[IRC] #HTC_Glacier: Come and chat about HTC Glacier!

Search This thread

smonme

May 22, 2010
New York
SASL?

says the server requires SASL access in order for me to get on (using andchat app on mytouch4G) whats the deal?

jaaronmoody

Feb 25, 2009
Orlando
It's starting to liven up a bit again =) Attention: If you are asking a question on IRC and don't get an answer immediately, please stay logged in and allow someone the opportunity to answer. I notice a lot of people asking something and logging out after waiting maybe 2 minutes. There are a handful of users idle all the time and periodically check the channel, willing to answer questions. Just give them a little time to respond. ;)

mmanjj

May 8, 2009
Tampa,FL
I have tried andchat and Android IRC to connect but both say something about SASL. I read it earlier in the thread but someone said andchat beta but both clients support SASL already. Also this is my first attempt at using IRC and have been wanting to use it for a while. Any good tutorials? Ive seen some on youtube but they dont really give you a good grasp on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Server: irc.freenode.net
    Channel: #HTC_Glacier
    Port: 6667

Site: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=HTC_Glacier

Cya in there!
    WDM
    I know this is stupid but do you just go to freenode.net and register? Please be patient with me im searching for info on the matter too and im new to this :) Thanks for the help so far

You can register a nick with the nickserv... you don't need to, but if someone uses the same nick as you and has it registered they can get you booted, so you should talk to nickserv, I don't recall the exact way to register but its something like

So you chose a nick with

/nick somenick

then you 'register' with a password (replace 'somepassword' below with one you want, and put in YOUR email address at the end)

/msg NICKSERV register somepassword email@youraddress.tld

then you're registering with that nick...

Next you need to identify with that nick each time you login, if it works with

/msg NICKSERV identify somepassword

That's it.