A few problems after installing Cyanogenmod 11

Search This thread

FlyingPotato

Mar 2, 2014
Hello.
Today I decided that I should upgrade my phone and move to Cyanogenmod 11.
So I downloaded everything, followed every step, made a backup with Titanium Backup, and upgraded.
With (almost) no problems, my phone booted with Cyanogenmod.
At first, everything went smooth, I put all my stuff back in the memory while I sit back and enjoy the speed.

But then everything went bad. I found out all my contacts are gone, all my photos are gone, all of my songs are gone, the home button doesn't work, I opened Nova Launcher and suddenly the lockscreen has been disabled.
I can't close apps because the home button doesn't work. The button on the upper left on the notification center doesn't work (although it worked at first), I don't even get notifications.
There is no physical problem with the home button. When the phone is locked, I press the home button and it wakes it up, but it does nothing besides that.
I also can't access my Contacts app, I need to open the Phone app and access them through there.
Also– I can't receive any calls. It seems the phone knows a call has been made, but it sends the caller straight to voice mail and I need to check the missing calls to see if anybody called.
If it helps, whenever I boot the phone there's a tiny exclamation mark on the top left.

Please help.

kunal1540

Jun 6, 2013
City of oranges
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Well don't know what the problem is but seems like you are running out of RAM... I personally didn't had any problem with any aosp ROM be it cm11 or omni...
Try flashing it again and flash it clean that is do a factory reset then wipe system,preload, cache, dalvik cache..and then install it...
Also avoid using art as your runtime as it may be the culprit...

Sent from my GT-I9300

FlyingPotato

Mar 2, 2014
Well don't know what the problem is but seems like you are running out of RAM... I personally didn't had any problem with any aosp ROM be it cm11 or omni...
Try flashing it again and flash it clean that is do a factory reset then wipe system,preload, cache, dalvik cache..and then install it...
Also avoid using art as your runtime as it may be the culprit...

Sent from my GT-I9300

I doubt it's about the RAM, I never had any problems with it, and I clean it regularly.
I will try to flash it again, but I try to back my things up, and instead of backing up only the user apps (107) Titanium Backup backs up about 321 files, which I think means it backs up also the System stuff.

What do you mean by "avoid using art as your runtime"?

EDIT: I flashed the ROM again, and everything works fine. But before I bring all of my stuff back through Titanium Backup, I need to be sure: What does grey apps with cross line on them means? Because I don't want to screw up my phone again...

Last edited:

kunal1540

Jun 6, 2013
City of oranges
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I doubt it's about the RAM, I never had any problems with it, and I clean it regularly.
I will try to flash it again, but I try to back my things up, and instead of backing up only the user apps (107) Titanium Backup backs up about 321 files, which I think means it backs up also the System stuff.

What do you mean by "avoid using art as your runtime"?

EDIT: I flashed the ROM again, and everything works fine. But before I bring all of my stuff back through Titanium Backup, I need to be sure: What does grey apps with cross line on them means? Because I don't want to screw up my phone again...

The apps which are crossed are not installed in your device...avoid the ones which are colored as these are the apps from your previous system which must have been backed up by titanium backup...dont restore them..just go in the tab which says restore missing apps with data..the first one in the restore section..it contains all your user apps with their data backed up..
although cm thread says that they dont support the use of titanium or restoring your data...
so i also restore those apps for which data is always necessary like games...it us a little cumbersome but ya thats the way to go for better experience...

FlyingPotato

Mar 2, 2014
The apps which are crossed are not installed in your device...avoid the ones which are colored as these are the apps from your previous system which must have been backed up by titanium backup...dont restore them..just go in the tab which says restore missing apps with data..the first one in the restore section..it contains all your user apps with their data backed up..
although cm thread says that they dont support the use of titanium or restoring your data...
so i also restore those apps for which data is always necessary like games...it us a little cumbersome but ya thats the way to go for better experience...

Okay so I restored all of my apps, some info is missing but that's fine. Just a small problem– Slow charging. The battery take AGES to charge and the percents goes down if I use the phone while charging.
Suggestions?

kunal1540

Jun 6, 2013
City of oranges
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Okay so I restored all of my apps, some info is missing but that's fine. Just a small problem– Slow charging. The battery take AGES to charge and the percents goes down if I use the phone while charging.
Suggestions?

try changing usb cable most of the times that is defective...happened with me twice but fortunately was still in warranty..so got a new one both times and since then no problems..
was it charging better with the stock one??

Reactions: Vicious1984

FlyingPotato

Mar 2, 2014
try changing usb cable most of the times that is defective...happened with me twice but fortunately was still in warranty..so got a new one both times and since then no problems..

Yes it was. The charging time changed only after flashing to CM.
The usb cable is not the problem, I tried 2 USB and one charger, the charging remains the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Suggestions?