Release: I9000XWJM8 - Multi CSC(s) Europe

Search This thread

Richthofen

Jul 13, 2010
In the land of the blind
Few facts about this version:

INTERNAL release (not official, obviously)
Version: 2.1 Eclair
PDA version I9000XWJM8
PDA Build time: 2010.08.31 09:45:32 KST
PDA Changelog: Unknown
MODEM version I9000XXJM4
MODEM Build time: 2010.08.31 10:26:45 KST
MODEM Changelog: Unknown

The modem firmware has been updated from I9000XXJM3 used in my previous releases to I9000XXJM4 (final). This version should have some actual changes too (besides fixed typos in operator names).

All CSC versions are I9000???JM1 and unbranded, but CSC´s for specific operators (Vodafone for example) are included.

UI / Swype languages supported by XWJM8:

UI: Czech, Danish, Deutsch DACH , Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Kazakh, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovakian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian

Swype: Croatian, Czech, Danish, Deutsch DACH ,Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish

I have not modified the code in any way, although I have repacked the release to make CSC selection possible.

Usually Odin3 images are provided in a single integrated .tar package which contain all of the necessary files. This way the CSC cannot be selected separately.

That is why I splitted the release in three different parts (CODE, MODEM, CSC).
Since Odin3 has flashfile checksum support I also added md5 hash tail to the .tar files. This way is more secure because Odin will not allow flashing corrupted images. Flashing takes a bit longer thou because the checksums are checked in the beginning of the update process.

You need to download two files.
GT-I9000_I9000XWJM8_I9000XXJM4_CODE-MODEM.7z
CSC_I9000?????? (CSC of your selection)

I know this is not nearly all of the excisting variants, but repacking the softwares is quite a slow process for certain reasons. I have access to pretty much any Samsung firmware, so if you find a variant missing you can send me pm. I can have a look.

Here is the description of CSC´s (included country variants):

DBT (Germany specific)
OXA *Multi CSC* (for France, Germany, Italy, Poland, UK, UK & Ireland)
OXE *Multi CSC* (for Baltic, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine)
OXX *Multi CSC* (for Austria, Baltic, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Switzerland)

BMC *Multi CSC* Unbranded / Custom apps: (Canada)
HUI Branded: (Tre - H3G Italy)
OLB *Multi CSC* Unbranded / Branded: (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)
OPS Unbranded / Custom apps: (Optus Australia)

XEE - Nordic: (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden).

TMN Branded: (TMN Portugal)
TMN Light version by Phk (Custom boot & shutdown animations, TMN applications, favorites & bookmarks removed)

XEC Branded / Custom apps and game demos: (Movistar Spain)

Download links:

CSC_I9000DBTJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXAJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXEJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXXJM1.rar

CSC_I9000BMCJH2.rar

CSC_I9000HUIHUI.rar

CSC_I9000OLBJG4.rar

CSC_I9000OPSJG1.rar

CSC_I9000XEEJM1.rar

CSC_I9000TMNJM1.rar

CSC_I9000TMNJM1-CLEAN-v2.tar

CSC_I9000XECJM1.7z

Extract the downloaded .rar archives to the same folder.
The archives are contain .tar.md5 files. Do not open them with Winrar for example. They are compressed Odin images which do not need unpacking.

So how to proceed:

Put your phone to download mode (hold down: volume down, home key, power)

DO NOT plug in your phone yet, Odin / driver does not like it at this stage.

Start Odin3

Tick "Re-Partition", check that "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" have been ticked.

Click "PIT" button and select s1_odin_20100512.pit file.

Plug in the phone and wait until Odin finds it.
Click "Start" button... <Firmware update start...> <Get PIT for mapping...> appear. The phone will turn off and the screen indicates "Reset". Wait until Odin indicates "Pass".

Plug out your phone, remove the battery, put it back in and put phone to download mode again.

Click "Reset" button in Odin and untick "Re-Partition" box.

DO NOT select PIT file again.

Click "PDA" button and select "CODE_I9000XWJM8.tar.md5" file.
Click "MODEM" button and select "MODEM_I9000XXJM4.tar.md5" file.
Click "CSC" button and select the desired version "CSC_I9000???JM?.tar.md5".

Click "Start" button and wait until phone reboots with the new software version.

When using *Multi CSC* you need to:

Turn on USB debugging and plug in the phone.
Open command prompt and type:

Code:
adb shell

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig

Then select the desired CSC version from the list and press "Install" (this happens on phone screen!).
The phone will reboot once the change is done.

**Read this if you are downgrading from I9000XXJPC rom**

Requirements: Rooted phone, "Root Explorer" (or similar), .nv_data.bak and .nv_data.bak.md5 files (PRIOR the date of I9000XXJPC release).

Because I9000XXJPC rom rewrites certain thing in the permanent memory area of the phone, certain things CAN occur when you downgrade the phone to <I9000XXJPC firmware. It is possible that there will not be any problems at all, but if there is read below.

Possible problems (I had them all due trying different thing to solve it):

IMEI "corruption".
nv_data.bin checksum does not pass the check and the phone / baseband generates a new blank one. Baseband test IMEI (000xxxxxxxxxxxx) will be displayed.

No service.
There is no service even a functional SIM card is inserted.
You cannot receive or make calls, receive or send sms, etc (obviously).

Freeze / lock-down.
The phone will not react to anything besides pressing power key.
You cannot unlock the display to enter PIN code.

Wrong PIN code.
The phone will not accept any PIN code on any SIM (even the correct one ;)).
Phone displays "wrong PIN code" message even the try counter (three strikes you know) does not change.

Product code changed to KOR.
= Blocked Kies updates (without a registry "hack")

Here is how to fix any or all of them:

Downgrade to I9000XWJM8 firmware with Odin (as usual).

Remove SIM card from the phone (to be able to boot in first place) and start the phone.

Gain root access and install "Root Explorer" (or similar), ADB works too.

Open Root Explorer and go to the "EFS" folder in the root.

Check the date on .nv_data.bak and .nv_data.bak.md5 files.
If it is earlier than 08/26/2010 you´re clear, if it is later then you may stop reading.

Once the date has been checked, select files nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 simultaneously and delete (yes, delete) them. Reboot the phone.

Now your phone is in the same condition (atleast permanent memory wise) as it was prior I9000XXJPC update.

There is a safety feature I would call "a dead mans switch".
If the current nv_data files are deleted, the phone will make new nv_data files from the .bak (backup) files (if they excist). The new nv_data files will be signed automatically so they pass the checks (none of the errors listed above will occur). However if they do not excist, the phone will just write an empty / test file (= IMEI corrupted, no service, etc). Also if you just rename .bak files they will have wrong signatures and the same problems will occur.

Regards.

- Nottingham

Last edited:
Reactions: saphirrot

ad_insane

May 4, 2008
Thanks for this update. I just installed JM7 but I look forward to check this version as well.

ed10000

Jun 9, 2010
Thanks! Do you have a CSC for India (INU)?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

jugster

Aug 4, 2010
And I _just_ installed jm7 which works well, looking forward to trying this one out as well, thanks a bunch!

/J

MoWa22

Aug 6, 2010
Damn you baron, I had to sleep! Well, that'll have to be some other time. :) Thanks a bunch.

MagicOnline

Jul 22, 2010
I got one Q: why is/are those CSC rar files so small.

I have one XXJM1 which is 78 MB. Yours is only a few kB.

I dont get it... :confused:

dekeijzer

Dec 1, 2008
Is it just me or is it really odd samsung is releasing so many (internal) eclair firmware versions? Cause it also looks like they are working hard on a Froyo release..

Stefanauss

Aug 15, 2010
NOTE: Multi CSC selection as described below DOES NOT work because the "floating" access code has been changed. Working on it...

When using *Multi CSC* you need to type *#272*????# after the flash (in dialer). ???? being the current time displayed by phone. For example if the time is currently 6.25pm you need to type *#272*0625#. Then select the desired CSC version from the list and press "Install".

What does this mean?
We can't select the proper CSC anymore?

huxflux2003

Dec 29, 2008
Hi thanks for the ROM. I am a rom flashing noob with the SGS and I have two questions:

- Can I only flash the PDA and MODEM and leave my current CSC?
- I have the OneClickLagFix installed. Do I need to remove it before flashing? Do I need to wipe before flashing?

Thanks!

Richthofen

Jul 13, 2010
In the land of the blind
I got one Q: why is/are those CSC rar files so small.

I have one XXJM1 which is 78 MB. Yours is only a few kB.

I dont get it... :confused:

Do you really want me to upload over 70MB of excess payload?

The CSC´s are smaller because there is no:

(MUSIC)
01_Beyond_Samsung.dm (3.2MB)
02_The_Beat.dm (3.4MB)
03_Flash_Flash.dm (3.4MB)
04_Nothing_left_to_say.dm (3.4MB)

(VIDEO)
Smart_Life.mp4 (52MB)

(BACKGROUND IMAGES)
pic_04.jpg (430KB)
pic_05.jpg (210KB)
pic_06.jpg (180KB)
pic_07.jpg (260KB)

(SAMPLE DOCUMENTS)
Sample.pdf (1.4MB)
Sample.ppt (2.9MB)
Sample.xls (109KB)
Sample.docx (260KB)

Included in my releases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Few facts about this version:

INTERNAL release (not official, obviously)
    Version: 2.1 Eclair
    PDA version I9000XWJM8
    PDA Build time: 2010.08.31 09:45:32 KST
    PDA Changelog: Unknown
    MODEM version I9000XXJM4
    MODEM Build time: 2010.08.31 10:26:45 KST
    MODEM Changelog: Unknown

The modem firmware has been updated from I9000XXJM3 used in my previous releases to I9000XXJM4 (final). This version should have some actual changes too (besides fixed typos in operator names).

All CSC versions are I9000???JM1 and unbranded, but CSC´s for specific operators (Vodafone for example) are included.

UI / Swype languages supported by XWJM8:

UI: Czech, Danish, Deutsch DACH , Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Kazakh, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovakian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian

Swype: Croatian, Czech, Danish, Deutsch DACH ,Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish

I have not modified the code in any way, although I have repacked the release to make CSC selection possible.

Usually Odin3 images are provided in a single integrated .tar package which contain all of the necessary files. This way the CSC cannot be selected separately.

That is why I splitted the release in three different parts (CODE, MODEM, CSC).
    Since Odin3 has flashfile checksum support I also added md5 hash tail to the .tar files. This way is more secure because Odin will not allow flashing corrupted images. Flashing takes a bit longer thou because the checksums are checked in the beginning of the update process.

You need to download two files.
    CSC_I9000?????? (CSC of your selection)

I know this is not nearly all of the excisting variants, but repacking the softwares is quite a slow process for certain reasons. I have access to pretty much any Samsung firmware, so if you find a variant missing you can send me pm. I can have a look.

Here is the description of CSC´s (included country variants):

DBT (Germany specific)
    OXA *Multi CSC* (for France, Germany, Italy, Poland, UK, UK & Ireland)
    OXE *Multi CSC* (for Baltic, Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine)
    OXX *Multi CSC* (for Austria, Baltic, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Switzerland)

BMC *Multi CSC* Unbranded / Custom apps: (Canada)
    HUI Branded: (Tre - H3G Italy)
    OLB *Multi CSC* Unbranded / Branded: (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)
    OPS Unbranded / Custom apps: (Optus Australia)

XEE - Nordic: (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden).

TMN Branded: (TMN Portugal)
    TMN Light version by Phk (Custom boot & shutdown animations, TMN applications, favorites & bookmarks removed)

XEC Branded / Custom apps and game demos: (Movistar Spain)

Download links:

CSC_I9000DBTJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXAJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXEJM1.rar

CSC_I9000OXXJM1.rar

CSC_I9000BMCJH2.rar

CSC_I9000HUIHUI.rar

CSC_I9000OLBJG4.rar

CSC_I9000OPSJG1.rar

CSC_I9000XEEJM1.rar

CSC_I9000TMNJM1.rar

CSC_I9000TMNJM1-CLEAN-v2.tar

CSC_I9000XECJM1.7z

Extract the downloaded .rar archives to the same folder.
    The archives are contain .tar.md5 files. Do not open them with Winrar for example. They are compressed Odin images which do not need unpacking.

So how to proceed:

Put your phone to download mode (hold down: volume down, home key, power)

DO NOT plug in your phone yet, Odin / driver does not like it at this stage.

Start Odin3

Tick "Re-Partition", check that "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" have been ticked.

Click "PIT" button and select s1_odin_20100512.pit file.

Click "Start" button... <Firmware update start...> <Get PIT for mapping...> appear. The phone will turn off and the screen indicates "Reset". Wait until Odin indicates "Pass".

Plug out your phone, remove the battery, put it back in and put phone to download mode again.

Click "Reset" button in Odin and untick "Re-Partition" box.

DO NOT select PIT file again.

Click "PDA" button and select "CODE_I9000XWJM8.tar.md5" file.
    Click "MODEM" button and select "MODEM_I9000XXJM4.tar.md5" file.
    Click "CSC" button and select the desired version "CSC_I9000???JM?.tar.md5".

Click "Start" button and wait until phone reboots with the new software version.

When using *Multi CSC* you need to:

Turn on USB debugging and plug in the phone.
    Open command prompt and type:

Code:
    adb shell

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig

Then select the desired CSC version from the list and press "Install" (this happens on phone screen!).
    The phone will reboot once the change is done.

**Read this if you are downgrading from I9000XXJPC rom**

Requirements: Rooted phone, "Root Explorer" (or similar), .nv_data.bak and .nv_data.bak.md5 files (PRIOR the date of I9000XXJPC release).

Because I9000XXJPC rom rewrites certain thing in the permanent memory area of the phone, certain things CAN occur when you downgrade the phone to <I9000XXJPC firmware. It is possible that there will not be any problems at all, but if there is read below.

Possible problems (I had them all due trying different thing to solve it):

IMEI "corruption".
    nv_data.bin checksum does not pass the check and the phone / baseband generates a new blank one. Baseband test IMEI (000xxxxxxxxxxxx) will be displayed.

No service.
    There is no service even a functional SIM card is inserted.
    You cannot receive or make calls, receive or send sms, etc (obviously).

Freeze / lock-down.
    The phone will not react to anything besides pressing power key.
    You cannot unlock the display to enter PIN code.

Wrong PIN code.
    The phone will not accept any PIN code on any SIM (even the correct one ;)).
    Phone displays "wrong PIN code" message even the try counter (three strikes you know) does not change.

Product code changed to KOR.
    = Blocked Kies updates (without a registry "hack")

Here is how to fix any or all of them:

Downgrade to I9000XWJM8 firmware with Odin (as usual).

Remove SIM card from the phone (to be able to boot in first place) and start the phone.

Gain root access and install "Root Explorer" (or similar), ADB works too.

Open Root Explorer and go to the "EFS" folder in the root.

Check the date on .nv_data.bak and .nv_data.bak.md5 files.
    If it is earlier than 08/26/2010 you´re clear, if it is later then you may stop reading.

Once the date has been checked, select files nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 simultaneously and delete (yes, delete) them. Reboot the phone.

Now your phone is in the same condition (atleast permanent memory wise) as it was prior I9000XXJPC update.

There is a safety feature I would call "a dead mans switch".
    If the current nv_data files are deleted, the phone will make new nv_data files from the .bak (backup) files (if they excist). The new nv_data files will be signed automatically so they pass the checks (none of the errors listed above will occur). However if they do not excist, the phone will just write an empty / test file (= IMEI corrupted, no service, etc). Also if you just rename .bak files they will have wrong signatures and the same problems will occur.

Regards.

- Nottingham