Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Custom roms

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

darkmystel

Nov 5, 2011
Trivandrum
So I've this Z1 Compact and I charged it to 100% when i got home (the first charge) since its Li-ion and cause I've read everywhere that you don't need to keep it plugged in for 6hrs straight I din't let it.

The next day morning itself I found Kitkat update and updated. But it seems the battery drain is far more on Kitkat than on jellybean as per reports from a whole lot of people who get upto 7hrs screen on time or more on Jellbean and I manage barely 4-5hrs max even on wifi.

Kitkat was supposed to have better battery life, as is the case with most other phones and that's why I din't give it a second thought and updated, now I'm thinking of rotting and flashing back Jellybean stock rom, what do you guys think?

And from the last 2 days, camera app is also behaving a bit odd, in manual mode specially, its hanging when i click a photo and the photo doesnt get saved, to avoid a reboot i just lock screen and turn on.

So any suggestions? :)

infinitylook

May 26, 2013
So I've this Z1 Compact and I charged it to 100% when i got home (the first charge) since its Li-ion and cause I've read everywhere that you don't need to keep it plugged in for 6hrs straight I din't let it.

The next day morning itself I found Kitkat update and updated. But it seems the battery drain is far more on Kitkat than on jellybean as per reports from a whole lot of people who get upto 7hrs screen on time or more on Jellbean and I manage barely 4-5hrs max even on wifi.

Kitkat was supposed to have better battery life, as is the case with most other phones and that's why I din't give it a second thought and updated, now I'm thinking of rotting and flashing back Jellybean stock rom, what do you guys think?

And from the last 2 days, camera app is also behaving a bit odd, in manual mode specially, its hanging when i click a photo and the photo doesnt get saved, to avoid a reboot i just lock screen and turn on.

So any suggestions? :)

Stock KK here, rooted and debloated but bootloader locked. Yeah, JB have better battery but difference is not significant maybe 30min. difference in screen time. Nonetheless phone can still survive a day of heavy use and still go home with a juice to spare.

infinitylook

May 26, 2013
im sorry to hear about that. Hey, have you tried factory reset? i really never experience those bugs. Have you tried repair using PC companion? Flashing would flashtool is better but repairing with PC companion also does the trick.

darkmystel

Nov 5, 2011
Trivandrum
im sorry to hear about that. Hey, have you tried factory reset? i really never experience those bugs. Have you tried repair using PC companion? Flashing would flashtool is better but repairing with PC companion also does the trick.

Actually I did a factory reset, N I've faced this problem prominently today :eek:, I've managed to click only 1 photo from 7 tries

Sent from my Z1 compact

infinitylook

May 26, 2013
Actually I did a factory reset, N I've faced this problem prominently today :eek:, I've managed to click only 1 photo from 7 tries

Sent from my Z1 compact

really sorry to hear about that. maybe you try downgrading to JB. If it still persist then maybe that's a hardware problem already. It's the first time i heard that bug really so that's the only thing that I can suggest.

darkmystel

Nov 5, 2011
Trivandrum
really sorry to hear about that. maybe you try downgrading to JB. If it still persist then maybe that's a hardware problem already. It's the first time i heard that bug really so that's the only thing that I can suggest.

Ah okay :) , actually my friend using an Z1 also has had similar bugs after he updated to kitkat N he suggested me not to update, but by then I had already done, never mind :) hope everything gets fixed in next Android release at least if this ain't a hardware issue :)

Sent from my Z1 compact

darkmystel

Nov 5, 2011
Trivandrum
N I was thinking about the other issue that I faced N it's with the external Sd card,
I can't move or delete anything from the sd card with es file Explorer
Anybody else having any issue with external Sd card?

Sent from my Z1 compact