TWRP .img from phone?

Search This thread

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
I've recently dumped my desktop. I'm using my company's laptop despite of being very restricted.
So... because of this, i can't use adb or moto x toolkit to install TWRP. I had it installed on my phone but somehow i've messed it up. I've an unlocked bootloader, and my phone is rooted. Now i have only the .img file and no way to install it. I've tested some apps from the store, but none of them work.
Any way to install TWRP .img file from the phone itself?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I've recently dumped my desktop. I'm using my company's laptop despite of being very restricted.
So... because of this, i can't use adb or moto x toolkit to install TWRP. I had it installed on my phone but somehow i've messed it up. I've an unlocked bootloader, and my phone is rooted. Now i have only the .img file and no way to install it. I've tested some apps from the store, but none of them work.
Any way to install TWRP .img file from the phone itself?

Since you say you are already rooted, try FLASHIFY from the market. It should flash TWRP Recovery for you (assuming you are indeed rooted already).

Good Luck.

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
Since you say you are already rooted, try FLASHIFY from the market. It should flash TWRP Recovery for you (assuming you are indeed rooted already).

Good Luck.
Thanks for your help. Tried it but it doesn't work.

if you can install the moto device drivers on the PC, you can then try to download and unzip this -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/X-STUFF/ADB-MFASTBOOT.zip and try mfastboot from there.
I can't install drivers on a restricted pc. That's my main problem.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010

Bummer.

No one has made a flashable zip for TWRP for Moto X yet....mostly because fastboot is so much easier. In the past (on other devices), you could often flash the recovery zip file from the bootloader - this would make fastboot unnecessary.

Since we don't have a flashable zip (only the .img), I can only suggest that you use a different computer that isn't restricted. Sorry, but it seems that will be your only option.

And lastly, when you DO find a computer that you're able to use, be sure to flash the recovery with 'mfastboot' and not the standard 'fastboot'.

Reactions: pintasmapila

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
Bummer.

No one has made a flashable zip for TWRP for Moto X yet....mostly because fastboot is so much easier. In the past (on other devices), you could often flash the recovery zip file from the bootloader - this would make fastboot unnecessary.

Since we don't have a flashable zip (only the .img), I can only suggest that you use a different computer that isn't restricted. Sorry, but it seems that will be your only option.

And lastly, when you DO find a computer that you're able to use, be sure to flash the recovery with 'mfastboot' and not the standard 'fastboot'.

Yeah, i guess you're right.
Thanks man ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if you can install the moto device drivers on the PC, you can then try to download and unzip this -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/X-STUFF/ADB-MFASTBOOT.zip and try mfastboot from there.

Bummer.