[OFFICIAL]Desire S gets official ICS!!!

Search This thread

qpkqkma

Nov 13, 2011
Žilina
HTC remain me Nokia about 2-3 years ago. Nokia was releasing plenty of new phones, 5800 to C3, C5, etc etc etc........and support every of them about 1 year :(
There was many disgusted customers writing all over the internet.....HTC´s on the same spot right now.

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
Whoa whoa whoa, calm down man, i don't see any reason to go crazy about a low end device :p HTC never stated that our device was low..

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester

eyahl

Jan 11, 2012
berlin
Baaah.. Desire c.. What's that?? Stupid HTC should give Android 4.0 to the ds rather than creating a new device with lower specs!!

Sent by my fingers to your head.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
But you've already paid for the DS, right?

How'd they milk more money out of you without trying to sell you a new phone with the newer OS?:p

Welcome back mate! :p

Not too bothered about it, I'm just bothered about the stupid name. Desire C?! Wtf does C stand for? Seriously, the people at HTC have no imagination. Couldn't they have thought of another name? They have killed the Desire brand! It used to be a premium brand, then now its a lowend brand now... :(

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
Desire C = Desire Cheap
Or Desire Crap xD

Something came to mind when i used a Sense 3.6 ROM today. I know it's not really a good explanation, but what if HTC is actually trying their best to deliver the Sense 3.6 update to us? What if, they just don't have enough people to make the update for so many devices and get them out so quick? All the dual core devices are done, ours is definitely the next to recieve the update. Isn't it gonna take a LOT of work? All the apps they currently have are either for a higher resolution or for a massive 4.7 inch screen. Believe me, they need to remake all stock apps, its just not the same experience as on a ROM for a 3.7 inch device (Primo). Plus, they need to completely change the memory management sytems to make it smooth on devices with lower RAM. Of course, they aren't completely innocent, they brought this upon themseles by making so many devices in the first place. Just a thought.

Sent from a device waiting for Kernel 3, WAKE UP HTC

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net
There is some news on www.htc.com/cn/help/ site.
software-note.png

Can anyone see whats it saying?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all that are interested.

1. "There is no info that HTC are dealing with bugs"
    In May there was an European RUU leak, European version, test keys. It was released here by mdeejay, and despite the fact that the developer made some cleanup and included the latest firmware it was not very well running and got issues. The kernel was not very stable to use on other ROMs as well. This was a real evidence that HTC have still quite some work to do dealing with bugs

2. "Difference between the Chinese and European release"
    Besides the language the Chinese version has zero Google integration. None. They do not use Google apps and services there. Since Sense editions for the rest of the world have deep integration with Google, and taking into account the major changes that Google made to Android and their apps recently this presumes a lot of development and testing in terms of flawless functionality.

3. "HTC bastards are not giving the Source of the Chinese OTA to the devs to work with."
    Considering the previous two points we can assume that the worldwide edition of the kernel may be slightly different. They have to release the source for the Chinese OTA, according to the GPL license. But they have no need to release the source of the other firmware that was changed. Using the kernel source standalone may cause issues as well. HTC will never release something that may not work officially. This makes them the company that they are now and the reason we all bought their device. Because it is HTC, and despite the delay they do a great work

I hope the above will explain the delay for the doubtful :)
    If not than please continue the whining in the dedicated thread that was made exactly for this purpose in the Desire S General forum: [DISCUSSION] HTC Update policy

Sent from my HTC Desire S
    Will you please stop ?
    Everyday i come here to check whether the update appeared somewhere in the world.

Instead of that i read tons of bullsh*t. You can write your emotions and impressions about HTC to your diary.

thx
    Will you all just shut up! Do all this by PM's if you must, but not here.
    I cannot believe how much you guys are complaining about HTC. There isn't another mobile company providing updates any quicker compared to them. My flagship 2011 LG P990 was promised ICS in Q2, still nothing now and zero timelines are provided. You guys have it easy. Stop crying.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app