[Q] Accidentally deleted my kindle fire OS

Search This thread

june726

Jan 26, 2014
Hi, i accidentally deleted everything, including my OS while trying to restore my kindle to its original state. Your help would be appreciated!

-its stuck in the KF logo (white and orange, meaning original bootloader)
-I cannot access TWRP
-when i try to use KFU, it says ADB status: online ; boot status : unknown
-when i try to install TWRP via KFU, it gets stuck in " waiting for device" ( i guess i cant go into fastboot mode)
-i'm not accessible to a factory cable because im not from the us

Help me please

Thank you!

Phil700

Jan 27, 2014
Richmond
I did something very similar.

Hi, i accidentally deleted everything, including my OS while trying to restore my kindle to its original state. Your help would be appreciated!

-I cannot access TWRP
-when i try to install TWRP via KFU, it gets stuck in " waiting for device" ( i guess i cant go into fastboot mode)

Help me please

Thank you!

I am having a similar issue like yours. Yesterday I tried downloading Jellybean onto my Kindle. I did all of the precautions, TWRP, KFU, etc.
And right as I thought I was done, boom, I get stuck in an infinite re boot. Every time it finally boots up it says android.process.phone for not even a full second and immediately reboots. I am not the smartest, but if someone could walk us through a way to restore our kindles or fix the problem. I would be most gracious! I am not sure what the ADB is as well. Is that what I am missing?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA

-I cannot access TWRP

Help me please

Thank you!

Have you guys checked this out???

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1428428

june726

Jan 26, 2014
Controverly areadvia

OK well go get this for your PC make sure you get the one for your os....make sure you get the zip not the exe.... It will be like a 400 to 500 meg

I downloaded the sdk and i can now use adb. But, my problem now is that i cannot copy the fbmode to my kindle via adb. When i push it to a location, it says that my kindle is read only. So without the fbmode, i cannot boot into fastboot, cannot install fff and twrp and no os again. :( what should i do now?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I downloaded the sdk and i can now use adb. But, my problem now is that i cannot copy the fbmode to my kindle via adb. When i push it to a location, it says that my kindle is read only. So without the fbmode, i cannot boot into fastboot, cannot install fff and twrp and no os again. :( what should i do now?

Ok.. Well than lets see here.....When can you use adb??? I need as much info as possible... What file are you moving..... Where are you trying to move it to... Copy and paste your commands and outputs this will make it much easier for me and anyone else that would like to help....Thx lj

Last edited:

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
I am having a similar issue like yours. Yesterday I tried downloading Jellybean onto my Kindle. I did all of the precautions, TWRP, KFU, etc.
And right as I thought I was done, boom, I get stuck in an infinite re boot. Every time it finally boots up it says android.process.phone for not even a full second and immediately reboots. I am not the smartest, but if someone could walk us through a way to restore our kindles or fix the problem. I would be most gracious! I am not sure what the ADB is as well. Is that what I am missing?

Well your problem is nowhere near the same as June's, but I'll go ahead and try to help your anyway. I've had this happen to me once or twice. My suggestion is to redownload your rom and gapps, and then try flagging them again. Hopefully that should work. There is an option in TWRP to mount your kindle on your computer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Phil700

Jan 27, 2014
Richmond
So far.

Guys, sorry I might not have explained the issue in enough detail. Although the information is full of things that are helpful. It didn't quite help me.

Sorry about having to deal with a compete noob here...

---I'll list my issues to isolate confusion.---

-I cannot boot ADB, I click on it, a cmd window pops up and then immediately closes each time I proceed to open it. for a start, if someone could perhaps tell me what I am doing wrong, because I know I must not be doing what all of you pros are doing.

-Although I had TWRP installed on both my pc and kindle. Whenever I boot up my kindle, I do not get the blue and gray "Kindle Fire" logo before the Orange and White logo. So that for me was very frustrating.

-The Kindle Fire Utility is not detecting my device at all. Which is worrying me to death, the Kindle Fire Unbrick utlity is not working either which is killing me inside.

-For a detailed description of what my kindle fire does when I press the power button goes as so: I press the power button, the orange and white Kindle Fire logo pops up for a few seconds like normal, then it proceeds to boot or "Attenpt" to boot the Jellybean OS, after waiting 5 minutes, the OS lock screen pops up with "android.phone.com" or "phone.android.com" pops up, for a second, then it proceeds to fully rebooting the OS for another 5 minutes. It does it indefinitely.

So does this mean my kindle is officially done for? Bricked? Or is there still hope for me. This is really depressing, I spent most of my money on this, money is tight for me right now ant I use my kindle for school and research. It is a vital tool to me. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks for all of the help so far. You guys really know what you are doing, thanks!

Happyy

Jul 20, 2014
System deleted Need Help !!!! Please

Recently I tried to install android in my Kindle Fire HDX 7 and I install a thing called FireFireFire I think to my kindle then It messed up everything, so I don't know what to do and I wiped all my data and even the Option called SYSTEM. after that I reboot my Kindle and all I have is KINDLE FIRE on the screen that's it. I can't use my Kindle at all ,and the computer won't let me install the driver all it told me is MTP USB device.and I tired to use all kind of tool to fix my kindle and CMD told me Can't Find Device. I m really not good at android so I really need someone help me !!!

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
Recently I tried to install android in my Kindle Fire HDX 7 and I install a thing called FireFireFire I think to my kindle then It messed up everything, so I don't know what to do and I wiped all my data and even the Option called SYSTEM. after that I reboot my Kindle and all I have is KINDLE FIRE on the screen that's it. I can't use my Kindle at all ,and the computer won't let me install the driver all it told me is MTP USB device.and I tired to use all kind of tool to fix my kindle and CMD told me Can't Find Device. I m really not good at android so I really need someone help me !!!
Nothing here works for the HDX result=permabrick. All support for HDX is here http://xdaforums.com/kindle-fire-hdx .

Reactions: sd_shadow

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
Guys, sorry I might not have explained the issue in enough detail. Although the information is full of things that are helpful. It didn't quite help me.

Sorry about having to deal with a compete noob here...

---I'll list my issues to isolate confusion.---

-I cannot boot ADB, I click on it, a cmd window pops up and then immediately closes each time I proceed to open it. for a start, if someone could perhaps tell me what I am doing wrong, because I know I must not be doing what all of you pros are doing.

-Although I had TWRP installed on both my pc and kindle. Whenever I boot up my kindle, I do not get the blue and gray "Kindle Fire" logo before the Orange and White logo. So that for me was very frustrating.

-The Kindle Fire Utility is not detecting my device at all. Which is worrying me to death, the Kindle Fire Unbrick utlity is not working either which is killing me inside.

-For a detailed description of what my kindle fire does when I press the power button goes as so: I press the power button, the orange and white Kindle Fire logo pops up for a few seconds like normal, then it proceeds to boot or "Attenpt" to boot the Jellybean OS, after waiting 5 minutes, the OS lock screen pops up with "android.phone.com" or "phone.android.com" pops up, for a second, then it proceeds to fully rebooting the OS for another 5 minutes. It does it indefinitely.

So does this mean my kindle is officially done for? Bricked? Or is there still hope for me. This is really depressing, I spent most of my money on this, money is tight for me right now ant I use my kindle for school and research. It is a vital tool to me. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks for all of the help so far. You guys really know what you are doing, thanks!

Hey Phil. Doesn't look like you've posted anything else, so you probably won't see this. But oh well... Sorry your problem got left in the dust. I didn't mean for that to happen. You need to shift + right click in the folder with adb.exe and click "open command window here" and then you can do your things. As far as everything else: does your computer do anything when you plug your kindle into it?

Aug 28, 2013
I accidentally did this once (at least I think it's the same) and what I did was I went into ADB and side loaded a custom ROM I used CM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nothing here works for the HDX result=permabrick. All support for HDX is here http://xdaforums.com/kindle-fire-hdx .