Wireless Tether App?

Search This thread

ezcape

Aug 16, 2010
I'm looking for a app that I can use to provide wifi to my GF itouch when were not around wifi. Or is it a wait to be rooted type deal?

- Fly like a G2

SuperFly03

Mar 17, 2009
Texas
I'm looking for a app that I can use to provide wifi to my GF itouch when were not around wifi. Or is it a wait to be rooted type deal?

- Fly like a G2

Wait to be rooted.

You can search in the dev section for access to the wifi AP settings and there is something supposedly but I haven't tried it myself.

Malike25

Aug 10, 2010
SoCal
Received an OTA update to my GF G2 & she now has Wifi tethering & the wifi calling application.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

tubaking182

Mar 28, 2008
Ok so if you have recived OTA then why didn't you get the download link and post it here so others may update as well?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

fastludeh22

Mar 22, 2009
Using one of the many posted temp root methods will allow "wifi for root users" app to work perfectly. I tested myself last night. Use the newest one posted on the google code page.

Anyone that received the ota update already, pm me, it can help the cause! If you have the notifaction saying update but haven't done it yet even better...

hawaiian.monzta

Oct 10, 2010
Its funny how EVERYONE that says they got the OTA update shows proof that they have it by uploading pics showing the update. But the funny part is, they ALL post the same EXACT
pics that ive seen in other threads from a user claiming they have the update. I smell.......bull
Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

pReTTyUnG1

Mar 13, 2009
The ability to use a wifi tether is really all I'm looking for right now. When I rooted my G1 and installed BarnacleWiFi from the market, that just opened up a whole bunch of options for me. I would connect my iPad to my phone and surf at the airport and other places where wifi wasn't free. At work I could do it and access sites which were locked down by the firewall, but I needed to access when I had to work on an agent desk and didn't have my laptop handy. Being able to tether with wifi is HUGE! I didn't know the G2 couldn't do this when I bought it, but I still would have bought it anyway. I can still tether with a USB and then use Conectify on my laptop to create a hotspot for others if I wanted to, but not having to drag out the laptop to create a hotspot was just toooo awesome. I'm really hoping the OTA update comes in soon. I won't even wait for a root solution on the G2 if they are able to enable that on my phone.

The VISIONary app will allow a 1 click root and u can wireless tether :) very simple and easy with the press of a button.

Malike25

Aug 10, 2010
SoCal
Its funny how EVERYONE that says they got the OTA update shows proof that they have it by uploading pics showing the update. But the funny part is, they ALL post the same EXACT
pics that ive seen in other threads from a user claiming they have the update. I smell.......bull

So you've seen the pics from at least 1 user showing you the wifi tether but you still say it's bull.

The OTA was stopped by TMO due to it being released before they wanted it. Only TMO employees and demo devices (used by vendors)received the updates and not all of them received it. TMO has halted all OTA updates to the G2 until the tethering data plan is ready to launch. From what I've heard you're looking at $10-$15 per month for tethering w/a cap of 5GB just like the broadband cards. Give it about 2-3 weeks and you'll see an official release.

Before you ask how I know this...well lets just say I work w/TMO released and unreleased devices. I get to test them out and use them before the release date. I can tell you the myTouch 4G, otherwise known in the blog world as the myTouch HD, will have wifi tethering and wifi calling out of the box. The wifi tethering data feature will be ready before/or on the launch of this phone in November.

PS. Don't ask me for pics of unreleased devices...not gonna happen since I like my job.

Reactions: Mr Hofs

arich

May 16, 2010
So you've seen the pics from at least 1 user showing you the wifi tether but you still say it's bull.

The OTA was stopped by TMO due to it being released before they wanted it. Only TMO employees and demo devices (used by vendors)received the updates and not all of them received it. TMO has halted all OTA updates to the G2 until the tethering data plan is ready to launch. From what I've heard you're looking at $10-$15 per month for tethering w/a cap of 5GB just like the broadband cards. Give it about 2-3 weeks and you'll see an official release.

Before you ask how I know this...well lets just say I work w/TMO released and unreleased devices. I get to test them out and use them before the release date. I can tell you the myTouch 4G, otherwise known in the blog world as the myTouch HD, will have wifi tethering and wifi calling out of the box. The wifi tethering data feature will be ready before/or on the launch of this phone in November.

PS. Don't ask me for pics of unreleased devices...not gonna happen since I like my job.

Wasn't that on engadget....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.