Cloudystock 2.2, lost recovery and root

Search This thread

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
I have had the strangest experience, that I really don't understand.

After having used cloudystock successfully the last months, my recovery and root disappeared. Just like that.. (I went from 2.1 to 2.2 by dirty flashing).

When I try to go into recovery it asks me if I want to reset the phone? And no root, superSU is still there, but shows "no binary file".
Beside that it works fine, and shows Cloudystock 2.2 in SW info.

How can that happen? Any other who have experienced something like that?

And most important, is there anything in particular for that setup to take into consideration when reinstalling recovery and root?

what is the best way of getting it back.

Last edited:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida

After having used cloudystock successfully the last months, my recovery and root disappeared. Just like that.. (I went from 2.1 to 2.2 by dirty flashing).

When I try to go into recovery it asks me if I want to reset the phone? And no root, superSU is still there, but shows "no binary file".

And most important, is there anything in particular for that setup to take into consideration when reinstalling recovery and root?

if you have never used button combination to go into recovery you would know that it will always show the factory reset screen, and after pressing the power button three times to factory reset then custom recovery will appear; the reason for this is because lg designed it so that we wouldn't have access to the stock recovery:
-if you have stock recovery it will just factory reset your device
-if you have custom recovery after pressing power button it will boot into custom recovery

Reactions: henrylar

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
if you have never used button combination to go into recovery you would know that it will always show the factory reset screen, and after pressing the power button three times to factory reset then custom recovery will appear; the reason for this is because lg designed it so that we wouldn't have access to the stock recovery:
-if you have custom recovery after pressing power button it will boot into custom recovery

But don't you think he runs a dangerous risk of bricking his device in case it factory resets?

Reactions: henrylar

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
cannot get the rsa window

Thank you very much. I had problems with adb, could not get the rsa screen on the mac. But I succeeded in windows 8.1. I got to the recovery with the adb command, thank you very much. So now I just have to root it again. I still don't understand how that happened?

Last edited:

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
best way to root it?

Thank you very much. I had problems with adb, could not get the rsa screen on the mac. But I succeeded in windows 8.1. I got to the recovery with the adb command, thank you very much. So now I just have to root it again. I still don't understand how that happened?

I wondered how to root it thought that I needed to use IORoot, which did not work - but in the end that was simple, the recovery could reinstall it :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But don't you think he runs a dangerous risk of bricking his device in case it factory resets?

another thing he can try is with adb access use the command adb reboot recovery, I don't think he lost the custom recovery, if he did he would have gotten a secure booting error when he tried accessing recovery the first time