[Q] foregin sim card not prompting unlock galaxy s2 t989

Search This thread

juna1103

Mar 25, 2012
I'm trying to unlock my phone, I bought used on ebay, I found found a thread here that shows you how to unlock, but can't even do the first step. when I install a different sim card, I don't get the message Unlock, the phone reads the sim as a non support sim.
the sim I'm putting in the phone doesnt have service on it, Is this the reason the unlock message doesn't come up?
Please Help

juna1103

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure

Maybe your phone is already unlocked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989

I put a metro pcs sim that has service on it, but when I try to make a call, it say, not register to network, and or mobile network disconnected? Aso also tried to put the apn setting, but when I try to save the apn setting, they disappear??
Anyone have any idea?
Thanks for the reply

cr2069

Apr 9, 2010
I put a metro pcs sim that has service on it, but when I try to make a call, it say, not register to network, and or mobile network disconnected? Aso also tried to put the apn setting, but when I try to save the apn setting, they disappear??
Anyone have any idea?
Thanks for the reply

Seems your phone's ROM/Radio mismatched or not for MetroPCS. This exactly happened to my phone also, until I flashed a new radio for my rom(I am using TMobile, flashed new TMobile ROM but not new Radio. Then it had the problems as you have now).

Last edited:
Reactions: juna1103

juna1103

Mar 25, 2012
New sim fixed

Seems your phone's ROM/Radio mismatched or not for MetroPCS. This exactly happened to my phone also, until I flashed a new radio for my rom(I am using TMobile, flashed new TMobile ROM but not new Radio. Then it had the problems as you have now).

'' Thanks for the reply ''
The sim card I was putting in the phone was already register to a different phone.. I had to put a new sim, not active yet, then register the new sim to my imei and it worked fine.. I bought the phone used from ebay and it was already unlocked..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe your phone is already unlocked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989
    you can use free unlock from general http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024514
    but of course you have to do it from uvkl1. but--you can do a nandroid, and after you unlock it, restore your backup! it will stay unlocked
    Anyone have any idea?
    Thanks for the reply