Possibility of dual booting android and windows xp on our device

Search This thread

aaronjasper49

Mar 10, 2013
Lapu-lapu
hi there the possibilities for our device is endless it is definitely possible for our to dual boot windows xp and android with our device maybe we could make it run on our armv7 processor if someone is able to do this project i can help

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
hi there the possibilities for our device is endless it is definitely possible for our to dual boot windows xp and android with our device maybe we could make it run on our armv7 processor if someone is able to do this project i can help

Windows XP ? Impossible not going to happen, not worth the effort.
Windows 8 RT, Possible, not worth the effort..
Recommendation: If you need or really want to have both, buy a Lenovo or Dell WIndows 8.1 tablet for less than $200 and you will be much happier.

Last edited:

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
Development Level: Lazy N00b

So you want to Dualboot Windows XP and Android ?
May I know which device you've ?

One thing is sure, YOU CANT DO THAT ON A TAB
Many members including myself got idea of running Windows 8 x86 on Tab 3 10.1 since it have a 32Bits kernel, but nothing happened.

muhagl

Jun 24, 2014
Never

I think this will never happen, because of mainly two things:

1. No drivers available, you would have to write them all cause there are no preconfigured ones.
2. Windows is closed source.

You would need to be a Dev at Samsung, otherwise you will never have an insight into the specific hardware of those devices. Samsung but also Intel (in case of the 10.1) don't publish most of their documents.

M

moonbutt74

No.

hey,

if you want to really understand what windows xp will be like run it through an emulator.
now, don't get me wrong, i loved windows xp, hated everything before it hated everything after it.
apple is bull****.
Linux is beautiful.
Android is commerce riddled slop and needs to die a horrible flamey cinematic death accompanied by bad lighting
and a third rate orchestra trying to play anything while being fed into the woodchipper of your choice. :D
anyway the point outside of my ranting is, maybe yes but seriously no.
as soon as i figure out how to get a decent lightweight linux distro running on this thing then i might be able to
get wine going. better to get a windows-able tablet pc and dual-boot android x86.

m

Last edited: