LG lucid 4gLte

Search This thread

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
I just got one of theses. Anyone know how to root? I had an LG thrill with acihazard 4 oc to 1300 that met with an unfortunate accident involving bricks. Loved that damn phone :,(
Sent from my VS840 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
Aw seriously? This phone seems to kick ass.
Tried to root it today but no luck. Not totally connected to the comp. It can see both drives but no USB "bug" icon in my notification bar. USB debugging on and unknown sources along with United mobile drivers.
Sent from my VS840 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

jupitertsax

Feb 17, 2011
Lucid Root

to root the lucid you can use
androidforums.com/lucid-all-things-root/533930-root-one-click-root-lg-lucid-4-18-12-a.html

make sure the usb mode is set to Internet Connection-> Ethernet. that will enable USB debugging

Reactions: whodisname

T3viin

Apr 11, 2011
I love it

As the title syas this phone does kickass. against the droid incredible 4g lte its got a better proccessor. so come on.. why isnt anything going for this phone,. atleast cyanogenmod ya know :(.. anything.. ics was promised by lg but that aint happening.

TJBunch1228

Feb 6, 2010
As the title syas this phone does kickass. against the droid incredible 4g lte its got a better proccessor. so come on.. why isnt anything going for this phone,. atleast cyanogenmod ya know :(.. anything.. ics was promised by lg but that aint happening.

I like the lucid too, but that is just nonsense. The Incredible 4G krait processor outperforms the lucid in every way.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

ry_t

Jul 14, 2011
ICS will eventually come to the Lucid,hopefully before the end of the year.Unless there's something I didn't hear about?

Sent from my VS840 4G using xda app-developers app

iolpiolp8

Dec 29, 2011
I know its old news by now, but if you have a lucid still, ICS is finally out for it. If you haven't installed yet, I would suggest the computer method, its a lot quicker than doing it OTA, which I couldn't even get to work right.

Reactions: TJBunch1228

sherlockpwnz

May 6, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
Lol to the guy above me. don't ya think it's kind of why they push these kind of updates out. they don't like third party tethering apps. then they can't track your data.

I wish we could find someone to figure a downgrade method to go back to 2.3.6 stock with root.

Rayk1080

Mar 3, 2012
I know its old news by now, but if you have a lucid still, ICS is finally out for it. If you haven't installed yet, I would suggest the computer method, its a lot quicker than doing it OTA, which I couldn't even get to work right.

I know you've likely long since moved on but if you don't mind, what exactly does this "computer method" entail?

Nevermind I found it lol http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/lucid_instructions.pdf

Last edited:

hackweed

Dec 4, 2010
Prescott, AZ
Does anybody know how to view the hidden menu on this phone? I am running the 4.0.4. Rooted and I still cannot figure out how to access it. All I really want is to turn off 4Glte on this phone because I live in a no 4G city and my battery is being wasted on 4G scanning. I have tried LTE toggle apps but they get blocked and a little notification saying "access to system info is prohibited " pops up. Being rooted I should have a way to bypass that, but I have no idea what file or app I need to edit to do so. If anyone out here can help me I will be forever grateful. The boys over at android forums have not been able to help. I'm beginning to think there is no hope. If anyone knows the secret code to view the hidden menu or just simply has a way to shut off the program that denies me from viewing system info it would be awesome. Going from a gnex to this in effort to get better battery life has backfired thus far.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
Does anybody know how to view the hidden menu on this phone? I am running the 4.0.4. Rooted and I still cannot figure out how to access it. All I really want is to turn off 4Glte on this phone because I live in a no 4G city and my battery is being wasted on 4G scanning. I have tried LTE toggle apps but they get blocked and a little notification saying "access to system info is prohibited " pops up. Being rooted I should have a way to bypass that, but I have no idea what file or app I need to edit to do so. If anyone out here can help me I will be forever grateful. The boys over at android forums have not been able to help. I'm beginning to think there is no hope. If anyone knows the secret code to view the hidden menu or just simply has a way to shut off the program that denies me from viewing system info it would be awesome. Going from a gnex to this in effort to get better battery life has backfired thus far.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this will work on this particular phone but Google "any cut apk" then install any cut and use create new shortcut option. This works one some phones not all.
Wow. I should have read this whole post huh!! Sorry any cut is still fun to play with for a few seconds tho!
I got jb but you should just be able to go to settings and then to mobile networks and change it from lte or global to cmda. That will hit you with 3g and not 4g.
Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

Last edited:

hackweed

Dec 4, 2010
Prescott, AZ
odisname;35164344]Not sure if this will work on this particular phone but Google "any cut apk" then install any cut and use create new shortcut option. This works one some phones not all.
Wow. I should have read this whole post huh!! Sorry any cut is still fun to play with for a few seconds tho!
I got jb but you should just be able to go to settings and then to mobile networks and change it from lte or global to cmda. That will hit you with 3g and not 4g.
Sent from my XT907 using xda premium[/QUOTE]

See there is no option to switch from 3g only to 4g/3g modes. That's why I am going crazy trying to find it. I have used any cut and other apps to be able to find this hidden "test mode" menu that I have been digging for. Unfortunately the phone info menu in this setting is still blocked. Every time I try to view it I get a little popup saying "access to phone info is prohobited" thus presenting my problem. I have root explorer and I am not afraid to use it. Does anybody here know what program or permission is prohibiting me? I will edit/delete it as soon as it is located. Nobody is prohibiting me from viewing settings on my phone... At least once I find out how to gain access to them.

xMrArnoldx

Mar 22, 2013
Everyone there's finally a rom for the lg lucid. Its cm10 so ics and it is amazing. You can even access the hidden menu in it easily with a bunch of other good features

-------------
I am a dishonest man, and you can always honestly trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly it's the honest ones you have to watch out for.

Reactions: whodisname

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lucid Root

to root the lucid you can use
    androidforums.com/lucid-all-things-root/533930-root-one-click-root-lg-lucid-4-18-12-a.html

make sure the usb mode is set to Internet Connection-> Ethernet. that will enable USB debugging
    Everyone there's finally a rom for the lg lucid. Its cm10 so ics and it is amazing. You can even access the hidden menu in it easily with a bunch of other good features

-------------
    I am a dishonest man, and you can always honestly trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly it's the honest ones you have to watch out for.