Force Roaming on M8

Search This thread

aprwx

Jan 30, 2011
Minneapolis
I have a Sprint HTC One M8. I used to use 'Roam Ctl' to force into roaming when inside a building like Target where the signal may be weak, but stronger if you roamed.

I installed it on the new M8 and it doesn't roam. I'm wondering if this is due to the new Tri-Band Spark frequencies and how this phone doesn't support simultaneous voice & data.

Any ideas? Is this a problem with the way this phone is different, or simply an application bug?

uh60james

Sep 29, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I have a Sprint HTC One M8. I used to use 'Roam Ctl' to force into roaming when inside a building like Target where the signal may be weak, but stronger if you roamed.

I installed it on the new M8 and it doesn't roam. I'm wondering if this is due to the new Tri-Band Spark frequencies and how this phone doesn't support simultaneous voice & data.

Any ideas? Is this a problem with the way this phone is different, or simply an application bug?

See here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2717326

Reactions: aprwx

aprwx

Jan 30, 2011
Minneapolis
This actually didn't work for me. I can enter the code in the dialer to get in to change the PRL, but there are no menu items showing up that let me select roam only. Oh well, it was worth a try. I'm using VenomOneM8 ROM which is probably why it isn't working on my M8.

aprwx

Jan 30, 2011
Minneapolis
Yeah it's not showing up for me there.

Under Settings --> Mobile Data I have:
4G Settings
Network Mode
Automatic Connections
then two greyed out options: Access point names & Available GSM networks

I am pretty sure the flash worked properly because if I dial ##3282# as stated in the original thread by another ViperOne user it says "Bad Boyz EPST", and I'm not running anything Bad Boyz.

So I think it's a conflict between running a Bad Boyz Mod on a ViperOne ROM.

Downtown taco

Sep 3, 2012
Yeah it's not showing up for me there.

Under Settings --> Mobile Data I have:
4G Settings
Network Mode
Automatic Connections
then two greyed out options: Access point names & Available GSM networks

I am pretty sure the flash worked properly because if I dial ##3282# as stated in the original thread by another ViperOne user it says "Bad Boyz EPST", and I'm not running anything Bad Boyz.

So I think it's a conflict between running a Bad Boyz Mod on a ViperOne ROM.

Same issue on stock as well. No roaming options where others would see it. Also my M8 can't roam for some odd reason. Keep in mind I'm 100% stock.

Sent from some box in the Bahamas, or Mexico, or wherever that guy with the eye patch took me.

aprwx

Jan 30, 2011
Minneapolis
And you tried this mod too? Otherwise it probably isn't a feature in stock. Thus the need for the mod.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

See here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2717326