several factors including simple errors in the entry of the unlock token, problems with your device, or a lack of manufacturer support for the unlocking process. Please see the specific error code listed below, and try again if necessary.

Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won't work.

I tried again and made sure the entire code was included as well as the start and finish tags but still it failed.

Help .... :-l

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Thanks for the tip :) (oops) So is that the first step I need to do, unlock the bootloader again? Just checking before I go ahead. Thanks.

yes that's the first step, then you need to decide if you want to go s-off and flash that original rom of yours, or go unbranded, or just flash a custom recovery and a custom rom.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

in fact, thinking about it, you will have to go with custom rom and recovery as you need a rom on your phone to go s-off.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Update...

I went to the HTCDev site to unlock again (I know I'm impatient but I'm running out of time to get this done) but it didn't work. This is what the site reported back:-

I tried again and made sure the entire code was included as well as the start and finish tags but still it failed.

Help .... :-l

strange, that's the only way your going to be able to unlock your bootloader, and unfortunately, there's nothing you can do with a relocked bootloader, can you post your token here so I can look over it.

thintin

Jun 14, 2007
Shropshire
yes that's the first step, then you need to decide if you want to go s-off and flash that original rom of yours, or go unbranded, or just flash a custom recovery and a custom rom.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

in fact, thinking about it, you will have to go with custom rom and recovery as you need a rom on your phone to go s-off.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

strange, that's the only way your going to be able to unlock your bootloader, and unfortunately, there's nothing you can do with a relocked bootloader, can you post your token here so I can look over it.

Sure, I appreciate your help with this :)

<<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>
5A5F19A2F517CC2BEA0DDADB1C3924C7
FA7846F59B3E38FC5897B053899BA233
824B607DDBDD9CE31E453E48CBE4EF5C
8ECD29487C09FE311D30DA91386C56C5
FF130E636BA23977B05905925EB17FC6
3EBBCC1BFCB2383B1A7DAFDCBFBE0AA7
8DA65BF8F702E6F44F24743AFA8573EB
AE8D23E995EED6E7CBC5981CEBBAFC66
694176C863DB9858CC535ED2D3EC609C
043196ED2CDF60AC13DEBBB636AA348E
E748366B4CA16747C0593C363D6B98E2
81C2699B2D1D979E7ACAC97D4187788E
85AEA5F27B48A9F8278A0B49D0D3838B
92E2EDFE6B16EEEDE98F322D92294ED0
E43D1945184BBF8A0CB9661B92CB9E38
040AAF8857A0FC1A4C7682ACF8120340
<<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>

I'm s-on BTW in case that makes a difference; never been s-off.

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Sure, I appreciate your help with this :)

I'm s-on BTW in case that makes a difference; never been s-off.

that's very strange, just tried mine and it worked, tried yours and I got the same messages as you, but they are the same length etc.

Is this how you unlocked your bootloader before ? do you still have your original token anywhere ?

thintin

Jun 14, 2007
Shropshire
that's very strange, just tried mine and it worked, tried yours and I got the same messages as you, but they are the same length etc.

Is this how you unlocked your bootloader before ? do you still have your original token anywhere ?

This is how I unlocked it originally. I don't have the token but I do have the email they send afterwards with the bin file attached. Shall I try and use that again?

thintin

Jun 14, 2007
Shropshire
yes defiantly, download the attachment and click the link on the email to continue the instructions.

Okay, that worked! (Phew). I now have an unlocked bootloader again.

So to get from my custom ROM, custom recovery and 'unlocked/tampered' state back to a stock rom/recovery and locked bootloader......what order do I have to do things? I know this is a big ask but I don't want to end up in a muddle again! Thanks.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Okay, that worked! (Phew). I now have an unlocked bootloader again.

So to get from my custom ROM, custom recovery and 'unlocked/tampered' state back to a stock rom/recovery and locked bootloader......what order do I have to do things? I know this is a big ask but I don't want to end up in a muddle again! Thanks.

if you have a working rom on there now then you will have to get s-off to do everything you want to do.

Try firewater first: http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/

if that fails then you will have to use sunshine, but you do have to pay for that: http://theroot.ninja/

out of interest, which rom are you running at the moment ?

thintin

Jun 14, 2007
Shropshire

thintin

Jun 14, 2007
Shropshire
ok good, also could you post a link to the O2 RUU you downloaded earlier

GRRR!

Following firewater instructions...

adb reboot <–important!!!!
this caused loads of text to scroll down the cmd window but the device didn't reboot - not sure if it was supposed to?

adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
did this - cmd said that daemon was not running and started it but then nothing...no command prompt, phone doing nothing...eventually I closed the window. Now ADB wont recongnise the phone!

???

The stock O2 RUU was from HTC1guru.com (I think) I had to dig around quite a lot to find it. If I find the address I'll post it here.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
GRRR!

this caused loads of text to scroll down the cmd window but the device didn't reboot - not sure if it was supposed to?

did this - cmd said that daemon was not running and started it but then nothing...no command prompt, phone doing nothing...eventually I closed the window. Now ADB wont recongnise the phone!

???

The stock O2 RUU was from HTC1guru.com (I think) I had to dig around quite a lot to find it. If I find the address I'll post it here.

try this version of adb and fastboot instead, sounds like its out of date and also check your device manager, make sure it says MyHTC when your phone is plugged in: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
GRRR!

It looks like you typed adb reboot <–important!!!! the <-important!!! should not have been typed. It is just a comment. You will notice on the firewater page it is bold where the rest of the type is not.

Reactions: thintin

thintin

Jun 14, 2007
Shropshire
It looks like you typed adb reboot <–important!!!! the <-important!!! should not have been typed. It is just a comment. You will notice on the firewater page it is bold where the rest of the type is not.

Don't worry, I didn't type the important! bit :)

I'm not sure how much more time I want to spend trying to reset this device, maybe I'll just return it to O2 as it is and see if they even care that it's been unlocked!

I'll try the link you suggested and report back :tired:

thintin

Jun 14, 2007
Shropshire
Hi.

I think my guardian angel must have had a hand in this because I was only trying to reset the phone to return it due to the microphone not working. After all of these failed attempts I factory reset the current rom and bingo! Microphone working again and no need to return to O2 :)

But thanks for all of the help you offered, I would have a lot less hair and more wrinkles without you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

(bootloader) serialno:
    (bootloader) imei:

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

GRRR!