Wifi AP

Search This thread

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
Does anyone know any apps that creates a Wifi AP? I am not talking about an Adhoc network that all apps I have used create, I want it to work like native tethering.

I am asking because I am using polish blood preRC, and I really want to use it full time, the only thing is native tethers do not work and all apps create an Adhoc network.

Normally this isn't a problem, however I wish to use my PS3 over my phone's 3G connection, this is where the problem comes in, the PS3 does not see Adhoc networks so most, if not all tether apps will not work.

I have tried to use connectify while I have a usb tether connected however the PS3 cannot connect to the internet, I also would prefer to avoid using my laptop as an AP.

So anyone know a decent Wifi tether app that will create an AP like native tethering, not an Adhoc network

Maczuga

Jan 10, 2012
veldaria.pl
Xiaomi Poco F3
Does anyone know any apps that creates a Wifi AP? I am not talking about an Adhoc network that all apps I have used create, I want it to work like native tethering.

I am asking because I am using polish blood preRC, and I really want to use it full time, the only thing is native tethers do not work and all apps create an Adhoc network.

Normally this isn't a problem, however I wish to use my PS3 over my phone's 3G connection, this is where the problem comes in, the PS3 does not see Adhoc networks so most, if not all tether apps will not work.

I have tried to use connectify while I have a usb tether connected however the PS3 cannot connect to the internet, I also would prefer to avoid using my laptop as an AP.

So anyone know a decent Wifi tether app that will create an AP like native tethering, not an Adhoc network

Don't use this ICS. It's still in very early stage of developement. It's only for money.. If you really need a ICS on your Swift, then try AOKP 4.0.3. by DevSwift. Probably an update will come very soon. I was using it on my swift for 1-2 weeks, and I was happy with it. Now I changed the whole phone.

sanmit

Feb 22, 2011
Don't use this ICS. It's still in very early stage of developement. It's only for money.. If you really need a ICS on your Swift, then try AOKP 4.0.3. by DevSwift. Probably an update will come very soon. I was using it on my swift for 1-2 weeks, and I was happy with it. Now I changed the whole phone.

It's wrong to say its for money.....all he does is a dedicated ftp server for donators....and a bit delayed public release.

Sent from my GT540 using xda premium

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
Back on topic, ps3 definitely will not see an adhoc network, just tried and when I scanned it didn't pick it up, when I entered my ssid manually it said it could not find it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my LG GT540 Swift using XDA

Reactions: darko94

darko94

Feb 10, 2011
Novi Bečej
Back on topic, ps3 definitely will not see an adhoc network, just tried and when I scanned it didn't pick it up, when I entered my ssid manually it said it could not find it.

Sorry for the mislead, PS3 doesn't work with ad hoc networks.
But here is a possible solution:

1)Download latest WiFi tether beta http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/detail?name=wifi_tether_v3_1-beta11.apk
2)Open it and then go to Settings
3)Change Device-Profile to Google NexusOne
4)Change Setup-Method to Netd (master)
5)Start tethering and that's it

Note: I haven't tested this on Mike's CM9 but it did work on CM7, so try it, and tell us if it works.
Just to warn you there is probability to get kernel panics with this settings.

EDIT: I have tested this on Mike's CM9 and can't get it to work. Simply wait till Mike fixes WiFi tethering, or flash CM7 or some other ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.