Mytouch 32b port 10/23/10

Search This thread

Asadullah

Aug 24, 2010
casselberry
This is just a quick port I made of the mytouch 32b (not to be confused with the mytouch 32a or mytouch slide) froyo 2.2 update.
I just took the update added xbin from one of darches nightlies added our wlan.ko and buildprop. At first I just switched kernels but bluetooth didn't work (it did work good though with decad3nces bfs). So thats why I used the bootimage from darches for the most part everything works and it's really not something I really wanted to pursue but figured if I wanted to try it out someone else would. I just like it cuz it has odex files.
Just to be clear though this doesn't have sense their update didn't include it.
What doesn't work
gps
camera

Download updated 10/23/10 here
Here's an alternate link thanks to beezy420 try this one first

The update from 10/23/10 is de-odexed and still requires the fix roaming zip
beezy420 uploaded a update zip to add live wallpapers to the rom at the gmail account

so I made a fake gmail account so that we can just upload update zips to there without having to wait thirty or 90 seconds depending on how mediafire feels that day? mytouch32b@gmail.com
password is : 1a2b3c4d99

To see how much space is on your phone and what's using it
Code:
adb shell
busybox df -h
to see your mtds
Code:
adb shell
cat /proc/mtd
copy your mtd
Code:
adb shell
cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/mtd1.img
you can replace mtd1 with whichever mtd you want

Last edited:

hexskrew

May 25, 2010
xdaforums.com
Eh.... This is AOSP. What's the point? I don't really mean that sarcastically but.. Isn't the mytouch 2.2 supposed to have the rosie?
I guess this is a mytouch port of AOSP 2.2 to the hero?

Picks since no one else did it.

65288993.png
78771681.png
12700296.png
80055255.png

Last edited:

Asadullah

Aug 24, 2010
casselberry
Eh.... This is AOSP. What's the point? I don't really mean that sarcastically but.. Isn't the mytouch 2.2 supposed to have the rosie?

Yeah that's a misconception people have. There probably won't be a sense froyo update till the mytouch slide gets it. The mytouch 32a might get it but I kinda doubt it since they didn't have sense to begin with. The point of this is that it's 2.2 with odex files and just so people know what the mytouch 32b update was all about cuz I'm sure someone wanted to know. Also I was bored :D

Nice pics by the way also wanted to say that this is what they got I only changed what I noted in the first post

Last edited:

hexskrew

May 25, 2010
xdaforums.com
Yeah that's a misconception people have. There probably won't be a sense froyo update till the mytouch slide gets it. The mytouch 32a might get it but I kinda doubt it since they didn't have sense to begin with. The point of this is that it's 2.2 with odex files and just so people know what the mytouch 32b update was all about cuz I'm sure someone wanted to know. Also I was bored :D

Nice pics by the way also wanted to say that this is what they got I only changed what I noted in the first post

Well hell, if that's the case than this is pretty sweet. I noticed it running mighty fast on mah hero that usually laggs out if not at least a smidgen when I am running AOSP. I say this might be fiah for the AOSP Froyo!

Cyanogen-Modders, what say you? A rom upgrade to the project eh? Maybe we can finally have some CM6 with a healthy dose of no slowdowns/hickups!

BlaqkAudio

Oct 2, 2008
Well hell, if that's the case than this is pretty sweet. I noticed it running mighty fast on mah hero that usually laggs out if not at least a smidgen when I am running AOSP. I say this might be fiah for the AOSP Froyo!

Cyanogen-Modders, what say you? A rom upgrade to the project eh? Maybe we can finally have some CM6 with a healthy dose of no slowdowns/hickups!
My phone already runs fine on CM6, no slowdowns unless I'm trying to do things while installing/updating apps. Running Deca's UncappedKernel (CFS) really helps :D

hexskrew

May 25, 2010
xdaforums.com
I wish I could say the same. I have had nothing but trouble with cm6 even with the newest kernels.

Don't get me wrong the glitter and glam (and brute force speed!) is better than perfect at first, but after about a day, my phone becomes unusable on cm6.. To the point that it will lock up on any given screen for 5 seconds or more. Usually more actually. So I am hoping maybe this will get me somewhere :)

rogerbean101

Jan 5, 2009
Lakeland,Florida
I wish I could say the same. I have had nothing but trouble with cm6 even with the newest kernels.

Don't get me wrong the glitter and glam (and brute force speed!) is better than perfect at first, but after about a day, my phone becomes unusable on cm6.. To the point that it will lock up on any given screen for 5 seconds or more. Usually more actually. So I am hoping maybe this will get me somewhere :)

i have that same problem!

hexskrew

May 25, 2010
xdaforums.com
nope. Not here and I personally know one other person that has the same issue but I think I know what the issue is.

2.2 a2sd I don't think works very well and I believe that is the issue. I want to try dtapps2sd with it but haven't had the time.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
What is the point of this? CM6 is native and has no GSM limitations. The Slide is the one that will get teh Sense update, not this one.