Block Ads *HELP*

Search This thread

Veniceee

Oct 22, 2012
I'm trying to block ads on my phone lucky patched didn't seem to get the job done nor did minminguard from xposed. I also updated my hosts file from /etc/ directory and installed adblock plus and ads still come up .. anything I'm missing?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eruscool

Apr 26, 2008
Chicago
I have a stock m8 right now but adaway has always worked for me with all the other phones I've had (ie. m7 s4 s3 n5 sgn3) you do have to be rooted however.

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012
I have a stock m8 right now but adaway has always worked for me with all the other phones I've had (ie. m7 s4 s3 n5 sgn3) you do have to be rooted however.

Yeah, that worked for me too on my M7. I haven't got around to rooting yet and kind of miss it. I didn't even know half the apps I use have so many ads.

darll

Oct 29, 2011
If your M8 is S-on the ads will always be reverted after about 24 hours. I used all ad-blockers and none seemed to stick for me. I was plagued by this issue until i did the s-off mod

lampel

Aug 28, 2007
Connecticut
If you don't want to s-off, or can't, but you are rooted and the ad blocks still don't 'stick' after a reboot simply enable system write (as opposed to read only.) This can be accomplished by using a modified kernel (in the dev section) or there is also a flashable mod for the stock kernel.