[STOCK][C69XX][4.3] Update to 14.2.A.1.136 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB][DE-/ODEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

[NUT]

attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

How to update to 14.2.A.1.136:
  1. Files:Save them somewhere you remember;
  2. Put 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  3. Put 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
  5. Flash 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
    NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
  6. Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
  7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Unlocked bootloader?
To be able to use this ROM without any special tweaking, download C6903_14.2.A.1.136_kernel.img and
Code:
fastboot flash boot C6903_14.2.A.1.136_kernel.img

Or use flashtool to flash it.

It is a kernel repack, with only one change. To confirm you are running this kernel, check if the file '/nuts_repack' exists.

DE-ODEX your ROM!
  1. Make sure you have the flashable ROM installed before you do this.
  2. Download C6903_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip (Bittorrent: 412MB), save it somewhere you remember;
  3. Put 'C6903_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
  5. Flash 'C6903_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip' in recovery, do not reboot but go back to the main menu;
  6. Clear dalvik-cache ONLY;
  7. Reboot to system.

The first boot after flashing this you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone, this might take a while... but should be just fine :)

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
  • Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
  • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
  • Install XZDualRecovery;
  • Update to 14.2.A.0.290;
  • Then try to update again using TWRP.
  • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
    NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
[STOCK][C69XX][4.3] Update to 14.2.A.1.136 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB][DE-/ODEX], a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
[NUT]
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 14.2.A.0.290
Based On: STOCK

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2014-01-31

Created 2014-01-29
Last Updated 2014-02-01

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-28-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-28-54.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 5,461
  • Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-29-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-29-10.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 4,865
  • Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-29-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-29-46.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 4,666
  • Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-30-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-30-42.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 5,392
  • Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-31-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-31-28.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 5,277
  • Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-49-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-01-49-17.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 4,338
Last edited:

[NUT]

FAQ & Tips and Tricks

Easy switching between locked and unlocked bootloader states!
NOTE: USE TWRP ONLY for this guide.
NOTE 2: You NEED to have XZDualRecovery 2.7.43 or higher to make this work.
  • Create a backup, including the Trim Area (TA!)
  • Unlock your bootloader
  • Restore backup without TA
  • Create a new backup of your UNLOCKED TA
  • Restore the previous TA backup to relock your phone.

Done :good:

Now you can switch between locked and unlocked bootloaders quick and painless: no more system wipes and you can basically do whatever you want :D

How to enable init.d support:
Open a filemanager app and navigate to the location where the XZDualRecovery folder is located and go in to it. Open XZDR.prop as a text file and set dr.initd.active to true.

NOTE: For this guide ROM it means the init.d script called 99SuperSUDaemon will kick in to action, so it's best to disable (by setting chmod 644) /system/etc/install-recovery.sh for the time being or to clear it's contents.

Done :)

Downgrading to a 4.2 ROM:
Download C6903_14.1.G.1.534_[NUT].ftf (Bittorrent: 770MB) and flash it using FlashTool. I've also added the FTF to the downloads page on this DevDB tab, this will allow straight downloads as well.

This FTF will allow you to downgrade to .534 without loss of your IMEI :good:

Thanks to @mharckk and @MohammadAG for the workaround which contributed to the creation of this FTF.

Last edited:

[NUT]

ROM STATUS: STABLE

At this moment, running out of time to sleep before work tomorrow, I have to put this online still with a SEMI-ROOT :(

Fortunately recovery is working well, so I will be able to release a simple patch once I crack this one :good:

No patch required, it was my sleep deprived stupidity which resulted in a stupid mistake!

Last edited:

binoslaw

Jun 28, 2009
Warsaw
Yes, I know. BTW great work. I need RW because I would like to uninstall some apps.

Anyway. I'm waiting for Your magic. ;)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

[NUT]

Yes, I know. BTW great work. I need RW because I would like to uninstall some apps.

Anyway. I'm waiting for Your magic. ;)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can use twrp for that too you know ;)

Boot twrp, mount system, go to advanced and then the file manager. Navigate to system/app and tap all files you want to do something with... :highfive:

[NUT]

Will /system remount work on an Unlocked Bootloader?

Only with a patched ramdisk on the stock kernel I'm afraid... I can do that though, it's not that hard :)

If anyone wants a patched ramdisk-kernel for this ROM, let me know. I won't integrate a recovery though, just the RW patch.

BIG NOTE: it is intended for use on an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY then ... just FYI ;)

Because of your question @mynameisjon I reallized that with the guide in post #2, it should be fairly easy to switch between locked and unlocked TA+kernel sets :D

mynameisjon

Feb 18, 2010
Singapore
Only with a patched ramdisk on the stock kernel I'm afraid... I can do that though, it's not that hard :)

If anyone wants a patched ramdisk-kernel for this ROM, let me know. I won't integrate a recovery though, just the RW patch.

BIG NOTE: it is intended for use on an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY then ... just FYI ;)

Because of your question @mynameisjon I reallized that with the guide in post #2, it should be fairly easy to switch between locked and unlocked TA+kernel sets :D

Would be awesome if you could provide the ramdisk-kernel. I'm assuming that it's a boot.img and that I'd have to install the dual recovery seperately?

fer2503

Nov 7, 2012

For Locked booloader you can use the same root method of 259?

[NUT]

Does an unlocked bootloader still require flashing the stripped package?

Yes sir, it contains all the bits the flashable zip can not flash. I did not check if the kernel itself changed to be honest, so maybe this ROM will work fine on any .290 kernel... but i still need to test that.

Loads of stuff to do tonight :eek:

Reactions: whocares2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

How to update to 14.2.A.1.136:
    1. Files:Save them somewhere you remember;
    2. Put 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    3. Put 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
    5. Flash 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
      NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    6. Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Unlocked bootloader?
    To be able to use this ROM without any special tweaking, download C6903_14.2.A.1.136_kernel.img and
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot C6903_14.2.A.1.136_kernel.img

Or use flashtool to flash it.

It is a kernel repack, with only one change. To confirm you are running this kernel, check if the file '/nuts_repack' exists.

DE-ODEX your ROM!
    1. Make sure you have the flashable ROM installed before you do this.
    2. Download C6903_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip (Bittorrent: 412MB), save it somewhere you remember;
    3. Put 'C6903_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    4. Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
    5. Flash 'C6903_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip' in recovery, do not reboot but go back to the main menu;
    6. Clear dalvik-cache ONLY;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot after flashing this you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone, this might take a while... but should be just fine :)

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
    Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
    Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
    • Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
    • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
    • Install XZDualRecovery;
    • Update to 14.2.A.0.290;
    • Then try to update again using TWRP.
    • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
      NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK][C69XX][4.3] Update to 14.2.A.1.136 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB][DE-/ODEX], a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    [NUT]
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 14.2.A.0.290
    Based On: STOCK

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-01-31

Created 2014-01-29
    Last Updated 2014-02-01
    FAQ & Tips and Tricks

Easy switching between locked and unlocked bootloader states!
    NOTE: USE TWRP ONLY for this guide.
    NOTE 2: You NEED to have XZDualRecovery 2.7.43 or higher to make this work.
    • Create a backup, including the Trim Area (TA!)
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Restore backup without TA
    • Create a new backup of your UNLOCKED TA
    • Restore the previous TA backup to relock your phone.

Done :good:

Now you can switch between locked and unlocked bootloaders quick and painless: no more system wipes and you can basically do whatever you want :D

How to enable init.d support:
    Open a filemanager app and navigate to the location where the XZDualRecovery folder is located and go in to it. Open XZDR.prop as a text file and set dr.initd.active to true.

NOTE: For this guide ROM it means the init.d script called 99SuperSUDaemon will kick in to action, so it's best to disable (by setting chmod 644) /system/etc/install-recovery.sh for the time being or to clear it's contents.

Done :)

Downgrading to a 4.2 ROM:
    Download C6903_14.1.G.1.534_[NUT].ftf (Bittorrent: 770MB) and flash it using FlashTool. I've also added the FTF to the downloads page on this DevDB tab, this will allow straight downloads as well.

This FTF will allow you to downgrade to .534 without loss of your IMEI :good:

Thanks to @mharckk and @MohammadAG for the workaround which contributed to the creation of this FTF.
    ROM STATUS: STABLE

At this moment, running out of time to sleep before work tomorrow, I have to put this online still with a SEMI-ROOT :(

Fortunately recovery is working well, so I will be able to release a simple patch once I crack this one :good:

No patch required, it was my sleep deprived stupidity which resulted in a stupid mistake!
    KitKat rolling out @[NUT] show your magic dude :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

:angel:

Waiting for the first FTF to surface ;)
    The C6906 ROM package is uploading, for now it's torrent file and FTF have been put online.

It will start seeding as soon as I've completed uploading it :)

Have fun people :good:

-- EDIT --

Will have the C6902 version online in about an hour too.

-- EDIT2 --

Updated OP with the links for the torrent file and FTF for the C6902 version now, still uploading though. It will start seeding as soon as it completes uploading.