Ruggedized battery cover

Search This thread

_Dennis_

Ok so I was asked to update this post. Some of the information found throughout the thread is below:

The battery cover can be found at: cnn.cn
(thank you NoNameAtAll from this post)
The cnn.cn part is just the case, no retail packaging (ie. no media dock adapter.)

jjwatmyself in post says that you remove the insert in the car dock and it will fit the atrix with the battery cover.

digital.aaron in post has some pictures with the cover on the phone.

jjwatmyself has some pictures here.

digital.aaron says in this post: it's very different from Otterbox's rubber. It hasn't picked up any fuzz from my pocket, and I've got on fleece sweatpants. Used to be a nightmare for my 'Box'd iPhone.

Some problems people were are having, the sides are flimsy (you get used to this) and the different colors seem to have different textures.

=============OLD POST===========================
I bought the atrix from AT&T and I ordered a ruggedized battery cover from some website for $30 w/ shipping. My question is as I have neither yet, does anyone have the cover and is it good? Does it feel like it will protect the phone a bit and help hold the phone in the hand?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

goscrewsir

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
I'd be interested in this too. Asked a while back and it seemed no one has tried them, because there were no responses. I don't want to spend $30 on one if it feels cheap or doesn't fit right

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

_Dennis_

I'd be interested in this too. Asked a while back and it seemed no one has tried them, because there were no responses. I don't want to spend $30 on one if it feels cheap or doesn't fit right

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Well, if no one else has tried I already ordered it so when I get both phone and cover in I will update this thread. It might be a while as I am stationed in Japan so my mom will be sending me the phone Tuesday or Wednesday and it may take a week or two to get here.

phaijai

Feb 13, 2006
I've been looking at one of these batter covers but several sites that I have checked show an estimated ship date or out of stock. Have you received a shipping confirmation for the battery cover yet?

a320ca

Mar 17, 2011
These are rubberized battery covers and thus replace the stock plastic cover. They are from Motorola and are rumored to be out about April 15th. This is why several places show "out of stock", because they aren't out yet.

Reactions: tech_girl

_Dennis_

I have not recieved a shipping confermation, but the store was not showing them as out of stock r estimated shipping date. Now that a320ca said they are nto supposed to be out until the 15th I am worried that the store is a sham because it never told me that.

phaijai

Feb 13, 2006
FYI, I just called them and they said they are out of stock of the Blue one. She asked if I wanted her to check stock on the Green one but I already knew what the answer would be. Store doesn't appear to be a sham but then again, you might want to look into your order if are expecting it sooner than later.

digital.aaron

Mar 15, 2011
I've also ordered one, from 123cellsupply.com.

I don't have a shipping confirmation yet, either. I've put in several emails to find out the status, but no response yet.

GoodFoot

Mar 30, 2011
Does the ruggedized battery cover wrap around the front at all, to provide a small protective lip around the screen?

Has anyone actually seen one of these in person?

bimmerboii

Feb 20, 2010
These are in stock in my local bell store for 29.95. I might consider getting one of these

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

maledyris

Mar 25, 2011
Burnaby
These are in stock in my local bell store for 29.95. I might consider getting one of these

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Really? Where's your local Bell? In the GVA by any chance? I ordered one from Bell online, because it didn't seem like there were any in stock in the Bell stores here in Vancouver... Admittedly, I didn't try very hard to find them.
But my order is still pending, turns out they're out of stock online...

D

Deleted member 2488575

Can someone show me a link?

I have googled and not found nothing related to what I think you guys are talking about.

elementaldragon

Feb 21, 2011
They do look nice.... but to be honest, if it's actually silicon.... i dunno if i'd want it. That's basically my issue with the Otterbox cases. That outside cover attracts dust from alternate dimensions of your pocket. I can't imagine what the rugged battery cover might look like if it's the same material.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ordered on 4/26 at around 12 ~ 1pm. It was the morning of the 27th in China. My invoice is dated the 27th. I chose the mid tier FedEx shipping, adding $19 to the total, I think. I live in the pacific northwest, so it probably just got flown straight in. There's a pretty big FedEx complex near here. :D

Anyway, it got delivered this morning around 8am. That's some serious turnaround time. I'm very impressed.
    As for the case, it's nice. It's not silicone-y. It's smooth rubber. Good grip without sticking to you.It adds a tiny bit of bulk, but not much. It fits nicely in the car dock once the thin insert is removed. It fully covers the sides, and provides the slightest extra lip to the front face. It interfere at all with the fingerprint scanner. It fully covers the volume buttons, and has cutouts for the headphone jack and usb/hdmi ports. The latter is where my only gripe comes. This section is very flimsy and doesn't hold against the phone as tight as the rest of the case. This is a minor annoyance at best, though.

Here's what you came for:

wakvIl.jpg

fOLral.jpg

EO6i1l.jpg

XlAqFl.jpg

oRB9rl.jpg
    Ok so I was asked to update this post. Some of the information found throughout the thread is below:

The battery cover can be found at: cnn.cn
    (thank you NoNameAtAll from this post)
    The cnn.cn part is just the case, no retail packaging (ie. no media dock adapter.)

jjwatmyself in post says that you remove the insert in the car dock and it will fit the atrix with the battery cover.

digital.aaron in post has some pictures with the cover on the phone.

jjwatmyself has some pictures here.

digital.aaron says in this post: it's very different from Otterbox's rubber. It hasn't picked up any fuzz from my pocket, and I've got on fleece sweatpants. Used to be a nightmare for my 'Box'd iPhone.

Some problems people were are having, the sides are flimsy (you get used to this) and the different colors seem to have different textures.

=============OLD POST===========================
    I bought the atrix from AT&T and I ordered a ruggedized battery cover from some website for $30 w/ shipping. My question is as I have neither yet, does anyone have the cover and is it good? Does it feel like it will protect the phone a bit and help hold the phone in the hand?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Anyone in the UK got one of these for sale (pref blue) or know where i can get hold of one?

Just replaced my digitizer and dont want to have to do that again!

Thanks
    I have one here, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1476157&highlight=atrix+4g+with+docks , scroll to the bottom.
    I could ship it to UK. PM me and we'll talk.
    Got my adapter plate today also....

Don't drink all your beer at one time jjwatmyself.........

:D :DHey, I just got bought my first real beer on XDA!!! Woo hoo! :D :D

flexpackman is in the house!!