vdm client has stopped unexpectedly

Search This thread

logikzzz

Dec 1, 2013
Getting error VDm client has stopped unexpectedly every time phone starts. There are no other symptoms of a problem. LTE seems limited thats about it.

I have flashed ROM after full wipe a few times, this happened after flashing the RUU mentioned in this forum.

imakul8

May 25, 2010
New Orleans, LA.
Yes, I'm getting that same error. Also, Sprint Id has stopped error. I thought it was something that was being erased to cause the error(s) as I was using RomCleaner. I went back to stock, did a factory data reset and still get the error. It does seem to affect data. One thing is for certain I can not send text messages while on LTE..fails everytime..must use cmda only. And another thing battery seems to drain erractically at times.

logikzzz

Dec 1, 2013
Yes, I'm getting that same error. Also, Sprint Id has stopped error. I thought it was something that was being erased to cause the error(s) as I was using RomCleaner. I went back to stock, did a factory data reset and still get the error. It does seem to affect data. One thing is for certain I can not send text messages while on LTE..fails everytime..must use cmda only. And another thing battery seems to drain erractically at times.

I switched from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only mode. Service is pretty good now, Sprint's LTE coverage map in my area is pretty bad anyways. From what I have discovered we must wait for an updated RUU to get this error fixed. Did you flash an RUU at all?

imakul8

May 25, 2010
New Orleans, LA.
I switched from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only mode. Service is pretty good now, Sprint's LTE coverage map in my area is pretty bad anyways. From what I have discovered we must wait for an updated RUU to get this error fixed. Did you flash an RUU at all?

No, I didn't flash a RUU. Currently on ViperMax. Tried MilesOne and SkyDragon. Same problem on all.

alucke

Oct 25, 2010
Nubia Red Magic 7 Pro
VDM Client has stopped unexpectedly

I flashed the Sprint 1.16.651.4 RUU and I still get the "VDM Client has stopped unexpectedly". Is there anyway to fix that?

alucke

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Getting error VDm client has stopped unexpectedly every time phone starts. There are no other symptoms of a problem. LTE seems limited thats about it.

I have flashed ROM after full wipe a few times, this happened after flashing the RUU mentioned in this forum.
I flashed the Sprint 1.16.651.4 RUU and I still get the "VDM Client has stopped unexpectedly". Is there anyway to fix that?

alucke
Just caught in another forum that network unlocking your sprint Max (taken from directions for sprint One) causes that error. Replacing the original apk after unlocking fixes it. For those that flashed the ruu mayb replacing that apk will help also.

Reactions: imakul8

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
That .apk did not fix it

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Did you search at all on what I recommended? I do not have sprint so did not accomplish the unlock. There are possibly other steps besides just adding back the apk. Was just trying to pass on a nugget of info that could get someone fixed (if they do some legwork on their own).

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Dont know what to tell you. I will ping the person I got that info from before to see if he can track down his source exactly.

watters33

Jan 6, 2011
Tucson
Samsung Galaxy S20
I have the sprint one max that is s-off and sim unlocked using at&t strait talk sim card and was getting that error on phone start up , used root explorer to extract HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk from stock rooted rom and replaced edited one used for sim unlock and haven't seen the vdm has stopped message since however MMS is not working on my phone but talk text and data with higher 4g speeds than i got on my htc sensation with a t-mobile sim from strait talk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

alucke
    Just caught in another forum that network unlocking your sprint Max (taken from directions for sprint One) causes that error. Replacing the original apk after unlocking fixes it. For those that flashed the ruu mayb replacing that apk will help also.