HELP! Accidentally wiped OS, USB not recognized

Search This thread

makaveli0622

Mar 16, 2008
LA
I was gonna flash and prior to doing so I accidentally wiped internal memory. When trying to reboot I received a message in TWRP saying no ROM found. Phones does not boot since the OS was wiped.

I'm able to get back into recovery but there is no ROM to flash and Unfortunately there's no memory card slot on the phone. If there was I could have transfer a ROM over to sd card and installed it.

I've tried installing from a RUU file using a windows 7 laptop but I get an error message 170 USB not connected. I'm not sure why its not recognizing my phone. I have htc drivers installed. I have also unistalled the htc drivers, rebooted laptop and installed drivers again with no luck. I have also tried ADB side load in TWRP but adb is not recognizing device, Im unable to push a rom. I just do not get why it is not recognizint my htc one. I'm able to charge it so I assume the usb port on the device is not the issue. Strange, My other devices get recognized through usb. :confused:

Any suggestions on what I can do to install a ROM or get my laptop to recognize my phone? The last 2 days I have done reasearch without any luck, I hope someone here can help. If only if this phone had a SD slot, then this wouldn't be an issue as I'm able to get into recovery. :confused:

praveensk.rcb

Apr 13, 2014
Berlin
I was gonna flash and prior to doing so I accidentally wiped internal memory. When trying to reboot I received a message in TWRP saying no ROM found. Phones does not boot since the OS was wiped.

I'm able to get back into recovery but there is no ROM to flash and Unfortunately there's no memory card slot on the phone. If there was I could have transfer a ROM over to sd card and installed it.

I've tried installing from a RUU file using a windows 7 laptop but I get an error message 170 USB not connected. I'm not sure why its not recognizing my phone. I have htc drivers installed. I have also unistalled the htc drivers, rebooted laptop and installed drivers again with no luck. I have also tried ADB side load in TWRP but adb is not recognizing device, Im unable to push a rom. I just do not get why it is not recognizint my htc one. I'm able to charge it so I assume the usb port on the device is not the issue. Strange, My other devices get recognized through usb. :confused:

Any suggestions on what I can do to install a ROM or get my laptop to recognize my phone? The last 2 days I have done reasearch without any luck, I hope someone here can help. If only if this phone had a SD slot, then this wouldn't be an issue as I'm able to get into recovery. :confused:

i also had the exact same problem with my sprint htc one... while installing an RUU my laptop showed an error that device is not connected (it was running windows 8.1 x64 i think that was the problem) then i disconnected and connected the phone again it showed "USB device not recognised" and even fastboot could not detect the phone ....
when i switch on the phone it would go straight to TWRP... i tried adb push and flashing through USB-OTG cable with no luck..
but when i connected my phone to my friend's desktop running windows 8 x86... it did not show up in my computer but fastboot detected it and i was able to flash this RUU http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22926241640219526 ... and now my phone is up and running...
now first try USB-OTG method, if it fails try flashing RUU.zip from other computer it might get detected...
:good: