[Q] How to turn off Camera shutter sound?

Search This thread

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Has anyone found a Camera app that is compatible with XT720 ?

or know of a way to disabling the stock Camera shutter sound ?

many of the apps that works fine (on/off sound) on my other phones it doesn't seem to work on the XT720

it seems to completely ignore if you have the shutter sound off, even on camera apps that provide that option.

khalpowers

Jul 29, 2010
go to adb shell...
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
mv /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg.old
mv /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg.old
exit

done...so eazy ...huh!

ps/ no need the the rubbish app...xt720 cannot be mute by app or silent button..

Reactions: AllGamer

r0nz3y

May 8, 2011
go to adb shell...
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
mv /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg.old
mv /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg /system/media/audio/ui/VideoRecord.ogg.old
exit

done...so eazy ...huh!

ps/ no need the the rubbish app...xt720 cannot be mute by app or silent button..

Master solution. Refer to youtube: "adb shell" if you're a noob.

eejin2

May 8, 2011
Singapore
Just use root explorer to rename the extension from .ogg to .bak. then the sound will be gone.

Sent from my MilestoneXT720 using XDA App

chatch15117

Jun 16, 2011
u can do what khalpowers suggested in terminal emulator app after typing "su" for superuser permisions. no adb for me.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Just flash one of the custom ROM. :)

Long way to go when all you have to do is change your camera sound from .oog to .bak in /system/media/audio/ui/

Plus if you remove it and then decide to sell your phone or have to turn it back in, you have to find that file again. This way all you have to do to turn it back on is change it back from .bak to .oog and viola, it is back.

Far far easier just to do that. Don't need adb, don't need to flash another rom. Just make sure in Root Explorer you are RW and not RO.

eejin2

May 8, 2011
Singapore
Long way to go when all you have to do is change your camera sound from .oog to .bak in /system/media/audio/ui/

Plus if you remove it and then decide to sell your phone or have to turn it back in, you have to find that file again. This way all you have to do to turn it back on is change it back from .bak to .oog and viola, it is back.

Far far easier just to do that. Don't need adb, don't need to flash another rom. Just make sure in Root Explorer you are RW and not RO.

That's what I just said... and its .ogg not .oog. and lol installing a custom ROM might not necessarily remove the shutter sound.

Sent from my MilestoneXT720 using XDA App

Reactions: Woody

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Reactions: benzer12

Top Liked Posts