Goldcard by viperbjk

Search This thread

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
here is a way to get every stock rom on your HD7 phone.
(I tested it and it works :D)

Happy XMAS :

Go and get your WM7 or Android goldcard for free :

Link to the goldcard generator

In order to use the WM7 goldcard, just use an Host USB Cable (Developer Y-Cable) and connect a sdcard reader to it.

Edit :
For those who do not understand how to use the goldcard :

- Use any sdcard and a wm5 or android device to make the goldcard (Yet we do not know how to read the cid using WM7)
- Buy a Mini USB On the go Y-Cable like this one :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLOCK-USB-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1292614709&sr=8-1
Also buy a converter from standard usb to micro usb.
OR build a usb otg host cable by yourself.
- Get an external usb sdcard reader
- Connect the cable this way : Phone is connected to 1x usb sdcard reader and 1x usb port for power.
Then you can use your newly generated goldcard for flashing any HTC OEM Rom :)

WBR,
Viper BJK

Flash using your old wm phone

Hi
i have successfuly unbrand my vodafone trophy using my htc HD2 as disk drive and GoldCardTool.
Here simple schematic and tool to unbrand all htc 7 Device with any device detected as usb mass storage.
this also work with a windows mobile device or a card reader.

attachment.php

1-Found the CID of your card.
insert your micro sd into an android device (i've do this on hd2)
connect it to your computer as disk drive with usb debug on
then press get cid into Gold Card Tool.exe
we need reversing CID to create img .

2-Generate goldcard.img
go to the link provide by Gold Card Tool.
add your mail, the CID and select Windows mobile 7
Press the Generate button
the goldcard.img is send to your mail box.
Load it to Gold Card Tool
select your android storage letter & press patch MMC.

3-Found HTC original Rom for your Device
Extract exe with winrar then rename Ruu_signed.nbh
to
-Sparimg.nbh for Trophy
-SCHUIMG.nbh for Schubert
- MONDIMG.nbh for Mondrian
- MOZAIMG.nbh for Mozart
copy it to your freshly created goldcard.

4-connect usb cable except the one for the wp7
boot your device into usb host mode(volume down + camera on Trophy)
and connect the last usb cable.
the screen of your wp7 look like this if all work.
attachment.php

with this you can flash official HTC rom on your Vodafone ,O2,Orange...operator device.
i have also flash Spl from official rom to my vodafone Trophy by this way but always a vendor id error with the official updater!!
i'm searching why!

GoldCardTool 0.0.5

tested on Trophy,hd7,Mozart,HTC Surround.
thx viperbjk for the original thread.

Cees.
To get your CID you need a wm 6.* phone and PSAS http://psas.revskills.de/
1) format your sd-card (fat32 and not bigger then 1GB) and put it in a wm6.* phone and sync it with the pc.
2) Install PSAS and run as admin.
3) goto calculators/generators
4) goto select a device key (pick any)
5) hit the "get sd card serial from WINCE device"
6) copy the generated key and paste it in "SD Card Serial (CID): *"on the goldcard generator web-page.

If you buy the software you can make your goldcards yourself http://psas.revskills.de/?q=payment
Just to clear things up :

1. The goldcard generator works currently for all WM7 HTC phones, including Mozart, Gold and Schubert.

2. Connect the y-cable with sdcard reader and inserted goldcard, connect power usb to notebook or charger.

3. Press camera+volume down+power on to enter the bootloader in host mode.

If you haven't got a y-cable (otg), you can build it by yourself, see attachment.

attachment.php

The ruu_signed.nbh should be stored on the goldcard with the filename :

- SCHUIMG.nbh for Schubert
- MOZAIMG.nbh for Mozart

And the goldcard should be in the sdcard reader connected to usb cable.

And SPARIMG.nbh for Trophy
Tested on all 4 devices
Thank you!

Last edited:

Adam86

This is my post from one of the other topics as goldcard method worked a treat for me :)

Thanks to the help of xboxmod I have now managed to create a goldcard and flash my O2 Branded HD7 into the HTC Europe Unbranded Model.

He did say he was going to put together a post explaining what he had done, but he hasn't done this yet and I dont want to steal his thunder but I am just wanting to put together what I have done to try and help out others.

Basically the cable I used was a 2 USB Y to Mini USB Cable - they normally come with portable 2.5inch hard drives - I bought a Female to Female USB Coupler earlier on in the day which then allowed me to chain my micro USB cable so the phone could be plugged in. Initially I was trying the card reader I had for flashing but it wasnt working, probably because it was a multi reader and not just SD. After XboxMod said he managed to do it directly from his WM6 phone I decided to try this (I have a HTC Diamond 2 and a HTC Touch Pro).

I tried all evening with a 2gb MicroSD card, but it didnt work at all. So in the end I used a 1GB MicroSD.

Anyway this is basically what I did, its late now over here so I'll be brief.

I had problems with PSAS in getting the SD CID, so in the end used my girlfriends Android phone and a cool little utility called goldcard helper (or something to that name) when I compared it with the results I was getting in PSAS the issue seemed to be that PSAS was reversing the CID as required, but instead of my digits been two 0's at the start like they should have been, they were two 2's instead. So I dont know if that helps anyone, if they have similar problems. More testing is probably needed.

I formatted the memory card to FAT32.

I used Windows Mobile for all this process so once again in PSAS I went into the WINCE card tools while the phone was set to ActiveSync and then selected write image file and chose the goldcard.img

Once this was done I then switched back to diskmode, copied goldcard.img to the storage card (not sure if this is needed) and then copied the HTC_Europe ROM for the device. I then renamed it to SCHUIMG.nbh.

I plugged the mini USB into the end of my Y Cable, and plugged power into from a USB on my PC. Then lastly booted into USB Host mode on the HD7 (power, volume down, camera) - make sure you keep it held down right until the screen comes up.

It then stats on the screen SCHUIMG.nbh and begins flashing - takes about 10 minutes - at the end of it I now have a unbranded HD7 :)

Thanks to the help of xboxmod this evening, and thanks to the original poster for pointing out the WP7 goldcard method.

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
I could make a WP7 app to display the CID if you like?

that isn't possible I think because we need the CID from the external sd card .
we use the external sd card for flashing.

the internal sd card is of no use for flashing .

it would be better to make a simple app that can find the cid from sd cards connected to the pc.

Reactions: Rouz.

Claws.

Nov 29, 2010
I found that the easiest way for me to get the CID was to put the microSD in my Android phone (SE X10 mini) and download a small app for it. Easy way to do it if you have an Android phone lying around at home.

/Claws

OK, so, I have gotten the CID of the card using the above method, gone to the site, gotten my goldcard image sent, then using PSAS to write the goldimage file to the card (as I don't have a android phone) which is says was succesful, only thing is I can't copy the rom onto it as the card is not not being detected as formatted.

Huh?

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
OK, so, I have gotten the CID of the card using the above method, gone to the site, gotten my goldcard image sent, then using PSAS to write the goldimage file to the card (as I don't have a android phone) which is says was succesful, only thing is I can't copy the rom onto it as the card is not not being detected as formatted.

Huh?

do you have a sd card reader ?

if so then format it using your pc and copy the .img (goldcard) and the *.nbh on the sd card .

only use tools to get the cid , ( you can copy everything manually )

Adam86

Huh?

What size SD card are you using?

Cool, thanks, got a cable that will do it and a sd card reader, just need to wait for a female to female USB connector to be delivered tomorrow and then I'm set to go, then I'm just gonna flash the latest HTC Europe ROM onto it with the latest Radio, etc. It's a O2 HD7 at moment.

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
Cool, thanks, got a cable that will do it and a sd card reader, just need to wait for a female to female USB connector to be delivered tomorrow and then I'm set to go, then I'm just gonna flash the latest HTC Europe ROM onto it with the latest Radio, etc. It's a O2 HD7 at moment.

just remember one thing : radio numbers don't say anything on HTC (higher numbers don't mean newer ):mad:

also locations can get different radios .

Adam86

I wouldnt bother mate, I have a O2 HD7 and flashed the European ROM, and have now gone back to O2 ROM.

The keyboard is set to US layout, and can only be changed to a couple of other languages, which means characters like £ are missing and thus quite an annoyance really.

I didnt spot any other things but I dont understand why HTC Europe ROM would be like this, I'd assume this would be what you'd get on a unbranded model straight from somewhere like Expansys but its not the case according to ansar - take a look at the last couple of pages of this thread for more information:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=888747&page=5

Cheers

Not so much bothered about the missing £ Symbol, and to be honest I think I'm actually gonna flash the Telstra ROM and then the Europe Radio package like in point number 8 on his instructions which will let me play with this interesting stuff that comes with that ROM, whilst still having a European radio set.

Oh, and I agree, I don't see why all english roms would not have a US Keyboard & UK Keyboard layout. Seems like common sense to me. Maybe not lol ........

dorianmuthig

Mar 21, 2010
Estenfeld
www.dorianmuthig.com
Ok, I've got no idea in what format your goldcard generator would like its CID or SD card serial number, but I tried all kinds of common notations of printed and embedded serial numbers which always gave me a "please enter a valid cid".

Here's a dump from a 512MB microSD card I had lying around:
Code:
\\.\PhysicalDrive1 H:\
--------------------
Raw CID Bytes: 86-00-AF-14-0A-00-10-41-32-55-31-35-53-48-60-00
--------------------
Manufacturer ID: 60
OEM ID: HS
Product Name: 51U2A
Product Revision: 1.0
Product Serial Number: 000a14af
Manufacture Date: 6/2008
--------------------
Raw CSD Bytes: 00-40-96-9F-7F-B7-ED-BB-83-59-5F-32-00-2F-00-00
--------------------
CSD Version 2 bit value: CSD Version 1.0
Data Read Access Time 1 (TAAC): 20ms
Data Read Access Time 2 (NSAC): 0
Max Data Transfer Rate: 25Mbit/s
Card Command Classes: 010111110101
Max Read Data Block Length: 9
Partial Blocks For Read Allowed: True
Write Block Misalignment: False
Read Block Misalignment: False
DSR Implemented: False
Device Size: 3823
Max Read Current @ VDD Min: 35mA
Max Read Current @ VDD Max: 45mA
Max Write Current @ VDD Min: 35mA
Max Write Current @ VDD Max: 45mA
Device Size Multiplier: 14
Erase Single Block Enable: True
Erase Sector Size: 128
Write Protect Group Size: 32
Write Protect Group Enable: True
Write Speed Factor: 32
Max Write Data Block Length: 2^9
Partial Blocks For Write Allowed: False
File Format Group: False
Copy Flag (OTP): False
Permanent Write Protection: False
Temporary Write Protection: False
File Format: 0
What serial/CID do you need?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here is a way to get every stock rom on your HD7 phone.
    (I tested it and it works :D)

Happy XMAS :

Go and get your WM7 or Android goldcard for free :

Link to the goldcard generator

In order to use the WM7 goldcard, just use an Host USB Cable (Developer Y-Cable) and connect a sdcard reader to it.

Edit :
    For those who do not understand how to use the goldcard :

- Use any sdcard and a wm5 or android device to make the goldcard (Yet we do not know how to read the cid using WM7)
    - Buy a Mini USB On the go Y-Cable like this one :
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLOCK-USB-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1292614709&sr=8-1
    Also buy a converter from standard usb to micro usb.
    OR build a usb otg host cable by yourself.
    - Get an external usb sdcard reader
    - Connect the cable this way : Phone is connected to 1x usb sdcard reader and 1x usb port for power.
    Then you can use your newly generated goldcard for flashing any HTC OEM Rom :)

WBR,
    Viper BJK

Flash using your old wm phone

Hi
    i have successfuly unbrand my vodafone trophy using my htc HD2 as disk drive and GoldCardTool.
    Here simple schematic and tool to unbrand all htc 7 Device with any device detected as usb mass storage.
    this also work with a windows mobile device or a card reader.

attachment.php

1-Found the CID of your card.
    insert your micro sd into an android device (i've do this on hd2)
    connect it to your computer as disk drive with usb debug on
    then press get cid into Gold Card Tool.exe
    we need reversing CID to create img .

2-Generate goldcard.img
    go to the link provide by Gold Card Tool.
    add your mail, the CID and select Windows mobile 7
    Press the Generate button
    the goldcard.img is send to your mail box.
    Load it to Gold Card Tool
    select your android storage letter & press patch MMC.

3-Found HTC original Rom for your Device
    Extract exe with winrar then rename Ruu_signed.nbh
    to
    -Sparimg.nbh for Trophy
    -SCHUIMG.nbh for Schubert
    - MOZAIMG.nbh for Mozart
    copy it to your freshly created goldcard.

4-connect usb cable except the one for the wp7
    boot your device into usb host mode(volume down + camera on Trophy)
    and connect the last usb cable.
    the screen of your wp7 look like this if all work.
    attachment.php

with this you can flash official HTC rom on your Vodafone ,O2,Orange...operator device.
    i have also flash Spl from official rom to my vodafone Trophy by this way but always a vendor id error with the official updater!!
    i'm searching why!

GoldCardTool 0.0.5

tested on Trophy,hd7,Mozart,HTC Surround.
    thx viperbjk for the original thread.

Cees.
    To get your CID you need a wm 6.* phone and PSAS http://psas.revskills.de/
    1) format your sd-card (fat32 and not bigger then 1GB) and put it in a wm6.* phone and sync it with the pc.
    2) Install PSAS and run as admin.
    3) goto calculators/generators
    4) goto select a device key (pick any)
    5) hit the "get sd card serial from WINCE device"
    6) copy the generated key and paste it in "SD Card Serial (CID): *"on the goldcard generator web-page.

If you buy the software you can make your goldcards yourself http://psas.revskills.de/?q=payment
    Just to clear things up :

1. The goldcard generator works currently for all WM7 HTC phones, including Mozart, Gold and Schubert.

2. Connect the y-cable with sdcard reader and inserted goldcard, connect power usb to notebook or charger.

3. Press camera+volume down+power on to enter the bootloader in host mode.

If you haven't got a y-cable (otg), you can build it by yourself, see attachment.

attachment.php

The ruu_signed.nbh should be stored on the goldcard with the filename :

- SCHUIMG.nbh for Schubert
    - MOZAIMG.nbh for Mozart

And the goldcard should be in the sdcard reader connected to usb cable.

And SPARIMG.nbh for Trophy
    Tested on all 4 devices
    Thank you!
    Is it possible to flash custom rom with goldcard method?

No u cant and dont try...
    This is my setup and where I got them from - not the only solution I know but I can verify that all this works perfectly which might help others who feel unsure as to what will and wont work. I found these by a bit of trial and error so thought I would help others save some time and money from buying kit that doesnt work

Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Adaptor USB 2.0 Upto 16GB £0.99 pence !!

USB GENDER Changer USB A Female to A Female New UK £2.99

USB Y Cable for External Hard Drive 2 USB A to Micro B £5.94

2GB SANDISK MICRO SD SDHC MEMORY CARD ONLY FOR MOBILE £3.18

The red USB plug goes to PC.
    Gender changer goes on the black USB and allows the card reader to be attached.
    The micro usb goes to HD7
    The SanDisk 2GB micro-sd card works a treat as goldcard.

Hope this helps others who are unsure about what kit works and doesnt :)
    I could make a WP7 app to display the CID if you like?
    Excuse me, does it mean that if I haven't got an external card reader, my WM 6.x smartphone can serve as a card reader (with Y-cable use)? Or a laptop's internal card reader may be used and then HD7 connected to laptop via simple USB?

You can use some old Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5 compatible phones, yes. You cannot use an integrated card reader from your laptop (though, a desktop PC one, like they ship with certain PC cases, might work, if you find a mainboard plug to USB-A adapter for it).