[Q] Somewhat bricked my phone, but maybe recoverable?

Search This thread

bobDOLLE

Jan 15, 2014
So after following 18 guides on trying to unlock my phone, I think I bricked it *gets stuck at HTC screen*

The current state I am in is, I have Clockwork mod installed and I can still get into the Hboot, but it says my device is an Ace... i'm not sure why. Anyway I was getting frustrated and I think I formatted my /system on my phone. What can I do to get it back or restore my phone?

- I have access to CWM and Hboot

Thank you for your help.

bobDOLLE

Jan 15, 2014

It's more like what haven't I done.

The latest things I did was use Clockwork Mod and I formatted everything including my /system/ folder. I did this because I was fed up and my root attempts had broken my WiFi so I wanted to get back to square 1 and try again.

Can I restore an original ROM and get rid of Clockwork Mod, if all I can really access right now is Hboot and Clockwork mod?

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
Formatting system does not go back to square one. Did you unlock your bootloader with HTCDev? If so, did you relock? Did you try to S-Off, and if so, with AAHK? AAHK2? Manually? Did you root? Did you flash a recovery other than CWM? Did you flash the right version? Those things could all matter. That's why I'd like to know exactly what you did.

If you can't remember, boot into the bootloader. What does it say?

bobDOLLE

Jan 15, 2014
Formatting system does not go back to square one. Did you unlock your bootloader with HTCDev? If so, did you relock? Did you try to S-Off, and if so, with AAHK? AAHK2? Manually? Did you root? Did you flash a recovery other than CWM? Did you flash the right version? Those things could all matter. That's why I'd like to know exactly what you did.

If you can't remember, boot into the bootloader. What does it say?

I tried AAHK initially but it was not working.

I unlocked with HTCDev. I got the CID key and it said it was successful.
I don't think I relocked, not on purpose anyway.
I tried to S-off with this method:

Code:
boot to recovery (yes, the screen may well be blank, but adb should work fine)
adb push gfree /tmp/
adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/gfree
adb shell /tmp/gfree -f   >> yeilds – s-off, supercid, sim-unlock

However when I tried this I got an error at the end

Code:
Attempting to power cycle eMMC… Failed. 
No such directory

That should have been the last step and I would have been golden. However since it did not work, and because the guy does not support these actions, I found a much simpler application to do S-OFF and root all in one. However now that application says my phone is a device called "ace" and it will not work, which is why I was trying to go backwards.

And I only just saw now that AAHK2 is out........ ugh. I just want to go back to the beginning. I will post why my phone says in recovery mode to provide more info when I get home.

Thanks for the help so far.

bobDOLLE

Jan 15, 2014
Also would anyone know how I could get my hands on the original rom that would come with a Telus HTC DHD?

like what bananagranola said..you must show us what the state of your phone bootloader now..then we can continued help and guide you what the next step you must to do..

just turn on your phone with pressing and hold volume down+power until get inside phone bootloader..then you can tell us what the state is..?
example like this..:

**UNLOCKED**
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
Hboot -2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RAdio -26.14.04.28_M
Emmc-boot
Sep 7 2011 ,19:0:24

bobDOLLE

Jan 15, 2014
Here is what it says

Code:
UNLOCKED
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0029
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot
Dec 22 2011,14:28:19

bobDOLLE

Jan 15, 2014
Ok good news! I used clockwork recover to bring my phone back to something... hopefully it was smart. I bought it to this

DHD_WWE_3.12.405.1_STOCK_rooted_by_nitr00

My wifi is still broken, when I go to it it jsut says error. Could this be a bad Radio version?

My current software version is
3.0 htc sense
software is 3.12.405.1_rooted_by_nitr00

What steps should I take now that I am in this position? I am still trying to get my phone in a state that I can use my Rogers sim card. Currently I cannot find any networks with my card. I am still at the above stats, S-ON, etc..

Last edited:
Ok good news! I used clockwork recover to bring my phone back to something... hopefully it was smart. I bought it to this

DHD_WWE_3.12.405.1_STOCK_rooted_by_nitr00

My wifi is still broken, when I go to it it jsut says error. Could this be a bad Radio version?

My current software version is
3.0 htc sense
software is 3.12.405.1_rooted_by_nitr00

What steps should I take now that I am in this position? I am still trying to get my phone in a state that I can use my Rogers sim card. Currently I cannot find any networks with my card. I am still at the above stats, S-ON, etc..
firstly to debrand you phone is you can try AAHK2 script method, you can look in this thread.. just try look and read carefully before running that script..

hope this help..