Please help me?

Search This thread

molesaied88

Dec 24, 2007
I bought a used HTC s630 from ebay. The guy said that it would freeze at the loading screen. When i got it i did a hard reset using the 2 softkeys and power button. Worked for a while, then when i went to use it again and turned it on it goes to the homescreen but i cant do anything. When i press any keys the keyboard lights up but thats all.when i plug in the charger the battery icon on the screen shows that its charging but thats the only change. Im thinking that if i flash the shipped rom again itll fix it, but i cant seem to find it anywhere? any ideas please????

big ach

Sep 14, 2006
Florida!
try upgrading the rom? Maybe that would help?

If you go to xda Wiki there is a Dopod C730 rom there.

Also, Curzz has cooked a bunch of awesome WM6.1 roms, you can try loading that.

molesaied88

Dec 24, 2007
to do that i need to do the hard spl so i can load diff roms other than htc's, and to do that i need to app unlock[ it which requires it to be connected through active sync. i tried loading others but i get error codes like 290 which is incalid vendor id. the only solution that i can see right now is to flash the shipped rom though the bootloader. does anyone have the shipped htc WM6 rom?

big ach

Sep 14, 2006
Florida!
I have an original HTC S630 (Branded HTC) with original WM 6 rom, but I dunno how to copy my rom on to the computer, if you can tell me how to do it, I'll be happy to do it for you

molesaied88

Dec 24, 2007
OMG thank you so much. AND YOUR EGYPTION!! Salam Alakum, Im egyption as well. I will look in to see how to dump a rom. If anyone else knows the help would be appreciated.

big ach

Sep 14, 2006
Florida!
I have tried that procedure before and it did not work.

Have you tried going to the agent in Cairo, JoviTronics? You could ask them to re-install the rom again.

Did you buy your phone from Vodafone?

molesaied88

Dec 24, 2007
I actually live in america. I bought the phone used from ebay. I just called htc and they say its still under warranty, but i want to try and fix it myself before sending to them. maybe cruzz has a copy of the rom?

cruzzmz

May 4, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
what error did u get when u tried extracting the rom?
did u get this

D:\_ROM>pdocread.exe -l

Copying D:\_ROM\itsutils.dll to WCE:\windows\itsutils.dll
Could not update itsutils.dll to the current version, maybe it is inuse?
try restarting your device, or restart ActiveSync

pls make sure that u have unlock ur dev

modify this registry key, and then softreset using power button:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies
valuename '00001001' was set to dword:2, change it to dword:1

dword: any thing other than 1 disallows unsigned
dword: 1 allows unsigned

then follow the instruction of the Wiki

molesaied88

Dec 24, 2007
thing is i cant do hardspl without app unlock which needs activesync. thats why im tryin to find the htc shipped rom

molesaied88

Dec 24, 2007
so it turns out that the phone i bought off of ebay for 30 dollars was broken, but lucky me it was still under warranty. i sent it to htc for repair and they replaced the entire board for me free!! waiting for it to be delivered, then ill pull the htc wm6.0 rom off of it for u guys.

cruzzmz

May 4, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
so it turns out that the phone i bought off of ebay for 30 dollars was broken, but lucky me it was still under warranty. i sent it to htc for repair and they replaced the entire board for me free!! waiting for it to be delivered, then ill pull the htc wm6.0 rom off of it for u guys.

glad to hear that ur prob shall be fix ... good for u then
:)