Usb Mass Storage with 4.4.2

Search This thread

vort

Mar 1, 2011
Hello everyone.

With the 4.4.2 update my Galaxy S4, I lost the usb mass storage. We know this mode no longer existed for some time on Android, but it was still apps that could run this mode. But since the shift, at all. All the apps I've found does not work in this mode. When I activate the application, my card appears on the browser, but is unreachable. So I'm stuck for some devices. So question, how can I do to have this new mode? (I do not like the PTP and MTP mode, these modes do not work there and a lower rate too). Thank you in advance for your help.

And sorry for my bad english.

RubbaBand

Mar 24, 2014
Benghazi
there is no USB MASS STORAGE for the GALAXY S4 !
there is only SDCARD0 (emulated) & SDCARD1 (sdcard)
try to wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache then flash the Stock rom VIA Odin :good:

vort

Mar 1, 2011
there is no USB MASS STORAGE for the GALAXY S4 !
there is only SDCARD0 (emulated) & SDCARD1 (sdcard)
try to wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache then flash the Stock rom VIA Odin :good:

Yes, I know that usb mass storage does not exist for the Galaxy S4, which is why an application was to solve this problem. But since the update to version 4.4.2, the card is mounted (it recorded in the commercial my windows explorer as well as other devices) but is however not accessible. Do you think that doing a wipe data / factory could possibly fix it? Because I have a lot of data (sms, memo, and application data) I do not want to lose.

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
Yes, I know that usb mass storage does not exist for the Galaxy S4, which is why an application was to solve this problem. But since the update to version 4.4.2, the card is mounted (it recorded in the commercial my windows explorer as well as other devices) but is however not accessible. Do you think that doing a wipe data / factory could possibly fix it? Because I have a lot of data (sms, memo, and application data) I do not want to lose.

What do you mean that it's not accessible? That applications can't right data to it? If so try this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2436494&page=2

vort

Mar 1, 2011
What do you mean that it's not accessible? That applications can't right data to it? If so try this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2436494&page=2

When I am in windows explorer, I have a removable disk that appears, so far it's good. However, if I try to access the records, I have a message that the drive does not exist, the removable disk icon is transparant while with 4.3 it worked quietly. However, I will test the solution you say, it could possibly help in the process to follow.

EDIT: Apparently it works if the rom is a rom google, which is not my case. I was able to change the permission of the file, but it does nothing more.

Last edited:

RubbaBand

Mar 24, 2014
Benghazi
You can backup you SMS, CALL LOGS, CONTACTS, APPS, by app Called "Easy Backup"
And backup your photos & videos manually
Now You need to flash stock firmware again after wiping data &cache

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

And I almost forgot about S memo
after you signin with Samsung account the S memo will be backedup automatically ;)

Bocskay

Apr 28, 2014
Budapest
Hi,
I know my question maybe not correct here but i'm so desperate.
My screen is broken but the phone still working!
Is there any chance to access my memos, notes which i created with Smemo and Snote.
Unfortunately using my Samsung account does not convert my Smemos from S4 to Galaxy S5.:(
Thx in advance

RubbaBand

Mar 24, 2014
Benghazi
Hi,
I know my question maybe not correct here but i'm so desperate.
My screen is broken but the phone still working!
Is there any chance to access my memos, notes which i created with Smemo and Snote.
Unfortunately using my Samsung account does not convert my Smemos from S4 to Galaxy S5.:(
Thx in advance

Easy, just connect your phone to pc then copy the files