[RESOLVED] Used Photon Q SOD on stock rom?

Search This thread

Talon65442

Nov 2, 2011
Portland, OR
Yes, I used the search function...
no hits on 'wake up' and only 1 hit in all of the entire forum+sub forums using 'sleep of death' or 'sod' and it seems that
arrrghhh hasn't seen anyone with SOD issues on this phone.
I've got about 2 weeks left to return this phone if needed...

As stated, stock ROM (came with ...ASA-10 pre-installed, OTA'd to ...ASA14).
SODs on both.
Only seems to be occurring after 4 or 6+ hours of sleep (less than that wakes ok)
No, pressing power button several times does not wake.
No indication of changing volume if volume buttons are pressed (I've had devices that forgot to turn the screen back on when they woke).
HAVE to press and hold Power+Vol Down to hard boot phone.
Airplane Mode is on (phone isn't yet activated).
USB Debugging = on
Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and Sync = on

Should I even try hooking to ADB for a Logcat (that will be massive) or just try to return it as it is not fully funtional as is?
Should I just unlock bootloader, root, flash a ROM (probably JB for now) as I was planning to do eventually anyhow? (kinda waiting for a fully stable KK ROM so I don't have to try each one and then flash multiple nightlies until a stable comes out)

*Edit* Addtional info:
Bought in 'fair' condition, only minor concern was a half-peeled back cover (top half).
Issue has occured from day 1 (about 10 days).
Every morning I have to hard boot.
Plugged or unplugged does not affect any change, still SODs after 4-6+ hours.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Any reason you're not on the latest stock ROM?

That would be my only suggestion. However, from what you describe it sounds like a defective device. Have you tried doing a full wipe/restore of stock with RSD Lite?

Perhaps try that, and flash the latest FFW-8 or whatever its called.

Talon65442

Nov 2, 2011
Portland, OR
Uu0Kxv
Any reason you're not on the latest stock ROM?

That would be my only suggestion. However, from what you describe it sounds like a defective device. Have you tried doing a full wipe/restore of stock with RSD Lite?

Perhaps try that, and flash the latest FFW-8 or whatever its called.
Thought I was, Motorola Device Manager says there are no updates.
I wanted to make sure all was well before doing any S/W changes that may affect anything.
Will RSD Lite (using RSD Lite 6.1.5 + MTK Patch?) to asanti_c_sprint-user-4.1.2-9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5-6-release-keys-cid9.xml.zip and get back.

Last edited: