What Is This?

Search This thread

Kamau54

Mar 30, 2011
From where the wind begins....
It was in the box, but I can't find anything to say what it's for. uploadfromtaptalk1393699805534.jpg

Coming from where the wind begins.....

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
The tips confused me as well, not all note models came with them in the box.

0.1 Coffee: All users will wait for mods to finish their coffee before causing problems.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

Thread cleaned, additional cleaning comes with infractions.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
I have actually noticed that as well. It only happens on XDA on Chrome... I have no idea what it is.

Sent from my SM-N9005A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Kamau54

Kamau54

Mar 30, 2011
Ok, thanks for the info. Also, if any mods are having a problem with me asking multiple questions in this thread instead of creating new ones, please let me know. I just thought this is much simpler & cleaner.
Anyway, one more question. I have noticed that a majority of the roms say "MJ5", whereas my phone is "NB4". Does this mean that they are not compatible with my phone?

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
You need Safestrap to install ROMs. I believe I saw something that said it does not work at this time with the latest version.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You need Safestrap to install ROMs. I believe I saw something that said it does not work at this time with the latest version.

thats wrong safestrap works fine with nb4 thats what i have on my phone it was i very minor update from mj5 and i am running firenote rom with no problems safestrap doesnt work with kitkat roms yet but drakeymcmb came up with a work around

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
I stand corrected, then.

I am also working on a method to get KK from International and T-Mobile to be fully functional with SS. Hitting some roadblocks though...

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Oh yeah! I forgot. They didn't change the bootloaders. Derp

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I stand corrected, then.

I am also working on a method to get KK from International and T-Mobile to be fully functional with SS. Hitting some roadblocks though...

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

yeah basiclly it was just a modem update with afew bug fixs

Kamau54

Mar 30, 2011
Yea, I downloaded Safestrap, but I was just concerned that the Roms I saw said mj5. I thought that they may have not been compatible with the newer version nb4.

DrAzzy

Aug 7, 2011
Re: mangled text on XDA forums - I notice that too on some zoom settings. I've seen it on XDA, and maybe one or two other sites since I got the Note3 in october. Only on Chrome - I always assumed it was a general issue with a bug in Chrome for Android's text scaling not playing well with certain sites (though it struck me as odd that XDA didn't address this, since like, it's a site dedicated to android mobile devices). Is it unique to the Note3?

Jan 24, 2014
Orlando
Re: mangled text on XDA forums - I notice that too on some zoom settings. I've seen it on XDA, and maybe one or two other sites since I got the Note3 in october. Only on Chrome - I always assumed it was a general issue with a bug in Chrome for Android's text scaling not playing well with certain sites (though it struck me as odd that XDA didn't address this, since like, it's a site dedicated to android mobile devices). Is it unique to the Note3?

I have a feeling it has to do with their web design code. It's the spacing on the font. I'm not at my computer right now or else I could tell you the exact line of code that it is. I'll have a look a little later, but I do to think there's anything you can do about it, Pretty sure it's a a code they have to edit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It was in the box, but I can't find anything to say what it's for. View attachment 2608078

Stylus tip replacements and tool to do the job.
    The tips confused me as well, not all note models came with them in the box.

0.1 Coffee: All users will wait for mods to finish their coffee before causing problems.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

Thread cleaned, additional cleaning comes with infractions.
    I stand corrected, then.

I have actually noticed that as well. It only happens on XDA on Chrome... I have no idea what it is.