Update question

Search This thread

tammyjustin

Feb 16, 2010
So I'm s-off wire trick, jbear hboot 1.5 I believe?, I'm wondering should I update to the lates radios firmware hboot etc....or am I already not sure, what are the benefits? I'm seeing a lot of roms requiring updated stuff
Thanks you guys are great
I just read something about jbear 1.58? Mine says jbear1.5 I thought after the wire trick it flashed 1.58 or is there in updated one

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348166044855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348166044855.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 58
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348166060211.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348166060211.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I personally am running the latest firmware and radios since as you said, many roms are calling for them. I used the one from Freeza without the hboot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26563118

I would also downgrade to hboot1.4 since all ROMs boot on it except for those running the newest stock kernel (which most aren't by default).

Imagika FTW... with Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tammyjustin

tammyjustin

Feb 16, 2010
As far as the hboot do u have a link as well? And I just rename it put on ad card and get to bootloader?

coal686

Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ramjet posted them all here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30014044

The rest of the thread has good info about the different hboot versions that mpgrimm wrote, so you may want to red it.

Oh, and yes, rename to PG86IMG.zip, and boot into bootloader. This holds for both the hboot and freeza's firmware zip.

tammyjustin

Feb 16, 2010
Thanks just one more thing, flashing a new hboot won't turn my s-off to on will it?
I just want to be safe I don't want s-off or have to unlock again

Last edited:

coal686

Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks just one more thing, flashing a new hboot won't turn my s-off to on will it?

You will keep s-off. The bootloader may say Locked, but that's irrelevant since still being s-off is what's important. You don't need to unlock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I personally am running the latest firmware and radios since as you said, many roms are calling for them. I used the one from Freeza without the hboot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26563118

I would also downgrade to hboot1.4 since all ROMs boot on it except for those running the newest stock kernel (which most aren't by default).

Ramjet posted them all here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30014044

The rest of the thread has good info about the different hboot versions that mpgrimm wrote, so you may want to red it.

Oh, and yes, rename to PG86IMG.zip, and boot into bootloader. This holds for both the hboot and freeza's firmware zip.

You will keep s-off. The bootloader may say Locked, but that's irrelevant since still being s-off is what's important. You don't need to unlock.