sandisk 64gb micro sd under $25 shipped! Limited quantity!?

Search This thread

justda

Jun 29, 2012
Seattle, wa
I ordered a 32 gig card for 16 bucks off eBay. Not a huge savings but I didn't have to put on pants so I was OK with it.

I got it 3 days later and after putting it in my phone and loading it up with stuff I realized the file names were crazy and nothing worked. No idea there was a scam out there about cards but come to find out my card held only a whopping 2 gigs. A little research lead me to all the scam articles, and I went back to the seller calling him a scam artist and a cheat. He sent me a new card and told me to keep the other one...

Be wary when buying stuff like this from eBay...

BillzillaAus

Nov 12, 2012
That's not the best way, there are specifics apps for that. Just full filling the card won't guarantee that's its real.

Enviado de meu GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

How is it possible to fill a 64 gb card with 64 gb of files if it's smaller than that?
(Allowing for the usual 7% difference between a real gb and the sales gb)

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Just got mine and when i use a barcode scanner on it , It shows only 4gb or something .The seller told me that maybe the item is damage and he sent me a new one ... but i told him , no need and stop wasting my time. and then sent the item back next day and had to file a case and got a full refund since ebay have this Buyer Protection. :)

mazbot

Jun 18, 2013
Florianópolis
How is it possible to fill a 64 gb card with 64 gb of files if it's smaller than that?
(Allowing for the usual 7% difference between a real gb and the sales gb)

Because the controller has been programmed to falsely report it's capacity as say 64GB to Windows, you can still fill over the real capacity but when you use one of those apps, it will report a mass data lost/corrupt and will provide the real capacity and allow to fix the size.

mazbot

Jun 18, 2013
Florianópolis
I find that hard to believe.

That's why RMPrepUSB, FakeFlashTest or H2TESTW write all over the SD and try to read data after. There are 2 kinds of fake SD: one that just ignore all data over the real size and another that will overwrite the memory. That's the worse case, because if are using this to save photos you will think it's fine, because you can see the last photos and some of the first ones. And that's why some sellers attach a scan from those apps on eBay's seller's page.

Reactions: braschlosan

braschlosan

Sep 11, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Just wanted to point out I bought one of these from a similar auction and it always corrupts files once it's bout five gigabytes full.

BillzillaAus

Nov 12, 2012
That's why RMPrepUSB, FakeFlashTest or H2TESTW write all over the SD and try to read data after. There are 2 kinds of fake SD: one that just ignore all data over the real size and another that will overwrite the memory. That's the worse case, because if are using this to save photos you will think it's fine, because you can see the last photos and some of the first ones. And that's why some sellers attach a scan from those apps on eBay's seller's page.

Interesting, thanks for that.

Reactions: mazbot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    C'mon guys, these are shipping from China, from a low count seller.

DUH.
    These are fake cards.
    It's common practice.
    Cancel your bids and stay AWAY from this auction.

You're going to receive something that LOOKS like a Sandisk but performs like SanCrap.
    I read this ad like 6 times and I can't seem to find the BS flag anywhere. I decided to just order it and see, if it's not legit I'll just send it back. If this is real, it's a steal!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301099626587
    For that price, I ordered 2 of them!

Hope they are good!
    I find that hard to believe.

Interesting, thanks for that.