Too Many Pattern Attempts. Phone is locked. Can't login with email either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

derekb77

Feb 8, 2009
im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.

somehow the "too many pattern attempts" popped up and now its asking me to login with my username and password. ive tried my username by itself. i tried username@gmail.com (which i originally used to register the phone) and i tried username@googlemail.com (which i saw suggested in another post) and none of these work. anyone have any ideas? it just says "too many pattern attempts invalid username or password". i cant log back in.xi can still receive calls but cant get back to the home screen. im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.

Reactions: n8210c

Phromik

Nov 11, 2008
Even if you fail to enter the pattern correctly a few times, the lock should only be temporary. Although it sounds like you got permanently locked out, if I understand correctly... If it still doesn't take the username either, I'd just say reflash your phone with the update.zip

Reactions: arohanui

derekb77

Feb 8, 2009
usually it says wait 30 seconds and i can try the unlock pattern again. this is the first time its asked for my email address and password again. it happened last night so i waited until this morning and its still asking for my email address and password and wont login. i guess i'll try reflashing the phone. thanks. will report back.

Reactions: lander_14

derekb77

Feb 8, 2009
i can login to gmail.com with my existing password. i dont think i want to mess with trying to reset my pass.

Iceucold

Jan 19, 2008
Houston
This happened to me once before. It had slipped out of its case and ended up being flopped around my backpack. Apparently some things in my backpack attempted to unlock my phone. It gave me the gmail login screen like the OP and wouldn't accept my pass. I ended up pulling the battery, and waiting a few minutes before inserting it again. Worked just fine when I put the battery back in. Of course, neither myself, or the T-mobile rep I called knew what may have caused it.

13chris13

Dec 19, 2007

somehow the "too many pattern attempts" popped up and now its asking me to login with my username and password. ive tried my username by itself. i tried username@gmail.com (which i originally used to register the phone) and i tried username@googlemail.com (which i saw suggested in another post) and none of these work. anyone have any ideas? it just says "too many pattern attempts invalid username or password". i cant log back in.xi can still receive calls but cant get back to the home screen. im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.

this happend to me whenmy kid did this. in my cas, my e-mail is all capitals and it wasnt working the way exact way i spelled my email. just type in your e-mail all lower case letters, even if there are capitals. i did this and it worked. lemmie know if it works for you.

derekb77

Feb 8, 2009
this happend to me whenmy kid did this. in my cas, my e-mail is all capitals and it wasnt working the way exact way i spelled my email. just type in your e-mail all lower case letters, even if there are capitals. i did this and it worked. lemmie know if it works for you.

this didnt work either. my username is all lower case.

derekb77

Feb 8, 2009
Even if you fail to enter the pattern correctly a few times, the lock should only be temporary. Although it sounds like you got permanently locked out, if I understand correctly... If it still doesn't take the username either, I'd just say reflash your phone with the update.zip

i reflashed the device after i did a nandroid backup and was able to login with my normal username@gmail.com account info. the thing is it was set back to factory defaults so all my info was missing (apps, setting, etc.). so that rules out an issue with my gmail account. i tried restoring the nandroid backup that i created before the wipe and reflash but the restore still contains the locked state of the phone and asks for username and pass. looks like my last option would be to try the suggestion posted by haykuro here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=485988 otherwise i'll have to just start from scratch with the new flash.

Jamaican

Oct 7, 2007
Just shut the phone off ............ press and hold the home button, then press the power button until the phone vibrate, keep holding the home button untill you see yellow text on the screen, now open the keyboard and press alt and W at the same time. wait about 30sec then press the home and back button at the same time .... and there it is no more password

derekb77

Feb 8, 2009
Just shut the phone off ............ press and hold the home button, then press the power button until the phone vibrate, keep holding the home button untill you see yellow text on the screen, now open the keyboard and press alt and W at the same time. wait about 30sec then press the home and back button at the same time .... and there it is no more password

right. that works but like i said that puts everything at default and i have no apps and all my settings are gone etc.

derekb77

Feb 8, 2009
i reflashed the device after i did a nandroid backup and was able to login with my normal username@gmail.com account info. the thing is it was set back to factory defaults so all my info was missing (apps, setting, etc.). so that rules out an issue with my gmail account. i tried restoring the nandroid backup that i created before the wipe and reflash but the restore still contains the locked state of the phone and asks for username and pass. looks like my last option would be to try the suggestion posted by haykuro here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=485988 otherwise i'll have to just start from scratch with the new flash.

cant use this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=485988 because phone is locked and dont have access to switch it to USB debugging as step 3 asks for "Step 3. Plug your G1 into your computer (via usb). (Settings -> Application -> Development -> USB Debugging, must be enabled [it is enabled by default in JesusFreke releases i think])" i assume debugging is turned off because when i try adb i get "device not found." i guess im going to have to start fresh and re-install everything. i still have the "locked" image i can restore and try to unlock if anyone has more suggestions. the weird thing is that it doesnt seem like its trying to connect to google servers when i enter my username and password. i hit "sign in" and it doesnt seem to do anything. really really really weird.

pagubg

Aug 7, 2008
Plovdiv
I think you should check your apn settings. I am sure that, they are wrong. Are you sure that you have 3g connection established before trying to unlock your phone? At the beggining i have locked my phone like yours, and i was trying a few times to unlock it, before understand that my 3g connection wasn't established. I have to delete ALL APN settings and the reAdd the only one that i need. You can try this too.
I hope this will unlock your phone.

derekb77

Feb 8, 2009
I think you should check your apn settings. I am sure that, they are wrong. Are you sure that you have 3g connection established before trying to unlock your phone? At the beggining i have locked my phone like yours, and i was trying a few times to unlock it, before understand that my 3g connection wasn't established. I have to delete ALL APN settings and the reAdd the only one that i need. You can try this too.
I hope this will unlock your phone.

how do i change the APN settings if the phone is locked?

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Amount of time you have been screwing with it you could have reset it by now and had all your apps, customizations back long ago. I think thats your best bet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

usually it says wait 30 seconds and i can try the unlock pattern again. this is the first time its asked for my email address and password again. it happened last night so i waited until this morning and its still asking for my email address and password and wont login. i guess i'll try reflashing the phone. thanks. will report back.