[Q] Android 1.0 Driver for Windows 8

Search This thread

steviecvr

Nov 14, 2010
Belfast
Hi, I am looking to root my HTC One because I have backups which need restored from Titanium Backup.

I am quite familiar with the android rooting process; however, when I go to enter the command "fastboot oem get_identifier token"

I am met with the command "waiting for device".

In my device center I see there is a driver "Android 1.0" that hasn't installed properly. When I uninstall it and try again by connecting my HTC One while in fastboot recovery, it does not install correctly.

I am running Windows 8 and have been searching this forum from yesterday for an answer.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated in advance!

Thank you.

biohaz55

Feb 9, 2010
Buxton
Hi, I am looking to root my HTC One because I have backups which need restored from Titanium Backup.

I am quite familiar with the android rooting process; however, when I go to enter the command "fastboot oem get_identifier token"

I am met with the command "waiting for device".

In my device center I see there is a driver "Android 1.0" that hasn't installed properly. When I uninstall it and try again by connecting my HTC One while in fastboot recovery, it does not install correctly.

I am running Windows 8 and have been searching this forum from yesterday for an answer.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated in advance!

Thank you.

Sorry to say this but keep searching :(
Somewhere in the one forums, possibly the dev forum, there is information on getting the drivers to work with Windows 8 as this seems to be a fairly general problem particularly with the 64 bit OS.
I can't tell you where as it's a while since I viewed that thread and can't remember but it is there somewhere.
Good luck!

steviecvr

Nov 14, 2010
Belfast
Sorry to say this but keep searching :(
Somewhere in the one forums, possibly the dev forum, there is information on getting the drivers to work with Windows 8 as this seems to be a fairly general problem particularly with the 64 bit OS.
I can't tell you where as it's a while since I viewed that thread and can't remember but it is there somewhere.
Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I'll keep looking, it's such a pain! If there was a way to restore Titanium backup files I would be fine, I only need to restore 3 apps :(