[Q] How do I root this phone and install CWM without softbricking?

Search This thread

DJ Scooby Doo

Apr 13, 2012
New York City
lockergnome.net
As I wrote on my previous question, I softbricked my phone yesterday when I installed BusyBox X and CWM recovery on my phone. I got a replacement phone and I am cautious on bricking the phone. I am trying to figure out if I did a wrong combo in installing these two things. I had this phone in the summer and I'm trying to remember from memory how this goes.

First I installed LGPwn and rooted it that way, then I installed BusyBox X and pressed the button that said install, finally I installed the L9 bootstrap recovery and rebooted. Then I proceeded to install 2 zip files, 1) Black Status Bar tweak by Mateo1111 and 2) Hide QApps also by Mateo1111. I restarted the phone and was greeted with the error of com.android.phone has stopped and encrypted/ reset phone. Did I do anything wrong? If so, please help me out!

The problem you had was actually with busybox. I had the same problem after I rooted my L9. I rooted and then installed busybox and everything seemed fine, I then booted to cwm and made a nandroid backup, then after booting back to android os, I was greeted with "Encrypting - Reset Phone" To recover from this, I booted back to recovery and restored the backup and then everything was fine. When it comes to busybox the L9 is very particular. Mine wouldn't work with busybox by stericson I had to use busybox x. If you tried busybox x and had that problem you might want to try busybox by stericson and install version 1.21.0 and use smart install.

Reactions: DJ Scooby Doo

DJ Scooby Doo

Apr 13, 2012
New York City
lockergnome.net
The problem you had was actually with busybox. I had the same problem after I rooted my L9. I rooted and then installed busybox and everything seemed fine, I then booted to cwm and made a nandroid backup, then after booting back to android os, I was greeted with "Encrypting - Reset Phone" To recover from this, I booted back to recovery and restored the backup and then everything was fine. When it comes to busybox the L9 is very particular. Mine wouldn't work with busybox by stericson I had to use busybox x. If you tried busybox x and had that problem you might want to try busybox by stericson and install version 1.21.0 and use smart install.

Thanks for your reply! I did install the other version of BusyBox by Stericson and it worked flawlessly. No errors so far, and I have my phone set up the way I like it.

Reactions: xdrc45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for your reply! I did install the other version of BusyBox by Stericson and it worked flawlessly. No errors so far, and I have my phone set up the way I like it.
    Awesome... Glad I could be of help.