[Q]Connecting WiFi in a school network?

Search This thread

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
My college has it's own wifi broadcasting throughout the campus. Before you can access the web though you are prompted (usually) to sign in when you first open the browser.

It seems the Android browser won't go to that page resulting me in a no network connection when I go on my browser..

Is there anyway I can get around that?

johnnydeathmatch

Aug 24, 2010
Boise, ID
Could you use a computer's browser to find the url of the page and enter it into the android browser? Aside from that, I think that the only other way would be to sign in on another device and then clone its mac address.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
lol I actually tried that! it didn't load :(.. worked for my laptop before though..which made me sad when it didn't work.

I'm home now so I'll try installing Dolphin to try and see if Dolphin will pick up the login screen :x

tytdfn

Jul 29, 2010
New York
Did you try using other browsers like dolphin and opera. I know that when I'm at a hotel or a mall i have to put in any address first(like google.com) and then i get redirected to the said page.
If I were you I would try to contact the IT department. I'm sure they could fix it within a day or two considering its a college and that android is such an ez platform to develop in

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
yea.. i wasn't able to download Dolphin at school because my primary building has some AWFUL reception. lol I'll try again tomorrow.

hkk

Oct 30, 2007
My college has it's own wifi broadcasting throughout the campus. Before you can access the web though you are prompted (usually) to sign in when you first open the browser.

It seems the Android browser won't go to that page resulting me in a no network connection when I go on my browser..

Is there anyway I can get around that?

I connect to hotel wifi all the time, where they also redirect you to a login page before you can go anywhere else. But, the redirection happens automatically when you open the browser and try to go to any site. And, I am using the stock browser.

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
There may be an alternate way to set up your connection... Does your school provide any instructions on connecting to the wireless via linux? (because i used those instructions to connect to my uni wireless).