[Q] stock + towelroot + xposed... what about ota updates ?

Search This thread

berre

Jul 3, 2007
Aalst
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, search didn't answer the question for my specific case....

I have an S5 G900F currently still on 4.4.2, I have rooted using towelroot following link below
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/general/tut-root-tripping-knox-t2803951

I installed also xposed framework and a bunch of modules to get rid of those pesky popups samsung implemented.

I would like to check for and install new ota updates, question is what will happen with the setup above?

Will it work, will I lose root, will I lose all xposed modules and settings, will it brick my phone, ...

Thanks!

B

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Seems that everyone says that they have searched although we know that most people really didn't. Glad you tried searching, although it's difficult to understand how you didn't trip over numerous threads where your exact questions have been asked and answered before.

Anyway, most updates will remove root and may mess up a lot of apps that require root. It's best to apply updates manually with Odin, rather than accept them OTA. If you insist on automatic updates, then you should buy an app like mobile odin pro or super su pro that will try to regain root after an update is applied.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, search didn't answer the question for my specific case....

I have an S5 G900F currently still on 4.4.2, I have rooted using towelroot following link below
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/general/tut-root-tripping-knox-t2803951

I installed also xposed framework and a bunch of modules to get rid of those pesky popups samsung implemented.

I would like to check for and install new ota updates, question is what will happen with the setup above?

Will it work, will I lose root, will I lose all xposed modules and settings, will it brick my phone, ...

Thanks!

B

Had a lot of problems with xposed and it's modules messing with some samsung apps, for example s-health went mental, wouldn't open and slowed the phone down to a crawl, as I own the gear fit it wasn't good for me to keep it on, had to roll back, personally I don't think theres a huge difference between the two firmwares, i'd say if you're happy then keep your phone the way it is. At least until 4.4.4. is releaed.