Facebook App updated to v 2.4 today [23FEB2012]

Search This thread

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht..._facebook_updating_its_windows_phone_app.html

EDIT - 23rd FEB - Version 2.4 fixes the issues with 'Events'.

The LONG awaited update makes facebook kickass! I just got one on my Titan. Exploring it, but so many visible changes already. Update this post soon. If anyone noticed changes do update us! :)

EDIT1: You can get it manually by going to marketplace and then facebook, press update
It will forget your user ID and password, so re-log-in.

EDIT2: It's a complete revamp of the UI. Excellent speed... Now supports time line feature too!

EDIT3: supports groups and pages as well as very reliable checkin. Photo albums load as quick on 3G as on wifi in previous version, even faster! Still can't "poke" back from the app. Push notifications need testing though

I've already changed my rating and review and given it 5 stars. Hope most users do it too so that others get an idea of how good this official app has become! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyFZ1S

trokpa

Feb 7, 2011
Bordeaux
5 stars for me too. Therefore long wait for this update. With carbon for Twitter, I appreciate my omnia for a long time. :)

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
Sorry to say but the banner is even bigger and its just as laggy and slow. Try scrolling the panorama, it freezes and slows down... Quite disappointing.

Also there are still no notifications when pinning the inbox to the start screen...

Yes it got a bit better. But not much, the messages still take ages to load (implement a database!).

Push notifications still come in very delayed (but this might be an FB issue and not their fault).

Lets hope they will fix this soon and not let us wait another half year.

But the good thing is the design is better and it has more features. There is hope for a next version :)

EDIT: Other parts dont seem to be that laggy. Its mainly the frontpage and probably due to the collapsing of the appbar, that slows down the panning of the panorama.

Last edited:

Symondo

Aug 19, 2010
Hmm no update showing available yet on my UK titan...

Edit...

Installing now :)

Last edited:

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
Is it just my or did they really remove the shake-to-refresh feature?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Sorry to say but the banner is even bigger and its just as laggy and slow. Try scrolling the panorama, it freezes and slows down... Quite disappointing.

Also there are still no notifications when pinning the inbox to the start screen...

Yes it got a bit better. But not much, the messages still take ages to load (implement a database!).

Push notifications still come in very delayed (but this might be an FB issue and not their fault).

But the good thing is the design is better and it has more features. There is hope for a next version :)

EDIT: Other parts dont seem to be that laggy. Its mainly the frontpage and probably due to the collapsing of the appbar, that slows down the panning of the panorama.

For me Panorama/without Panorama, the scrolling and panorama was a breeze! Could it be the internet connection difference? I am not sure about the notifications on mine yet. Ironically not a single notification yet :(
Message loading is much improved that last version, it could defo be better though.

Reactions: clmcad

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
I guess everyone is on there right now trying to download it at the same time. I get a message that reads " We couldn't load engough data to start the application. Please try again later." LOL....

c_h0use

Dec 22, 2010
Got the update also. Huge improvement from the older version, took them long enough though.

Sent from my SGH-i917R using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
For me Panorama/without Panorama, the scrolling and panorama was a breeze! Could it be the internet connection difference? I am not sure about the notifications on mine yet. Ironically not a single notification yet :(
Message loading is much improved that last version, it could defo be better though.

Well try panning the mainpage panorama from the news feed a full cycle back to the newsfeed. I mean horizontal panning, not the vertical scrolling itself (which is quite smooth). The horizontal panning freezes constantly and lags (Lumia 800). Which makes it a bit unpleasant to use...

Strike_Eagle

Oct 5, 2010
Pull-The-Man, WA
I have just downloaded and for sure it kicks asses.
But this just makes me confuse. Is Microsoft trying to integrate everything in WP Apollo?
i mean, mango is first step when we have Facebook and Twitter deep linked in ( notification through Me Hub), but why MS keep updating the apps ?
i don't mean this is a bad move, but does it makes people care less about the social - life ability of next Windows Phone build?
Or they just wanna drop some stuffs to temp fix what Mango can't do about Facebook at the moment and then include it in Apollo?

Sent from my TITAN X310e using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

weatherx

Feb 28, 2011
Well try panning the mainpage panorama from the news feed a full cycle back to the newsfeed. I mean horizontal panning, not the vertical scrolling itself (which is quite smooth). The horizontal panning freezes constantly and lags (Lumia 800). Which makes it a bit unpleasant to use...

dont know about you but panning on my DVP is much smoother if i swipe on the banner region instead of the contents region.

anseio

Oct 11, 2011
Seattle
I was just using the old app this morning and remarking at how pathetic it performs. This update is soooo much smoother.

RGBell

Dec 30, 2010
Change Banner image doesn't work

When I click on "Change Banner Image" nothing happens. Is this working for anyone else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Facebook should make a non-metro facebook app, like the iphone one, for wp7 users

No, no, no, no, no. No.

Sent from my SGH-I897
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht..._facebook_updating_its_windows_phone_app.html

EDIT - 23rd FEB - Version 2.4 fixes the issues with 'Events'.

The LONG awaited update makes facebook kickass! I just got one on my Titan. Exploring it, but so many visible changes already. Update this post soon. If anyone noticed changes do update us! :)

EDIT1: You can get it manually by going to marketplace and then facebook, press update
    It will forget your user ID and password, so re-log-in.

EDIT2: It's a complete revamp of the UI. Excellent speed... Now supports time line feature too!

EDIT3: supports groups and pages as well as very reliable checkin. Photo albums load as quick on 3G as on wifi in previous version, even faster! Still can't "poke" back from the app. Push notifications need testing though

I've already changed my rating and review and given it 5 stars. Hope most users do it too so that others get an idea of how good this official app has become! :D

Facebook should make a non-metro facebook app, like the iphone one, for wp7 users
    thats the best app.

touch.facebook.com worked but it seems to be down

This post below....

No, no, no, no, no. No.

Sent from my SGH-I897

... and ... No, no, no, no, no. No. No, no, no, no, no. No. No, no, no, no, no. No. Can't say that enough