UK Transformer Prime PRE-ORDER LINKS AND ORDER TRACKING **UK ONLY**

Search This thread

silverwings2008

May 30, 2009
Birmingham
I thought it was about time we had a thread for UK release dates and pre orders, both rumours and anything confirmed.

I endeavour to keep this first post up to date with any info contained within the thread, so you should in theory be able to look at the first post rather than go through the whole thread.

UPDATES

TOPCASHBACK LINK: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/1262620201

If you like topcashback, why don't you recommend it to your own friends. Im grateful to those that have used my link, by doing so we both get a bit of a discount on our new technology. Thank you.

COMET:

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Tablets/buy-ASUS-TF201-1B002A-Tablet/786578

Don't forget to use Topcashback (link above sellers list) for discount. Cashback varies but normally between 1 and 5%

EBUYER:

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=asus+tf201+prime&x=0&y=0

Don't forget to use Topcashback (link above sellers list) for discount. Cashback varies but normally between 1 and 5%

CURRYS:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/r/asus prime/0_0_0/

CARPHONE WAREHOUSE:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/ipad-and-tablets/asus-transformer-prime

PC World:

Grey - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-...h-docking-station-32gb-grey-11866822-pdt.html
Gold - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-...h-docking-station-32gb-gold-11866793-pdt.html

AMAZON UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...eywords=Asus+EeePad+Transformer+TF201&x=0&y=0

Looks like pre-orders will be available from Amazon, Argos, Asda, Comet, John Lewis, PC World and Tesco soon according to this article (ASUS linked to it from their facebook page so some credibility):

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/12/16/asus_pushes_eee_pad_transformer_prime_tablet_advance_orders/

UPDATE FROM ASUS:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2658047329319

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Last edited:

kristovaher

Jul 29, 2010
Tallinn
www.waher.net
Majority of places - and all places today, now that Asus announced US release dates - say that it will not arrive in Europe before 2012.

When it comes to the United Kingdom and the rest of Europe, it appears we will not be able to play with the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime before Christmas, as the device will not release in Europe until sometime in January 2012.

source

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Majority of places - and all places today, now that Asus announced US release dates - say that it will not arrive in Europe before 2012.

source

That's not quite true.
All these blogs use the same source, which was obviously wrong.
The source said, the Prime would be released in the US on december 8. Which is wrong too.
So the other information may be wrong too.
Still hoping for a this years release in germany...:(

js931

Jul 14, 2010
i dont know about asus, but samsung releases are often earlier in europe than in the US! still hoping ..... :)

kristovaher

Jul 29, 2010
Tallinn
www.waher.net
That's not quite true.
All these blogs use the same source, which was obviously wrong.
The source said, the Prime would be released in the US on december 8. Which is wrong too.
So the other information may be wrong too.
Still hoping for a this years release in germany...:(

Incorrect, Asus spokesperson stated that it will be released early January in Europe. 1st of December was the announcement of US release dates by the very same person, where the 12 and 19 december came (online and retail dates). Web is all over it.

January being the release date in Europe is currently most accurate out of all estimations. That might change, but for now that is the most accurate one.

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Incorrect, Asus spokesperson stated that it will be released early January in Europe. 1st of December was the announcement of US release dates by the very same person, where the 12 and 19 december came (online and retail dates). Web is all over it.

January being the release date in Europe is currently most accurate out of all estimations. That might change, but for now that is the most accurate one.

Nobody knows that "spokesman", the only correct thing he said was the dec 1 for taiwan.
And ALL the internet has it from ONE source. So there's no real need to believe that.

DarsVaeda

Nov 24, 2008
Tokyo
Nobody knows that "spokesman", the only correct thing he said was the dec 1 for taiwan.
And ALL the internet has it from ONE source. So there's no real need to believe that.

Sign that!
But this proves how stupid ASUS is in that case. Cause currently this news spreads all over.
Meaning people get upset and maybe cancel their preorders / buying other tablets.
So I can't understand why they don't say anything att all! At least something like: sorry we really don't know yet.
All Asus Germany says all the time is: we can not give a statement.

rwniel

Mar 1, 2011
Asus on their UK facebook page as still officially saying early January 2012 for the Prime. They seem well aware of how desirable it would be to get it out before Christmas ideally though. Also, the only model confirmed is the 32GB version with the bundled keyboard dock for £499.

Robert

B

bd85

Asus on their UK facebook page as still officially saying early January 2012 for the Prime. They seem well aware of how desirable it would be to get it out before Christmas ideally though. Also, the only model confirmed is the 32GB version with the bundled keyboard dock for £499.

Robert

Same as in Sweden. Early January 2012. And only the Champagne 32gb+keyboard package. They will eventually release more versions when they can meet the demands. But for starter they focus on the China and USA market and ships all tablets there.

And once again Europe is left outside and have to wait :/

And that's is from Asus Sverige

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

silverwings2008

May 30, 2009
Birmingham
I spoke to Asus UK today and they are still saying 16/12/11. It would be nice to have an official release date announced rather than a phonecall or email giving me a release date.

Reactions: trekkie1701

trekkie1701

Sep 3, 2008
Chicago
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I spoke to Asus UK today and they are still saying 16/12/11. It would be nice to have an official release date announced rather than a phonecall or email giving me a release date.

I wish! Just don't see it coming out so soon - gut feeling nothing else. Anyhows, I've subscribed to the thread so I can pre-order asap.

lancer3397

Nov 12, 2011
Leeds
Asus UK emailed me and told me it would not be released in the UK until January 2012.

Clove, Expansys and Amazon UK have all declined to comment on when they are expecting to have it available for pre-order. These emails were all received yesterday.

silverwings2008

May 30, 2009
Birmingham
Zoro25 - I do actually have an email from them now stating 16th Dec but is that the date its being announced, or sold to the reseller or available to buy as a consumer? Your guess is as good as mine!

A copy of the email for what its worth:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Asus support UK.

The release date for the TF201 (Transformer Prime) in the UK is 16.12.2011.

Kind regards Thi Dinh Asus support UK

---------- Original Message ----------From : info@ntrsupport.com Sent : 29-11-2011 10:12:48 To : "offlinesupport_UK@asus.com" Subject : NTRsupport Online Support

[CASEID=PTM2011112901223]

Ref: Ref2: Customer: ______________________________ _____________________________________ _____ _______________________________________

Hi, Can you tell me please when the TF201 Asus Transformer Prime will be announced and sold in the UK? I see that the USA are getting it early Dec, is it the same in the UK? Thanks

Last edited:

zoro25

Sep 20, 2006
Yep as you said it reads to me like 16th dec is uk release date for going in sale.

Let's hope its true.
A lot of places have said that Asus has rushed this to market to be first with tegra3 and has therefore messed up marketing and communication channels.
At the moment it seems that no one in their business knows what its happening.
Even the us release date is up in the air

Pouhiou

Nov 27, 2011
Toulouse
In France, we have the same blurry statements.
One web retailler (tablette-store) announces an early january release when another (ldlc.com) has opened pre-orders for sending on december, 26th (too bad for Santa !).

Only FNAC (big stores in france and online) has opened pre-orders stating "avalable on dec, 16th". In my order status, they even say "sendin on dec, 15th". But some french bloggers seems to think that fnac is bluffing to get the early adopters.

I know both our markets are a bit different (with our azerty keyboards... :eek: ) but here are my 2 cents :cool: !

lancer3397

Nov 12, 2011
Leeds
the next obvious question of course is, once it's in country. where can we buy said item? I have money to plonk down.

dhanjel

Mar 1, 2009
www.tecus.se
499 GBP for 32gb with dock is a great price. Take in cosideration that prices stated in the US is without tax. When it comes to sweden, it will land on approx 570 GBP with the dock.

senk1one

Jul 22, 2010
Here in Lithuania we have 3 online shops stating they will be recieveing it on Dec 22nd as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks ... lets please keep this to pre-orders etc ... theres enough moaning on the forums already ...
    Remember me telling you a couple of days back that Clove Technology were carrying out extensive tests on some Prime stock they managed to get hold of and that Clove had now completed their tests and would be emailing pre-order customers what their intentions were......
    Well at the time I could not tell you the contents of our discussions.

Clove are now sending emails to all pre-customers informing them of their stance on selling the Asus Prime.
    Personally I think it is a bold and strong message they are sending back to Asus and a credit to the community that they are refusing to sell the Prime.
    They are the only seller that has the B***s to say what a lot of us want to pass back to Asus.

Here below is the transcript of the email message being sent:-

We are contacting you regarding the interest you expressed in the ASUS Transformer Prime 32GB model.

Stock supply has been a real issue and good levels of stock are not expected until late February/March.

However we have been able to obtain some stock sooner than expected; but because of complaints of faults with the model we took the decision to thoroughly test stock before fulfilling any orders.

We are at this time not satisfied that all units we could provide you with are working correctly, and performing to the standard we expect of the unit.

We have therefore taken the decision until further notice stop selling the ASUS Transformer Prime.

If in time we feel that the situation has changed and we are happy to sell the Prime, we will email you to let you know that we are once again accepting orders.

We apologise that this is the situation but trust you understand our reasons for doing so.

The Clove Technology Sales Team.
    It has arrived delivered 8am from Comet. it does include the dock. just charging it up now to have a play. it is very nice indeed.
    Apologies if posted before but this site is useful for tracking UK availability. It doesn't cover all outlets but useful nonetheless. This is where I was alerted to the Comet availability.

http://www.nowinstock.net/uk/computers/tablets/asus/
    Guys,

Get over to Comet they have the Grey in stock. Just phoned them ... lady said they had about 200 in stock, so I ordered and it will be delivered Monday 30th. Cancelled with JL.